Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/7/2015 5:48:28 AM EDT
I love autumn. It's not just that the kids are back in school (hell yeah!).

Some of you live in parts of the country where you don't get that much seasonal difference, but here in the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast, fall can still be pretty spectacular for a few weeks.

Going outside with a mug of joe on a crisp fall Saturday morning. Taking drive on random country roads.

My town is where most of the Battle of Brandywine was fought and does a pretty cool commemoration every year.

My "zone" is the red one and peaks the latest (for color)

Random PA fall pics, not mine

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:52:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know man. I just want to wear jeans and a jacket.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:54:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Fall is my favorite season.  
Cooler temps, earthy smells, time out in the woods hunting....

We get a leaf change sme years around here, but for the most part you dont see much color since 80% of the trees around here are mesquite or cedar.  

Dammit, I fucking HATE the summer, especially August in Texas!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:54:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Double edged sword here.  It's when temps cool off just enough to be able to go outside but then the roads are clogged up with retarted blue haired yankees.......
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:55:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#5]

I save up my 5 weeks of vacation and dump them throughout October, November and December.  I can't wait for the crisp morning boat rides to our duck spots.

After fall comes ice fishing!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a nice buck cross in front of me the other day and was wishing for hunting season. I am also taking the family on a 3 day cruise in October where my kids will fly for the first time (2 out of 3 do not knownwe are going).  However summer is my busy season for our sideline business and it is so short here I am not trying to rush fall along, it will be here quick enough.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:09:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Fall is the best time for me. I`m in the autumn of my life and really having a good time. Long sleeve shirt, coffee, a fish jumps, rustling colorful leaves. Yep.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:16:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I like fall. Fall is cider season, and I'm fermenting 10-15 gallons of it this year.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:24:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I love fall.  Don't get too much of the perks down in FL.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:26:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Feels like it's already here in OH this morning.

Not your typical August in these parts.

I love it.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#12]
If I could get all my firewood cut up, then yes.  Me

And hunting season
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#13]
i like summer much better but i do enjoy the fall when the leaves start changing colors. i also enjoy football season and the cooler temps for shooting. living in pa with 4 real seasons there is something i like about all of them.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#14]
I love a nice dry, wind free, cool but not cold fall day when all the leaves are on the ground and you can hear a deer coming long before you see them in the woods. There is just something special about seeing a deer walking calmly through the woods when the deer feels safe but you can still see it from a ways off because no leaves are in the way on trees. It is different than early in the season where you can only catch bits and pieces until they hit a lane you have cleared or when they are in an open field and on high alert.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#15]
I can't wait.  I'll be forwarding my mail to my tree stand
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:39:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Anything but summer.  It's hotter than the inside of Satan's ass here.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:41:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fall/Halloween season is my favorite.

View Quote
Mine too. First cool morning with that crisp bite in the air. Don't need a coat but a good sweatshirt or padded flannel shirt. Kicking through piles of leaves on the sidewalk. Laughing at the kids returning to school and remembering how much I hated school. Now, I love school. Fall brings fresh eye candy in the form of freshman college chicks. Nothing beats fall except a snowy winter in the Northwest but that rarely happens here in Western Washington.

Looking forward to fall. All the good times and good memories.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Not looking forward to the snow. It's been cold as hell these past few winters and they've started earlier and earlier in the fall.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:45:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quit posting my topics!

Serially, I was thinking of putting up this very thred.  Been hot & humid here for awhile, looking fwd to the coolness, harvest season, cider, leaves rustling underfoot...
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:52:07 AM EDT
[#20]
The arrival of fall means that winter is almost here and winter is my favorite season.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:52:57 AM EDT
[#21]
1) Being a northern boy, its been 90+ most days for the last 3 months, fuck, I'm tired of it.
2) The Kinzua bridge in the OP no longer exists.  It was took down by a tornado (10ish?) years ago.

ETA::12 years ago.  Damn, time sure does fly.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Here in SE Ohio lots of fall color.  Crisp fall mornings in the woods deer hunting nearly every day for me.  Filling the freezer and waiting for Mr. Big to come my way.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:55:13 AM EDT
[#23]
BEST time of year. No humidity, heat, mosquitos, black flies, or horse flies. Stay in the woods/fields all day in total comfort.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:55:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Looking forward to winter. It has been a very hot summer this year.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:56:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Hunting, football, chili, thanksgiving, my cabin, kids in school.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 6:58:15 AM EDT
[#26]
It's supposed to be 103 for at least the next several days with fairly high humidity. It'll be into the 90s up into Oct probably. What do you think?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:09:43 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Feels like it's already here in OH this morning.

Not your typical August in these parts.

I love it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:15:38 AM EDT
[#28]
I love fall. except for the fact that my kids go back to school. I like them around.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:18:20 AM EDT
[#29]
I would say Fall is one of the best seasons, burning leaves, windows open, cold rains, air just feels crisper in the mornings, shooting at the range is oddly better.

The thing is it means winter is coming
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:20:00 AM EDT
[#30]
No. I wish summer would never end. Fall just means that winter is coming, and I fucking hate winter.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Me... it's 100+ degrees here during the day... August is t3h suck for heat here. September will still be pretty hot.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:22:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
BEST time of year. No humidity, heat, mosquitos, black flies, or horse flies. Stay in the woods/fields all day in total comfort.
View Quote

This.

The time between mid September and Christmas is my favorite time of year.

I'm headed out right now to split wood to prep.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#33]
I hate the cold. I hate the rain. I hate the wind. I hate the darkness. Fuck fall, fuck winter.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:27:02 AM EDT
[#34]

I'm up in the Pocono's for the weekend and It's freezing here right now.

'Sup, Homie?
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:30:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I hate the cold. I hate the rain. I hate the wind. I hate the darkness. Fuck fall, fuck winter.
View Quote

I would swap weather so fast with you. I hate the heat, the sunshine, and the intense light. I need to move to Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:31:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Fall is my favorite time of year
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#37]
Not me.  I mean I love Fall, but that means Winter is right around the corner.

F old man winter!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:53:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Fall is depressing.. it means summer is over and winter is on its way.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:56:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Love me some fall. It's actually fallish weather right now. Grabbed a cup of java and sat out on the deck this morning. It's in the 50s and crisp. Something tells me it's gonna be a cold winter.

I love the seasons, winter starts to suck pretty quick , it's the lack of daylight that gets me. I was just looking for cheap flashlights yesterday, always seem to be outside in the dark trying to do stuff in the winter.  

Gotta stock up on wood pellets...
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:59:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

My sentiments exactly.

I like sunshine, being warm and seeing green everywhere.

Fall is pretty but once I've got to wear long sleeves, I know the suck called winter is right around the corner.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#41]
I love the IDEA of fall. I've never experienced a real fall. We go from summer, to hell, back to summer, and then around January it cools off for a few weeks. I'd love to take a trip in the fall and see some scenery similar to what the op posted.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#42]
Fall is my second favorite season.

It's nice for hiking and camping, general sight seeing, etc

But winter is where its at

Love me some winter camping and skiing
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Fall is my favorite time of year.  We redecorate our house with some pretty neat stuff for the fall.  

Then there is apple and pumpkin picking and outdoor fires on cold nights.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:06:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Me.

I have been busy picking up some Arcteryx stuff dirt cheap with all of the closeout sales going on but it is too warm to wear right now.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 8:08:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Favorite season ...always has been , always will be
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm up in the Pocono's for the weekend and It's freezing here right now.

'Sup, Homie?
View Quote

Be sure to back over a New Yorker at the gas station for me.

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Me.

I have been busy picking up some Arcteryx stuff dirt cheap with all of the closeout sales going on but it is too warm to wear right now.
View Quote

You don't say.  Links?

Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#48]
I love fall!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:51:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Fall is my favorite season.  But I love warm weather too, so I'm not in any particular hurry for summer to end either.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 10:52:01 AM EDT
[#50]
I really like fall in upstate NY, but I abso-fucking-lutely HATE winter anymore, and fall is just the harbinger of snow.

So, yeah, I can wait for fall to get here.

Besides, I'm having a kick ass summer

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top