Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/19/2002 8:55:24 PM EDT
Is it wrong to think that America is in need of another revolution? Maybe it is just me, but I am thinking that the political hags have more power than they are entitled to, and they are imposing laws that are causing the downfall of american society. I am not for anarchy, but I think that we have given up way too much freedom, and it is time to take it back. Just my .02.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
6 posts and you already have the origami foil hat going? Doing research on us?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I spoke to a politician recently regarding this. He admitted that the only way to get back to the core values this country was founded on would be a revolution. Better men than you and I have given their lives for the cause of liberty, and I myself have served my country. I know you too have served, venom, and I thank you for that. Is it time for us to stand together again and serve our country by demanding the rights garaunteed us in our Constitution? And will that eventually mean revolution.... I think it will.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Nope...Just concerned. I think that the government has gone from keeping our best interests in mind to doing what they think is "Politically Correct". I am starting the stockpile, and when it comes to the tin foil hat, I guess I would wear one if I really thought it would do any good. Let me just ask this, do you really think that a lot of the laws today really help us out? Do you think we have any business being the peacekeeper of the world when we can't keep peace in our own country? I am not an extremist, but I think something has to change before things really get out of hand.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree with what Thomas Jefferson said about the Whisky Rebellion:

" A little rebellion now and then ...is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."

[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/189362613X/103-2689988-6167001?vi=glance[/url]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:08:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Nope...Just concerned. I think that the government has gone from keeping our best interests in mind to doing what they think is "Politically Correct". I am starting the stockpile, and when it comes to the tin foil hat, I guess I would wear one if I really thought it would do any good. Let me just ask this, do you really think that a lot of the laws today really help us out? Do you think we have any business being the peacekeeper of the world when we can't keep peace in our own country? I am not an extremist, but I think something has to change before things really get out of hand.
View Quote

When I enlisted in the Army, I swore to [b]support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.[/b] I think we have many of those enemies within right now. Some we can remove through the democratic process and others we must show the door. Start with Hollywood - throw most of those SOB's out... If people don't like America and don't believe in our Constitution, get out.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:11:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I agree with what Thomas Jefferson said about the Whisky Rebellion:

" A little rebellion now and then ...is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government."

[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/189362613X/103-2689988-6167001?vi=glance[/url]
View Quote

Sounds like there is a lot of truth in that. Thomas Jefferson was a wise man.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#8]
This is exactly why private gun ownership was garaunteed in our Constitution. It makes us citizens and not just subjects. Government is subject to us.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#9]
In defense of the government, I can understand a basic urge for self preservation. Job security is a concern of mine as well. I do believe that those who wish to have everything laid out for them, and would have the government control every aspect of our lives are few, but have a very loud voice.

I am not a rich man, and therefore running for office is pretty much out of my budget. This is the case for many like minded individuals. I think we at least need a "breath of fresh air" in the government at the very least. Someone with strong moral values, but someone with and even stronger belief in a person's free will.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:28:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is exactly why private gun ownership was garaunteed in our Constitution. It makes us citizens and not just subjects. Government is subject to us.
View Quote

"The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people"

"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#11]
An excerpt from a novel by one who knows:

[b]And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling in terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand....The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt![/b]

..................... Alexandr Solzhenitsyn, [b]The Gulag Archipelago[/b]

Eric The(You'llKnowWhatToDoWhenTheTimesComes)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Our government is just too big... I wish they would stop wasting my tax money on crack whores in DC. When government gets into the social aspects of life, it has gone too far. Seems dificult to change things now... too many people depend on government handouts.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:32:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Great quote ETH...

I've been meaning to read that book lately, never got around to it yet though..

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:37:06 PM EDT
[#14]
SS109 said it well in the thread I made about a time frame for disarmament.

If you want to boil a frog, don't throw him in hot water, he'll just jump out. Instead, put him in cold water and turn up the heat slowly.

I am coming to the regretable conclusion that that is us, gentlemen.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Our government is just too big... I wish they would stop wasting my tax money on crack whores in DC. When government gets into the social aspects of life, it has gone too far. Seems difficult to change things now... too many people depend on government handouts.
View Quote

Not to get off the topic at hand, I agree that the government is misspending our tax money. I personally know a woman that is a single mother living with the father of her children who was given money for rent, school, food, and utilities by the government. What did she do, got student loans to buy cars, televisions, you name it. Now she has graduated, and is working at a gas station because she no longer want's to be a teacher.

Where are the checks for this type of thing. F*** the bleeding hearts!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you want to boil a frog, don't throw him in hot water, he'll just jump out. Instead, put him in cold water and turn up the heat slowly.

View Quote

Well said. I'm afraid the heat has been rising far too long. We must remain vigilant!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:40:59 PM EDT
[#17]
I just want everyone to keep that quote in the back of their mind, in the future.

We know that the Standoff at Mt. Carmel brought the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team to such a point that Atty. General Reno was informed that either the standoff had to be resolved or the HRT group would have to be withdrawn from the field for rest and retraining.

If one little standoff can wear out this nation's elite JBTs in 50 days, in one little setting, imagine what 10,000 such fires burning would accomplish!

Eric The(ButOnlyImagineForTheMoment)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

And how many frog's will jump out before being boiled alive? I would guess it is few and far between.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Macallan, you neglected to credit those comments to the person who spoke them.  WJC, was it not?

I was rejected for the draft and have not served in the military.  I have not had the opportunity to swear the oath to defend my country or the constitution.  None the less, I take it to heart as if I had done so.  You should have no doubt where the loyalties of this old fart lie should a revolution be forced upon us.  God forbid, it would be a terrible thing.  We MUST find another way.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just want everyone to keep that quote in the back of their mind, in the future.

We know that the Standoff at Mt. Carmel brought the FBI's Hostage Rescue Team to such a point that Atty. General Reno was informed that either the standoff had to be resolved or the HRT group would have to be withdrawn from the field for rest and retraining.

If one little standoff can wear out this nation's elite JBTs in 50 days, in one little setting, imagine what 10,000 such fires burning would accomplish!

View Quote

Just think if the wrong people created that standoff. What is 100 Al Queda sects were to start such fires? Would that change the direction of the nation?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:47:10 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

I guess we should never underestimate the power of a free man with the will to remain free. Don't let that fire in our hearts burn out!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Macallan, you neglected to credit those comments to the person who spoke them.  WJC, was it not?

I was rejected for the draft and have not served in the military.  I have not had the opportunity to swear the oath to defend my country or the constitution.  None the less, I take it to heart as if I had done so.  You should have no doubt where the loyalties of this old fart lie should a revolution be forced upon us.  God forbid, it would be a terrible thing.  We MUST find another way.
View Quote

I have no doubt that you are loyal to your country, thank you for that. I also agree that we must try our best to find another way. I think that the supreme court does a fine job at upholding our constitution when they are charged to do so, but that does not stop the bueareucrats from making new unconstitutional laws that will never be contrasted with the constitution. Remeber who are making the laws.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Just think if the wrong people created that standoff. What is 100 Al Queda sects were to start such fires? Would that change the direction of the nation?
View Quote

If Al Queda starts some of those fires here, I don't think they'll have to worry about the government. They should worry about us kicking their A$$
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Interesting rhetoric.  

I see nothing that concretely defines the problems that a "revolution" would solve, let alone anything in the way of practical solutions.  

Anyone here care to get *real* for a minute?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:56:08 PM EDT
[#25]
I can agree with the fact that Al Queda would have us to deal with, but it is a fear of mine that in the event that we were to be attacked on the homefront unexpectedly by any large number, our vulnerability would be pronounced to the world leaving us open for further attacks. Need I remind you that America is one of, if not the most hated country in the world.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:57:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Interesting rhetoric.  

I see nothing that concretely defines the problems that a "revolution" would solve, let alone anything in the way of practical solutions.  

View Quote

No harm meant here, Dr. Phil, but I do believe we are talking about "getting real"

Do you think the government has overstepped the bounds for which it was established? And if so, would revolution change that. That is what this thread is about.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Interesting rhetoric.  

View Quote

This is the response I was waiting for. This is the norm here.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Post from venom_inc -
View Quote

Sure!

An armed uprising by folks inimical to this nation would unleash thousands of armed citizens to assist in putting out the fires that the feds maybe could not all handle.  

Whether the feds wanted their help or not!

If Sept 11th showed us anything, it was that the only concerted effort at foiling the evil deeds of the terrorists came not from the almighty federal government, with its men and military machinery, but from a dozen or so citizens uniting together to fight terrorism tooth and nail, hammer and tong, and saying to Osama, 'Your evil deeds will end here and go no further! We beat Hitler, we beat Tojo, we beat Stalin, and by God, you will surely be beaten as well!'

Eric The(Let'sRoll!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Let's get *real*. Do you think that when we (Americans) decided to revolt against Britain there were not people that shared your sentiment? I believe that there were. As I am no historian, I can not confirm. But as I said before, I do not want to force my belief upon you. I do not see a revolution in the near (5 years) future, but I do think that there is a growing concern about how our government is handling our freedoms, and in that I do believe that there will be an uprising or revolution.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I can agree with the fact that Al Queda would have us to deal with, but it is a fear of mine that in the event that we were to be attacked on the homefront unexpectedly by any large number, our vulnerability would be pronounced to the world leaving us open for further attacks. Need I remind you that America is one of, if not the most hated country in the world.
View Quote

The reason the US has had little in the way of formal attacks on our nation is the 2nd Amendment. No one would come into this country just to have their butts kicked by all of us gun-toting maniacs... If we let the government take our guns, what assurances do we have?

We are hated because we are blessed...
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:04:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Post from venom_inc -
View Quote

Sure!

An armed uprising by folks inimical to this nation would unleash thousands of armed citizens to assist in putting out the fires that the feds maybe could not all handle.  

If Sept 11th showed us anything, it was that the only concerted effort at foiling the evil deeds of the terrorists came not from the almighty federal government, with its men and military machinery, but from a dozen or so citizens uniting together to fight terrorism tooth and nail, hammer and tong, and saying to Osama, 'Your evil deeds will end here and go no further! We beat Hitler, we beat Tojo, we beat Stalin, and by God, you will surely be beaten as well!'

View Quote

Thank God for the free man with the will to remain free!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:07:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Revolution, my ass.

You don't like it?  Form a political party and change it.  No one has taken your right to assemble or vote, has it?

This thread is just a bunch of mental masturbation.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Revolution, my ass.

You don't like it?  Form a political party and change it.  No one has taken your right to assemble or vote, has it?

View Quote

Do you believe the political process can change the course on which we have embarked?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:09:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Post from venom_inc -
View Quote

Sure!

View Quote

Those aforementioned that have been beaten, with the exception of the Sept. 11th attack were beaten on foreign soil. Sept. 11th was an attack of a few cowards that did not have the gut's to face us. The togetherness of America touched me, but I think that that has since passed. I am not saying that people are no longer patriotic toward their country, because they are. I am saying that they have ceased to feel that brotherly compassion that was felt on that faithful day. I also believe that the new found patriotism was spawned of anger and not true love for what America, and the flag which represents it, stand for.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:10:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The reason the US has had little in the way of formal attacks on our nation is the 2nd Amendment. No one would come into this country just to have their butts kicked by all of us gun-toting maniacs... If we let the government take our guns, what assurances do we have?

View Quote

The reason we have had little in the way of formal attacks is because of two very large bodies of water and both our east and west coasts.  The nations to the north and south do not have the military strength to challenge us.  It has little or nothing to do with the second amendment.  That little sweetheart is to ensure that we do not fall prey to a tyrannical government (of which I do not see that one exists.)
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Revolution, my ass.

View Quote

Do you believe the political process can change the course on which we have embarked?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Do you believe the political process can change the course on which we have embarked?>>

I do, but just barely. If we go much further, then I will have very very little hope for a non violent  rebirth of our nations ideals...
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:13:23 PM EDT
[#38]
I didn't vote because there wasn't a category.

Do I think we're headed for a revolution? No. Do I think we need one? YES!

The Homeland Security Act and the Patriot Act have assured the governments place as our master. Any talk of revolution will make you an enemy combatant..You will lose all Constitutional rights like the guys our government is currently holding.

And, there are far more sheeple than patriots. And there aren't any patriots that have the cojones of our founding fathers. Much talk about a revolution, but nobody will shoot the 1st shot. And, if someone stepped up to shoot the 1st shot, they would be labled a terrorist by the sheeple and the government. His story would never be told...

We will never see a revolution here again. We will either be invaded by another more powerful country in the future or we will be obliterated by nukes...

And yes, I do have a positive attitude [;)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:14:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Revolution, my ass.

View Quote

That worked for Thomas Jefferson didn't it.

My rights to assemble and vote have not been taken entirely, but I am not given the option to vote on everything. Forming a political party is an interesting idea. How about I call it the reformist party. One that believes in true freedom.

Yes this thread could be considered mental masturbation, but this is a forum, and in my opinion that is what all forum's are.

I don't like it, and that is why this thread was started. I have not forced anything on you, but thank you for your retort.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:14:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Yes, but remember that Todd Beamer and the others on that ill-fated flight were [u]not[/u] caught up in the 'Spirit of Sept 11th', but just ordinary Americans face to face with extraordinary events!

They knew just what to do, instinctively!

Eric The(SoWillWe!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

The reason we have had little in the way of formal attacks is because of two very large bodies of water and both our east and west coasts.  The nations to the north and south do not have the military strength to challenge us.  It has little or nothing to do with the second amendment.  That little sweetheart is to ensure that we do not fall prey to a tyrannical government (of which I do not see that one exists.)
View Quote

Those very large bodies of water certainly are a deterent, but I submit to you that citizens willing to fight for freedom are a great deterent as well. The second amendment has given us the tools to be that deterent. Yes, it also serves as protection for the citizen from the government, but don't short change it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:16:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I didn't vote because there wasn't a category.

Do I think we're headed for a revolution? No. Do I think we need one? YES!

The Homeland Security Act and the Patriot Act have assured the governments place as our master. Any talk of revolution will make you an enemy combatant..You will lose all Constitutional rights like the guys our government is currently holding.

And, there are far more sheeple than patriots. And there aren't any patriots that have the cojones of our founding fathers. Much talk about a revolution, but nobody will shoot the 1st shot. And, if someone stepped up to shoot the 1st shot, they would be labled a terrorist by the sheeple and the government. His story would never be told...

We will never see a revolution here again. We will either be invaded by another more powerful country in the future or we will be obliterated by nukes...

And yes, I do have a positive attitude [;)]
View Quote

Well said!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#43]
You don't think you have the ability to influence your country?

Let's look at Jesse Ventura.  He was an enlisted man during the Viet Nam War.  Following his discharge, he made a name for himself by pulling on a pair of tights and a feather boa and stepping in a ring.  He didn't have the backing of a huge established political party - or have a large personal nest egg to finance his campaign.  He campaigned on a platform of ideas and was elected Governor.  His ideas and willingness to buck the current system had people encouraging him to run for president.

So, if you don't like the system, quit fucking whining, get off your damn computer and do something to change it.  Those great dead white guys placed a land of opportunity for every citizen to speak his voice.

But if you McVeigh wannabes want to sit there and rub your rifle and think of thoughts of glory to yourself - go ahead - but I'm not with you and I'll be defending the country that is the greatest in the world.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#44]
The original poster said: "I am not for anarchy, but I think that we have given up way too much freedom, and it is time to take it back."

Nothing anyone can say is going to change that sentiment.  Will the man behind the voice (or his alter- [;)]) ever act on those ideas, that is the question.

The revolution has already occurred, IMO.  Fought by Coca-cola, McDonalds, consumer electronics, professional sports, and the WWF, and eaten up by a tired public that just wants to stop thinking about how fucking hard life is.  

We dream of SHTF scenarios and heroic "revolution" fantasies to quiet that nagging feeling that something just isn't right in the world, without realizing that the world has never *been* right, and the world will never *be* right.  Remember, the last revolution led us to this place in history.  Why would another one get us to anything better?

Love,

Dr. Phil
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:28:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't believe that the political system can be salvaged. I believe that there are far too many people out there who vote with the masses. Along with that I don't believe that the options that are needed have been or will be proposed. As far as whining, I do not think that I am. Sitting on the computer, well that is what I do when I am at work. Stroking my rifle, only when I am cleaning it. Blowing up buildings like Mcveigh, well that is cowardess. I support my country, and seeing that I don't have a choice (I pay taxes) I support my government. If we were being attacked by enemies foreign, I would fight for America, but if it were a domestic war, well then I would be for the people.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Let's look at Jesse Ventura.  He was an enlisted man during the Viet Nam War.  Following his discharge, he made a name for himself by pulling on a pair of tights and a feather boa and stepping in a ring.  He didn't have the backing of a huge established political party - or have a large personal nest egg to finance his campaign.  He campaigned on a platform of ideas and was elected Governor.  His ideas and willingness to buck the current system had people encouraging him to run for president.

So, if you don't like the system, quit fucking whining, get off your damn computer and do something to change it.  Those great dead white guys placed a land of opportunity for every citizen to speak his voice.

But if you McVeigh wannabes want to sit there and rub your rifle and think of thoughts of glory to yourself - go ahead - but I'm not with you and I'll be defending the country that is the greatest in the world.
View Quote

Spoken like a true patriot. And there are some of us who do not like to be lumped in with McVeigh.

Thank you.
Todd
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:31:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

You obviously don't understand our position. Calling us "McVeigh wannabes" is a little overboard and actually quite offensive. McVeigh was a coward. No one here is talking about blowing up buildings and killing children. What we're talking about is standing up for our rights. When the government oversteps its bounds, who has the responsibility to correct it? The political process? The judiciary? How about the people? If the people don't allow the government to reign freely and unchecked, a better government will be had. If you don't feel that revolution is necessary, that's up to you. For those that do think the government has gone to far, let the discussion continue.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#48]
I am prepared to act on those feelings. I do not know believe that I am the person that will enact some sort of revolution. I am a family man. I work, pay taxes (that I think are misappropriated), and live a fairly mundane life. I dream of, and even wish for SHTF scenarios, but I do not want my wife or children to have to endure any of the above, let alone a revolution. I vote, but that changes little. I know that the world will quite possibly never be *right*, but I do believe that it can be much better.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:35:44 PM EDT
[#49]
We gave you three boxes to correct political wrongs.

The ballot box.

The jury box.

The cartridge box.

Benjamin Franklin.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:36:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Let's look at Jesse Ventura.  He was an enlisted man during the Viet Nam War.  Following his discharge, he made a name for himself by pulling on a pair of tights and a feather boa and stepping in a ring
View Quote

Jesse was voted in because he is/was a celebrity. No other reason... It had NOTHING to do with his political views. Just like Sonny Buono, Shirly Temple Black, and Ronald Reagan..Fortunately, Ronnie DID something...Jesse is a joke..If Eminem were to run, he would make it in a landslide.. You sure would have the younger votes. Wait and see if Arnold Swartznegger (sp) runs for Calif. governor.....

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top