User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 2:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is called FOOD, and can be bought or made for pennies on the dollar of what hadalife or GNC sell for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Supplements and vitamins don't work.

That's a pretty bold statement to make.

Facts is facts. Aside from creatine and shady unhealthy stuff that really should be considered drugs and not "herbs", none of that crap is proven to do shit.

So glutamine, fish oil, protein shakes, pre workout drinks (energy drinks), and meal replacement shakes, do nothing?  .

That is called FOOD, and can be bought or made for pennies on the dollar of what hadalife or GNC sell for.

Apparently our definitions vary of what an additive/supplement to ones meal intake is. What I listed is what many also consider a SUPPLEMENT. Not about to get in a debate over all of this "crap" you think you have so much knowledge regarding it's usefulness.

And yet people still buy supplements because it's easier to get to their ideal intake balance. Sorry, a lot of people don't have time or want to cut up fish, chug a caffeinated drinks before a work out, or eat enough protein enriched food everyday.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 2:27:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Not totally on point, but Herbalife did have problems with California and the Feds:

http://www.culteducation.com/reference/herbalife/herbalife9.html

Seems he died in Malibu and had once lived in a mansion that he bought from Kenny Rogers, in Beverly Hills.

No mention about Palos Verdes Estates, but I had friends move there from the SFV and there are nice mansions there, so it's plausible, as opposed to the fellow you're arguing with, stating that he lived in East L.A..

His mom died of an overdose and he died of an overdose from alcohol (.21 BAL) and anti-depressants.

Chris
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup calling BS. Got a link to back it up.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Not totally on point, but Herbalife did have problems with California and the Feds:

http://www.culteducation.com/reference/herbalife/herbalife9.html

Seems he died in Malibu and had once lived in a mansion that he bought from Kenny Rogers, in Beverly Hills.

No mention about Palos Verdes Estates, but I had friends move there from the SFV and there are nice mansions there, so it's plausible, as opposed to the fellow you're arguing with, stating that he lived in East L.A..

His mom died of an overdose and he died of an overdose from alcohol (.21 BAL) and anti-depressants.

Chris

The lawsuit with CA and the feds had to do with promises made about the product, nothing to do with tax evasion. I am simply stating that what another poster posted was not true.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 2:39:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
awww sheeeet. look at what i done started.

brought out all the haterz, i did.

i'm surprised GD hates MLMs so much. their owners are usually good upstanding republicans that donate to republican candidates. that's one of the reasons they haven't been banned yet.

did GD's heads explode?
View Quote

Getting triple teamed
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
MLM is a great litmus test.  It makes the morons easier to spot.
View Quote

Funny.

But true.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Where do I sign up for the 22LR and 7.62x39 pyramid scheme?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 2:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

i'm surprised GD hates MLMs so much. their owners are usually good upstanding republicans that donate to republican candidates. that's one of the reasons they haven't been banned yet.

did GD's heads explode?
View Quote

You didn't start this.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
How do you make money giving free classes in a park?

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Apparently our definitions vary of what an additive/supplement to ones meal intake is. What I listed is what many also consider a SUPPLEMENT. Not about to get in a debate over all of this "crap" you think you have so much knowledge regarding it's usefulness.

And yet people still buy supplements because it's easier to get to their ideal intake balance. Sorry, a lot of people don't have time or want to cut up fish, chug a caffeinated drinks before a work out, or eat enough protein enriched food everyday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
pan style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]
Supplements and vitamins don't work.

That's a pretty bold statement to make.

Facts is facts. Aside from creatine and shady unhealthy stuff that really should be considered drugs and not "herbs", none of that crap is proven to do shit.

So glutamine, fish oil, protein shakes, pre workout drinks (energy drinks), and meal replacement shakes, do nothing?  .

Ok so you don't know how these things work then?  Most here already knew that.

More evidence that there is little to no evidence on the product, rather than recruiting.   Sorry , I meant "leading them to the path of ultimate life fulfillment"
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 3:18:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Herbalife was responsible for one of the more uncomfortable evenings of my life...

As a brand new E-2 in the Army, my squad leader asked if I was interested in a "entrepreneurship seminar".  Sure I thought, why not?  I might beat hanging out in the barracks on a Tuesday night.

He drove me to a rented hotel conference room 2 towns over from Ft Riley.  I'd never heard of Herbalife, but I already had alarm bells going off in the back of my head.  The presenter started his spiel, then asked everyone who was not a distributor to raise their hand so I did.  I've never had so many people try to get buddy buddy with me in my life!  Everybody seemed so desperate.  My squad leader said if I signed up with anybody, it would be with him and his wife since they brought me.  At this point I wanted out except I was trapped.  Finally, I told him there was no fucking way I would sign up for this shit, it looked and smelled like a pyramid scheme to me, and we needed to leave right now, otherwise I was catching a taxi and would be talking to the platoon sergeant in the morning.  I figured junior enlisted and NCO decorum no longer applied at this point.  We left and it didn't come up again for a year.  He told me later that he lost a shitload of money in the deal - duh.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I dont know about thier marketing side but they bought a plant near me and put $120mil into upfitting it.  I turned down a job offer from them after jumping through tons of hoops.  I believe they will be making mostly teas and shakes at this plant, So they are obviously selling some products.  If your dumb enough to get involved in the sales side of a mlm scheme then I have little pity for you.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 5:34:13 PM EDT
[#11]
What about arbonne?  My ex wife got the car but lost her car bonus due to lack of sales about 6 months later.  Guess who ended up paying for it and doing maintenance to it.  That's right me on a Mercedes e 350. Fuck all the rah rah shit and fuck arbonne
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I dont know about thier marketing side but they bought a plant near me and put $120mil into upfitting it.  I turned down a job offer from them after jumping through tons of hoops.  I believe they will be making mostly teas and shakes at this plant, So they are obviously selling some products.  If your dumb enough to get involved in the sales side of a mlm scheme then I have little pity for you.
View Quote

They are probably making private label for other companies.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#13]
2 years ago:

Activist investor Bill Ackman, the CEO of Pershing Square Capital Management, gave an epic presentation on his latest short — Herbalife.
Ackman, whose hedge fund has an "enormous" short position, believes the multi-level marketing company that sells weight management and nutritional supplements is a pyramid scheme.  

He also has a price target of $0 and believes the company is going to fail.

The Pershing Square team spent the last year doing research on Herbalife.

It definitely shows because Pershing Square put together an extremely in-depth 342-slide presentation. The presentation was given at a special Sohn Conference event in Midtown Manhattan on Thursday and it lasted for three hours.

The Presentation

After his presentation today, the stock fell $3.64, or 9.75%, to close at $33.70 a share.

What's more is Ackman pledged that 100% of the personal profits he makes from this short will go to charity.

"I don't want to make any money from this, 100% will go to the Pershing Square Foundation."

We've included Ackman's tremendous presentation in the slides that follow. (Note: The video clips do not play in this presentation)

The PDF version of Ackman's presentation can be found here >http://factsaboutherbalife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Who-wants-to-be-a-Millionaire.pdf
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
How do you make money giving free classes in a park?

View Quote

My wife works out in the park already, she puts up a sign and if people want to work out with her, she helps keep track of their progress and motivated. Some eventually get interested in the pre-workout and protein shakes my wife takes which sometimes leads to a sale. Is it really that hard for your mind to figure out? The difference between her and some pimply faced kid that works at GNC is that she actually knows her products and sells what she uses herself. Basically my wife spends 2-4 hours a week which now nets our family an extra 600-1000 a month (has been more in the past when she spent more time with it). And yet some of you idiots think we're the fools? Simply amazing
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

More evidence that there is little to no evidence on the product, rather than recruiting.   Sorry , I meant "leading them to the path of ultimate life fulfillment"
View Quote

How what works? How our family can make some extra money on the side with very little effort? Funny how you sit behind a computer belittling someones family, while in reality you probably don't have the drive or intelligence to figure out how one can still make money off a pyramid type setup without recruiting. Do you fools realize you don't have to buy anything up front to sell? You act like Herbalife makes you buy product before you can sell anything.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You didn't start this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

did GD's heads explode?

You didn't start this.

Your right, the arrogant, lazy neckbeards did
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Mike I hope your wife has continued success .  Please check-in one year from now

Interested in hearing out outlook on this then
View Quote

Well it's been two years so far, how is my outlook suppose to be that we have extra cash flow?
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:25:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Will it's been two years so far, how is my outlook suppose to be that we have extra cash flow?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mike I hope your wife has continued success .  Please check-in one year from now

Will it's been two years so far, how is my outlook suppose to be that we have extra cash flow?

I suppose I expect you to sound more like you hold seminars for distributors.  Because you are doing a bang-up job speaking their language now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:26:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

How what works? How our family can make some extra money on the side with very little effort? Funny how you sit behind a computer belittling someones family, while in reality you probably don't have the drive or intelligence to figure out how one can still make money off a pyramid type setup without recruiting. Do you fools realize you don't have to buy anything up front to sell? You act like Herbalife makes you buy product before you can sell anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. I never said they make you buy the products.

The twist your arm to attend paid seminars, buy instructional / self help media, and books / marketing materials.

All aimed at selling the "dream" little on the product.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:27:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Someone explain how protein shakes are bullshit. You're a moron to put them on the same plane as some of the snake oil associated with supplements and vitamins.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I suppose I expect you to sound more like you hold seminars for distributors.  Because you are doing a bang-up job speaking their language now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

okay
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

okay
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

okay

yeah thought so.

Your efforts to defend the system here are very telling.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:30:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Someone explain how protein shakes are bullshit. You're a moron to put them on the same plane as some of the snake oil associated with supplements and vitamins.
View Quote

Don't you want to work from home, have not boss, and have all the cars and boats you ever wanted?

Your dreams are within your reach!
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The twist your arm to attend paid seminars, buy instructional / self help media, and books / marketing materials.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course they do, just like any other business they aim to increase profit. All I'm trying to get at is if you're smart about it, you can still make good money on the side without using people or pumping money into their seminars and marketing ploys. Although yes, there are many people out there that waste time and money on the system. But then again, who are any of you or I to judge how they spend their money. Atleast they're not sitting around sucking on the government's teet.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

yeah thought so.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

okay

yeah thought so.

It only started when people started the name calling.  All I'm being is honest with you guys, not sure why you all keep arguing with me. You act like I don't know what the true intention of Herbalist's marketing ploy is. The point I keep trying to make is that you can still use it to your advantage as has been shown by my wife good grief....
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:40:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Of course they do, just like any other business they aim to increase profit. All I'm trying to get at is if you're smart about it, you can still make good money on the side without using people or pumping money into their seminars and marketing ploys. Although yes, there are many people out there that waste time and money on the system. But then again, who are any of you or I to judge how they spend their money. Atleast they're not sitting around sucking on the government's teet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems I'm getting through one wall at least.

Agree that at least they are not on Gov teat.   But that is debatable depending on how much income is actually shown on tax returns.

I maintain that MLM does nothing for the overall economy.  It is a closed system that only supports itself.

And statistically, most everyone who enters an MLM scheme, flops.  If you are an exception, bravo.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It only started when people started the name calling. Telling of what exactly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

okay

yeah thought so.

It only started when people started the name calling. Telling of what exactly?

It was a generalized insult.  You took it personally.  Which I don't blame you for.

Telling in the sense that you are more involved than you let on to be.  But it doesn't really matter.  Except, why would one not be clear about their involvement?
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:46:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not correct, Mark Reynolds Hughes (January 1, 1956 – May 21, 2000) was an American businessman who was the founder, chairman and CEO of Herbalife International, he died at the age of 44.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy who started it used to live two doors down from my parents..

One morning when I was in middle school I wake up to a huge commotion and look out my bedroom window to see my street blocked off and about 100 FBI agents raiding the house.

They filled 2 semi trailers with art work and sculptures and stuff.. Took all day.

Tax evasion.. To the tune of $54 million.. He cut them a check later that week and they returned most all his stuff..

Later that year he went on to build a giant house a few miles away and still lives there as far as I know.

Not correct, Mark Reynolds Hughes (January 1, 1956 – May 21, 2000) was an American businessman who was the founder, chairman and CEO of Herbalife International, he died at the age of 44.

Maybe they should have renamed it Herbaldeath then...   Probably wouldn't do much for sales though.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
How the hell is she using anybody? SHE IS SELLING A PRODUCT THAT THEY WOULD OTHERWISE BE BUYING FROM A STORE. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT SHE HAS KNOWLEDGE REGARDING THE SUBJECT (is a nurse) AND CAN HELP THEM ON THE WAY IF THEY TRULY WANT TO CHANGE. Am I clear now? Getting tired of repeating myself. (sorry for the yelling, isn't necessarily directed towards you).

Most of the money she makes is not from having people selling product underneath her. Is due to her motivation and providing guidence and free workout classes every Monday in the park for anyone who is taking or thinking of taking Herbalife.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got sucked into making good money on the side? And the problem with this is? As I've already said, she's has a full time job as an RN and still has time to make enough money to pay for our power, water, cable, phone, and car insurance through Herbalife. We save money on vitamins and supplements and I get to look at a my wife's amazing body every day. Again, I fail to see the problem. Please explain as I've asked you before

How many newbies do you have under you? You're pitching. Don't pitch to a marketer, it's like trying to sell ice to an Eskimo.

Apparently you have a problem reading. I do not sell Herbalife, my wife does. All I do is sit back and enjoy the benefits. How am I pitching, I'm telling you exactly what I get out of it. Are you really that dense? Does Herbalife sell miracle products? Of course not. But what they sell is no different then what you find in any GNC store or pharmacy health improvement aisle. The only reason I've commented in this thread is because of some of the stupid comments several of you have made. Hit a nerve considering my wife is involved with the "scheme" and does well. Anyone can get the same results that my wife does if they're dedicated. The problem is that a good portion of the population that says they want to improve their health are lazy and expect immediate results without putting in the effort.
Not bashing you and your wife, but I can't imagine how much money it would take to get me to have to USE my friends to make said money. They are my friends and acquaintances, not tools I would use to enrich myself.  

How the hell is she using anybody? SHE IS SELLING A PRODUCT THAT THEY WOULD OTHERWISE BE BUYING FROM A STORE. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT SHE HAS KNOWLEDGE REGARDING THE SUBJECT (is a nurse) AND CAN HELP THEM ON THE WAY IF THEY TRULY WANT TO CHANGE. Am I clear now? Getting tired of repeating myself. (sorry for the yelling, isn't necessarily directed towards you).

Most of the money she makes is not from having people selling product underneath her. Is due to her motivation and providing guidence and free workout classes every Monday in the park for anyone who is taking or thinking of taking Herbalife.

Sry, I based that on our friends that have pitched AMWAY to us over the years. Including a couple who befriended us at a party just to make the pitch, wouldn't take no for an answer  with out me being a dick, then never spoke to us again. Lots of bad AMWAY experiences in this part of the country, lots.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:52:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Don't you want to work from home, have not boss, and have all the cars and boats you ever wanted?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want to make $5000 next month working part time at home
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bend over and play angry birds while I do my thing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 6:57:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:Will it's been two years so far, how is my outlook suppose to be that we have extra cash flow?

Quoted:I suppose I expect you to sound more like you hold seminars for distributors.  Because you are doing a bang-up job speaking their language now.

Quoted:Your efforts to defend the system here are very telling.

Quoted:It was a generalized insult.  You took it personally.  Which I don't blame you for.

Telling in the sense that you are more involved than you let on to be.  But it doesn't really matter.  Except, why would one not be clear about their involvement?

Trust me, between my job, side business (about to get out of), and rental properties I don't care to get very involved with Herbalife. As you said, I did take it a bit too personnel regarding some of the remarks and away we went lol. Didn't help that when I opened up this thread my wife had 3 laddies in our house, discussing the product, and ended up closing with a good sale. All I can say is that I'm proud to see this side of her and glad to see her find something she really enjoys (working at the hospital takes alot out of her.) She takes pride in seeing the changes that alot of her customers make through the products and the exercise routines she creates and performs with them. Has monthly weigh ins and measurements for those who are serious about it.

Good lord I'm getting tired of deleting quotes due to exceeding the 5 quote blocks per post haha
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 7:00:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]Will it's been two years so far, how is my outlook suppose to be that we have extra cash flow?

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]I suppose I expect you to sound more like you hold seminars for distributors.  Because you are doing a bang-up job speaking their language now.

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]Your efforts to defend the system here are very telling.

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]It was a generalized insult.  You took it personally.  Which I don't blame you for.

Trust me, between my job, side business (about to get out of), and rental properties I don't care to get very involved with Herbalife. As you said, I did take it a bit too personnel regarding some of the remarks and away we went lol. Didn't help that when I opened up this thread my wife had 3 laddies in our house, discussing the product, and ended up closing with a good sale. All I can say is that I'm proud to see this side of her and glad to see her find something she really enjoys (working at the hospital takes alot out of her.) She takes pride in seeing the changes that alot of her customers make through the products and the exercise routines she creates and performs with them. Has monthly weigh ins and measurements for those who are serious about it.

Good lord I'm getting tired of deleting quotes due to exceeding the 5 quote blocks per post haha

Best of luck

I'm out of this topic.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 7:03:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Sry, I based that on our friends that have pitched AMWAY to us over the years. Including a couple who befriended us at a party just to make the pitch, wouldn't take no for an answer  with out me being a dick, then never spoke to us again. Lots of bad AMWAY experiences in this part of the country, lots.  
View Quote

sorry to hear that, some people get way to caught up into these schemes. Especially those who rely on it for their main income. Had an aunt who was like that and ended up spending a few years away from the family after an ugly blow up during a family get together
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Best of luck

I'm out of this topic.

View Quote

Thank you, have a good night sir
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#36]
My brother's wife is a rn and purchased nerium, all the events she goes to all tell them to guilt trip her family and friends and they try to get the husband to work as a team.    

They advise her to open the sale and him to throw in a few quotes like "takes skin care to the next level".  

It was sad to watch.  She lost so many friends and her and my family avoid her like crazy.

Quoted:

Your wife got sucked into this, am I right?

ETA: I WAS! ...and with you repeating their salescult lines, too!

Was that in in the initial "run down to the front and sign up" pitch seminar with "winning" music, or in the manual?

I am IN marketing. You've been sold GOOD, just gotta tell you that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what? They both sell supplements that can help add to a healthy lifestyle. Of course recruiting people under you can make you more money, but you can still make a good profit selling it on your own without going that route. Interesting to see how so many of you seem to know so much about business. Is it a pyramid scheme? In a sense yes. Why is that a problem? If you want to do it and make some money, good for you. If not, that's great. I fail to see the problem

Your wife got sucked into this, am I right?

ETA: I WAS! ...and with you repeating their salescult lines, too!

Let's see, she's a registered nurse who decided to take fitness to the next level.

Was that in in the initial "run down to the front and sign up" pitch seminar with "winning" music, or in the manual?

I am IN marketing. You've been sold GOOD, just gotta tell you that.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Social Security is the only Ponzi scheme the US government is going to allow to do business.  
View Quote

I was going to post "So when the fuck are they going to investigate the Social Security Administration?"
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Had a pretty blond chat me up at work once (electronics retail), talking about how she had a good job that I would be perfect for.  Wanted to meet at starbucks the next day to discuss.  I was figuring it was either her hitting on me or a real job offer.    

Got there and her and her senior coworker were waiting.

F'in Amway.  I sat there finished my coffee, laughed at them an said no thanks.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top