Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/8/2002 1:27:04 PM EDT
In an italian firearms forum somebody told that it is not true that Colt is no more producing Ar15 Sporters. For what I know, Colt cannot sell to the civilian market rifles named AR15 because they are considered "pre-ban". The only rifles Colt can sell to civilian are MT, MT competition and Accurate Rifles. Anyway... is this correct or I am wrong? And if I am wrong why it is impossible to find brand new Sporters?
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 1:29:17 PM EDT
You're correct. Colt no longer sells any rifles marked AR15. They also no longer sell any rifles marked Sporter. The new rifles are Match Targets. Go figure...
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 11:56:44 PM EDT
Thanks. Unluckily I am right... *SIGH & SOB* [>(]
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 11:59:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/8/2002 11:59:20 PM EDT by SeaDweller]
Do they sell the Beretta 92 Elite II in Italy? If they do is it manufactured there? The only ones they sell here are manufactured in USA and I was looking for an Italian one. But there probably aren't any.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 2:17:04 AM EDT
I think the Elite fashion is something typical of the Americans. Anyway, in very recent times, Beretta started to commercialize also a 98 Elite (we don't have 92... THAT'S MILITARY!!!) but I don't know if it is Elite or Elite II. Here is called simply "Elite".
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:00:12 AM EDT
Colt still makes "AR-15" marked rifles for LEO and export sales. I believe I've heard our Canadian brothers say they can buy true "AR-15" marked Colt ARs up there. Seems like I've also heard Kuiper say that his country's laws make it difficult or impossible to import new Colt AR-15s. So it probably depends on Italy's law on whether or not you can get a new "AR-15" marked Colt. If you can, I'm sure there must be an impoter who wouold be happy to get one for you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 4:44:37 AM EDT
In Italy the AR are "catalogued" in a govt. list of allowed guns. The problem is that Colt refuse to send them to Italy, this is what the importer told me (De Marchi) by telephone. I cannot contact directly Colt by e-mail because they refuse to put an email for their customer and I cannot waste my money to call USA...
Top Top