User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 4:51:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Business, how does it work ?

Most people have a preference of Coke over Pepsi or vise versa. So why not give the customer a choice of both instead of making them settle for something they don't want?

You think big business is about giving the customer what they want?

When you're as big as Coca-Cola, you tell the customer what he will get.

Link Posted: 10/18/2012 4:53:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe because the bottlers have you sign an exclusive contract.

That would be why.  

I'm in the business and that is why. The other reason is that most people by far prefer Coke products.

Link Posted: 10/18/2012 4:53:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe because it doesn't matter which brand you get because they taste the same?

Link Posted: 10/18/2012 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Nobody goes to a restaurant for their soda options, nobody. For that reason, having a single alternative of Coke or Pepsi products is more than enough drink options.

Carrying more types of drinks is expensive. Not only do you have to store the extra product, but you have to have more equipment to serve it. Not to mention lost productivity due to waitresses asking "Coke or Pepsi?" when someone orders a cola, or the extra order that has to be made to keep inventory up.

In short, it is a large cost for something that won't earn extra revenue.

Can't agree with that. People come to mine just because I have coke. But the college is a pepsi school, so on campus they can't sell coke products.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I try not to eat at restaurants that serve coke products. I prefer Pepsi products

Are you some sort of communist or something?
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 8:28:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I try not to eat at restaurants that serve coke products. I prefer Pepsi products

Commie.

Exactly!
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most people have a preference of Coke over Pepsi or vise versa. So why not give the customer a choice of both instead of making them settle for something they don't want?

Really?  How'd that "New Coke" work out?
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I've been to restaurants that serve both... outside the US.

There it is...... We call America the land of the free but we are being held hostage by the soda manufacturers, while other nations enjoy unlimited, unfettered, beverage freedoms.

If you like Pepsi over Coca-Cola then you are free to spend your money at an establishment that serves Pepsi products. You can also choose to spend your money at establishments that serve Coca-Cola products.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#9]
It should be said that soda pop is really bad for you, it's much healthier to drink beer.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Do you have Coke?

Yes.

I will have a Coke.

Orrrr....

Do you have Coke?

We have Pepsi.

I will have a Mountain Dew.

Pepsi sucks ass.

Link Posted: 10/18/2012 8:54:59 AM EDT
[#11]
It's all good, but if I get asked one more time if, when I ask for Dr Pepper, Mr. Pibb is ok...
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 8:55:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Really?  How'd that "New Coke" work out?

Actually, great.  They were seeing pretty flat numbers for a while, so they tried a more "pepsi-like" formula.  While they did end up with egg on their face, they also surged in popularity once they rereleased "classic".  They never did drop back down from that spike completely.

Also, it worked well enough that it's flavor lives on as Diet Coke, which is derived from the New Coke flavor.  Compare that to Coke Zero, the "classic" derived diet soda.

I think if they'd have just swapped formulas without telling anyone or changing the packaging, nobody would've ever noticed.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Contracts, I imagine.

Yep.  The Pepsi people say you can't sell Coke, and the Coke people say you can't sell Pepsi.
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 9:57:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Contracts, I imagine.

Yep.  The Pepsi people say you can't sell Coke, and the Coke people say you can't sell Pepsi.

which is funny because around here dr. pepper is popular enough a exclusive pepsi company Taco Bell for instance
that has all pepsi products will also have dr. pepper lol
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Contracts, I imagine.

which is funny because around here dr. pepper is popular enough a exclusive pepsi company Taco Bell for instance

that has all pepsi products will also have dr. pepper lol
Outside of Texas, Dr. Pepper is usually sold alongside Pepsi with Mr. Pibb being the Coke alternative.

Link Posted: 10/18/2012 11:07:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nobody goes to a restaurant for their soda options, nobody. For that reason, having a single alternative of Coke or Pepsi products is more than enough drink options.

Carrying more types of drinks is expensive. Not only do you have to store the extra product, but you have to have more equipment to serve it. Not to mention lost productivity due to waitresses asking "Coke or Pepsi?" when someone orders a cola, or the extra order that has to be made to keep inventory up.

In short, it is a large cost for something that won't earn extra revenue.

Can't agree with that. People come to mine just because I have coke. But the college is a pepsi school, so on campus they can't sell coke products.

Would you expect to have any noticeable increase in sales if you included Pepsi products at your place?
Link Posted: 10/18/2012 11:26:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa.

Flashbacks to Roberto Goizueta.

Link Posted: 10/18/2012 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#18]
You see that fancy expensive lighted Store sign out front with the Dr. Pepper logo on it too???

Free store sign perks for exclusivity sales.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top