Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 5/26/2002 10:39:53 PM EDT
Does anyone remember the old Sgt. Rock, Haunted Tank, Fightin' Army, etc. comic books? When did these go out of print? I'm thinking in the late 1970s when Star Wars & all that sci-fi BS became popular. I still have my old books although they're severely dog-eared. It's kinda funny that I haven't read one in 35 or so years but if I pick one up I can know the plot after seeing only the first page!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:14:57 AM EDT
I was a big fan of the war comics. Sgt. Rock, Unknown Soldier, Enemy Ace, G.I. Combat, Haunted Tank, Weird War, Fightin' Army, Fightin' Marines, I loved 'em all. I lost interest before they stopped publishing, but IIRC, the last Sgt. Rock was about '84, Unknown Soldier went out a year or so earlier, and G.I. Combat went until the mid-80s, but started including lots of furturistic sci-fi war stories.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 12:17:21 PM EDT
Remember them well!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:44:54 PM EDT
Will send you some picts.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:03:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:54:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/27/2002 10:54:44 PM EDT by BobCole]
Originally Posted By ColonelKlink: STAR TREK ROCKS
View Quote
Yeah, for guys who can't get a date or get laid.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:17:50 PM EDT
Originally Posted By BobCole:
Originally Posted By ColonelKlink: STAR TREK ROCKS
View Quote
Yeah, for guys who can't get a date or get laid.
View Quote
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!Bob THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!!!! BTW,Wasn't "Haunted tank" the one where the tank was "haunted" with the "spirit"of General Lee?I can't remember..
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:19:48 PM EDT
[url]http://users.raketnet.nl/weirdcomics/DC/weirdwartales.htm[/url] If you liked the Weird Tales comics this might help pass a little surf time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:05:04 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MAC-DADDY: ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!Bob THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!!!! BTW,Wasn't "Haunted tank" the one where the tank was "haunted" with the "spirit"of General Lee?I can't remember..
View Quote
Close, it was Gen. Jeb Stuart as it was a Stuart tank. I think it was a M-37 nomenclature. Also there was "Sgt. Nick Fury & his Howlin' Commandos"! I hate that Star Trek/Wars BS!!!
Top Top