Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2002 10:39:53 PM EDT
Does anyone remember the old Sgt. Rock, Haunted Tank, Fightin' Army, etc. comic books?

When did these go out of print? I'm thinking in the late 1970s when Star Wars & all that sci-fi BS became popular.

I still have my old books although they're severely dog-eared. It's kinda funny that I haven't read one in 35 or so years but if I pick one up I can know the plot after seeing only the first page!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 4:14:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I was a big fan of the war comics. Sgt. Rock, Unknown Soldier, Enemy Ace, G.I. Combat, Haunted Tank, Weird War, Fightin' Army, Fightin' Marines, I loved 'em all.

I lost interest before they stopped publishing, but IIRC, the last Sgt. Rock was about '84, Unknown Soldier went out a year or so earlier, and G.I. Combat went until the mid-80s, but started including lots of furturistic sci-fi war stories.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember them well!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Will send you some picts.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 10:54:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
STAR TREK ROCKS
View Quote

Yeah, for guys who can't get a date or get laid.
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
STAR TREK ROCKS
View Quote

Yeah, for guys who can't get a date or get laid.
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!Bob THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!!!!

BTW,Wasn't "Haunted tank" the one where the tank was "haunted" with the "spirit"of General Lee?I can't remember..
Link Posted: 5/27/2002 11:19:48 PM EDT
[#7]
[url]http://users.raketnet.nl/weirdcomics/DC/weirdwartales.htm[/url]  If you liked the Weird Tales comics this might help pass a little surf time.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!Bob THAT'S FUNNY!!!!!!!!

BTW,Wasn't "Haunted tank" the one where the tank was "haunted" with the "spirit"of General Lee?I can't remember..
View Quote

Close, it was Gen. Jeb Stuart as it was a Stuart tank. I think it was a M-37 nomenclature.

Also there was "Sgt. Nick Fury & his Howlin' Commandos"!

I hate that Star Trek/Wars BS!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top