Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 4/23/2002 8:36:05 PM EDT
We like to insert quotes from famous people in our local gun club news letter. Can't remember a site that had quotes. Lost it in my old computer. Thanks for any help VM
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:40:39 PM EDT
I dont know of any sites but get a copy of shotgun news at the book store. They are full of progun quotes from the founding fathers. Steve
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:53:44 PM EDT
Ask, and ye shall receive... [url]www.tuxedo.org/~esr/guns/quotes.html[/url] [url]www.freedomsnest.com/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 8:58:57 PM EDT
Thanks Steve, Have a pile of shotgun news right next to me. One gun site had this section on quotes. Just can't remember the damn thing. VM
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:07:35 PM EDT
Great sites!!!! I will relay the info to the wife(club secetary). VM
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:09:26 PM EDT
Go to: [url]http://cf.heritage.org/almanac/quotations.cfm[/url] Click on "Select Subject" Select "Arms" Leave the rest alone and click on "Submit" Lots of good quotes on other subjects too. Good site to browse.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:13:42 PM EDT
From the Founder's Almanac: Recommended Bill of Rights from the Virginia Ratifying Convention June 27, 1778 Topic: Arms That the people have a right to keep and bear arms; that a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state; that standing armies, in time of peace, are dangerous to liberty, and therefore ought to be avoided, as far as the circumstances and protection of the community will admit; and that, in all cases, the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 9:20:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/23/2002 9:22:07 PM EDT by TrickyVic]
Here's another from Founder's Almanac. Gotta love Patrick Henry: Henry, Patrick speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention June 5, 1778 Topic: Arms O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if, to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people! Your arms, wherewith you could defend yourselves, are gone; and you have no longer an aristocratical, no longer a democratical spirit. [red]Did you ever read of any revolution in a nation, brought about by the punishment of those in power, inflicted by those who had no power at all?[/red]
Top Top