Page / 15
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]

I wonder who wrote that? OP?
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:09:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:09:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Never heard of lwrci unril this topic came up. Interesting.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't Vickers ex delta and full on HSLD badass?  He should tell the whiners to kick rocks.

Except he's trying to peddle goods to "the whiners."  

Hey, it works for H&K.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:11:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In on 2.

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea??

This guy.

BTRT

I think in retrospect, the whole trainwreck was humorous for all involved. Sometimes we all need a sanity check.

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow, thin skinned folks who can dish it out but can't take it.
It was a joke
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Like I said in the first thread, I'll be getting his video's.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:13:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Spongebob does not approve of this thread.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#12]
My spongebob got clogged in my laser printer, Dammit i missed it all.  Call me a L.P.R. and fill me in.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:15:26 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he didn't say something stupid and/or embarrassing, why did they delete the video?  I'd kind of like to see it.

Ask and you will receive.

Damn! Too slow.      beat me to it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Zumbo wrote a better apology...
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't give a shit what he says. My experience with DD has been nothing but positive. I like their stuff and my limited contact with their customer service was very positive.

I can't wait to get my hands on another DD upper.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he didn't say something stupid and/or embarrassing, why did they delete the video?  I'd kind of like to see it.

Wow, from all these threads, I would have thought that he said something offensive.  GD is full of asshatery to the highest degree and anyone who spends any time here knows it.  It's actually what makes this place interesting.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Zumbo needed to apologize. This guy, not so much.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

That's because Zumbo had something to apologize for. Vickers doesn't.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:24:42 PM EDT
[#21]
I used to fix laser printers, still watch Spongebob, and wasn't offended in the first place.

If a guy with my resume pretends to be a weapons expert on the internet then he is indeed an assclown.

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:24:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Are you fucking serious? Larry Victors pays attention to AR15.com?
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well....All I can say is I don't fix laser printers, watch sponge bob or fancy myself as a tacticool expert.  I laughed.  If it strikes  a nerve some people might want to do some soul searching.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:25:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for posting that. Hell I thought his original video was pretty funny, I don't know Larry Vickers but I sure as hell couldn't argue with what he said....IT'S NOT SLANDER IF IT'S TRUE!

Even knowing how thin-skinned the assclowns around here can be I'm still surprised people got their panties in a twist about that of all things.

Fuckin' internet drama queens.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:26:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Pretty damn good statement.
Of course there never should have been a 'controversy' anyway.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:27:11 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

no, but Larry Vicker's does.

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Anyone wanna spend half the night arguing?
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Die Mutter holt das Brot or in other words who GARA

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:28:26 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's late and i'm tired.

He posts here?
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#31]
If memory serves me, Pat Rodgers got sick of this same middle school bullshit that Larry is dealing with now. This is why so many top shelf trainers don't post on this website.
In the end, who loses guys? If one of the worlds best firearms trainers is openly mocked here, and has a harmless joke misinterpreted and blown out of proportion, we deserve the disdain of the shooting community. What respectable instructor is ever going to stick his neck out to educate our sorry asses when this is the thanks he will receive. Open ridicule for no real reason on a site dedicated to shooting directed toward one of the worlds best combative firearms instructors?
I'm pissed about the treatment he received.
I WILL be taking a class from him in the future. As a past customer of DD I will be going out of my way to send them my business.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Outstanding.

Gotta say his comment was just a funny jab, and spot on.  Not for everyone.  But everyone he was talking about.

Glad to see him man up, and not back down.  If you can't take it, suck it.  

Two thumbs up.

Agreed. I find the laser printer repairmen comment really funny. Arfcom has got lots of mileage out of that one and I think most are taking it in the good nature it was intended.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the same thing as I read that letter.  Who else is among us?
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:31:42 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd say that just about covers it.

It's over.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I just watched it for the first time.  Maybe I'm anal due to my precise nature and chosen field, but the phrase "arguing with other as$%&#ns"  implies that ALL parties are in fact on the same level, or are all as$%&#ns, if you will.

I couldn't care less.

Is he fat? The medical term would be obese, oh yes (he's a cookie away from a second chin).  Training videos huh, sorry homes Magpul already................well you know, as I'm sure you watched them.  Would I train with him? Sure, I've trained with all sorts in my lifetime and learned something from all of them (even if it was what doesn't work/not to do).
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Much ado about NOTHING.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:33:05 PM EDT
[#37]
The only thing I remember about Vicky is his shilling for H&K. I just find it quite ironic how he is of the opinion that Arfcom is full of shit yet he needs to explain himself. This shit is too funny.

And let me add that I have an DD upper and really like it I didn't need the man to tell me what is good and what is not.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Much ado about NOTHING.

That's why it's funny.  The initial reaction.  His reaction.  This reaction to his reaction.  It's all a good laugh.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:34:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Man, I would have been pissed having to write any sort of damn explanation about the ad.  It was obvious that it was not meant to ARFCOM in general, but, rather, to the ASSCLOWNS that we do have here who mouth off about stuff they don't know shit about or have no experience in.  For the life of me, I can not understand why some people felt it was a blanket comment.  I mean, shit, if you have been here long enough you should know that we have a lot of idiots that do nothing but stir shit up.  Why the hell do you think that people like Pat Rogers and Dr. Gary Roberts really don't post much here anymore?

Agreed

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm not offended for myself.  It takes a lot to offend me personally.  I am offended that he lumped people I like and respect tremendously (like Old_Painless, Ken_Mays, etc.) into a category that he labeled assclowns.  At no point in the video did he mention or separate out the wonderful and knowledgeable people here, he just tarred everyone as printer-repairing, Spongebob watching assclowns.  If he wants to call me an assclown, fine.  If he wants to call people I like assclowns, I'm going to get a little peeved, whether they care or not.

And that wasn't an apology, that was a "screw all y'all who can't take my jokes."  LAV can keep on climbing that wall.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Zumbo needed to apologize. This guy, not so much.

Then why did he?

Because he is afraid of the "assclowns" and they got under his skin?

From reading the apology it seems some of the "assclowns" got his dander up by mentioning his weight.

He goes on about how people are thin-skinned, guess he should thicken his up a bit too...

maybe then he could share his expertise on the website instead of giving out general insults on youtube.

TO use his own words, maybe he should "man up" and give the non-apology in person instead of having it distributed second-hand.

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:38:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Good response, and nothing like Zumbo.

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:39:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm not offended for myself.  It takes a lot to offend me personally.  I am offended that he lumped people I like and respect tremendously (like Old_Painless, Ken_Mays, etc.) into a category that he labeled assclowns.  At no point in the video did he mention or separate out the wonderful and knowledgeable people here, he just tarred everyone as printer-repairing, Spongebob watching assclowns.  If he wants to call me an assclown, fine.  If he wants to call people I like assclowns, I'm going to get a little peeved, whether they care or not.

And that wasn't an apology, that was a "screw all y'all who can't take my jokes."  LAV can keep on climbing that wall.

You have to admit, the "apology" was funny.....................

LAV- arfcom sucks

Arfcom- you suck and we won't buy DD until we get an apology

LAV-  Alright, I'm sorry you suck...............crybabies
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:40:35 PM EDT
[#44]
He should have just let it be.  Yes Larry you did just compare yourself to Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#45]
IN.

I still think the first minute of the original video is incredibly funny.

"Hey Holmes"

"I got something to tell you.  Stop what you're doin'." *pregnant pause, staring into the camera*

"The El Ay Vee"

Now let's rehash what/why Vickers said what he did after giving a very modest version of his CV:

I bring all this up for you to differentiate me from the guy that repairs laserjet printers during the day, secretly watches Spongebob during the evening, and spends half the night arguing with other assclowns on AR15.com.  I might actually know what I'm talking about.

Whether you get the humor or not, Larry Vickers has absolutely no reason to apologize.  He compared/contrasted himself to tose who spout of with _An opinion based on very limited/zero experience.  I most likely fall into that category of "assclowns", and even I find his commentary funny.

I had absolutely no reason to want to buy a DD product before seeing the video, but I do now.

Larry Vickers was on my short list of instructors to seek additional training from, and he's still on that list.  In fact, he's probably moved up a few notches based simply on his ability to poke fun at himself and others with good natured humor.

It's obvious that some folks didn't get the joke.  Too bad.  I'm pretty sure that VTac will still be in business selling classes to guys who go into harms way and Walter Mitty types like me, and DD will still be selling rails to the same long into the future despite your lack of comprehention.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

This whole thing is fucking pathetic. Some people are butthurt because in their hearts, they know they like spongebob. Some people are mad that their idol, Larry Vickers got called fat and others are just instigators.

ARFCOM: More drama than an 8th grade girls P.E. class.

Perfect summary of recent events.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:41:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, from all these threads, I would have thought that he said something offensive.  GD is full of asshatery to the highest degree and anyone who spends any time here knows it.  It's actually what makes this place interesting.  

No mention was made of GD in the video.

Well duh....It was implied.  Where do you think the laser printer fixers and the sponge bob watchers hang out.

Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If memory serves me, Pat Rodgers got sick of this same middle school bullshit that Larry is dealing with now. This is why so many top shelf trainers don't post on this website.
In the end, who loses guys? If one of the worlds best firearms trainers is openly mocked here, and has a harmless joke misinterpreted and blown out of proportion, we deserve the disdain of the shooting community. What respectable instructor is ever going to stick his neck out to educate our sorry asses when this is the thanks he will receive. Open ridicule for no real reason on a site dedicated to shooting directed toward one of the worlds best combative firearms instructors?
I'm pissed about the treatment he received.
I WILL be taking a class from him in the future. As a past customer of DD I will be going out of my way to send them my business.

Who the hell takes anything posted on GD as serious in the first place? Anyone who takes serious offense to anything here or gets offended by people being offended on here needs to get off my interwebs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:44:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Hahahaha,

Not sure what's sadder, that people got offended by that or that other ass kissers actually refer to him as "The LAV"...hahaha.
Link Posted: 10/12/2010 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Respect for Vickers for spec ops.
As a spokesperson for a company paying him, it showed very piss poor form on DD and Vickers.   Fuck them both.

A day late and a dollar short, will it cost both of them some money?  Most likely but I still will never buy DD and esp. Vickers tagged shit.

Not butthurt or sandy mangina, but I will not support a company that slings shit like either of them.  I found it more in poor taste (joke or not) being sanctioned by DD for Vickers to stroke his ego while being an asshole.

Who am I, nothing but a Veteran... Not as high speed low drag drama queen as Vickers. I repair cellphones and fucking laser printers. Not all of us want or desire to make a living being high speed, tactical tier 1 gun guru., spouting off in third person like a washed up NFL or high school quarterback about their past and glory days.
At this point I could give a flying fuck about how cool and suave Vickers is supposed to be it was just poor form and disrespectful to those here, consumers and vendors.  
Even more poor form on DD, guess Vickers in all his high speed low glide epeen BS didn't advise DD to not shit where they eat.
OHH the LAV in his backhanded shit sorry lame half assed fuck you letter is going to be at SHOT and invites you to talk to him about it... internet tough guy like response.  Face it Larry and the internets are not a good fit.
But again who am but a tech geek, cartoon watching assclown, a consumer of products, a Veteran and most importantly free willed in how and where I spend and support these companies on this board.

BTW I hate spongebob but love other cartoons... Hell I remember watching a ton of Beavis and Butthead in the barracks with bunches of my fellow service members.

Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top