Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/26/2010 12:12:15 AM EDT
http://www.bootcampaign.com/welcome.html

First time I have heard of this after seeing a segment on Beck. I'm sure there are Arfcommers out here willing to "put your boots on"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr4h6BcsunI
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Do the girls come with the boots too?
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 12:37:30 AM EDT
[#2]
tag. interested.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 12:48:54 AM EDT
[#3]
they need more info on the boots.  I just bought new boots so for 129 bucks it's a no go. Id rather contribute directly to a charity. not a bad idea though.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#4]
i hate seeing assholes with xxl shirts on and baggy jeans, then instead of timberlands i see fucking bates.  yeah yeah people can dress how they want but if youre gonna wear military boots, wear them proudly and dont look like a dbag.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 1:24:11 AM EDT
[#5]
can we get a range report on the quality of these boots? when the shtf and its FO time are these boots going to hold together?

im pretty sure the government got to Glenn and now he is trying to help them make sure that we are ill prepared and have poor quality gear so that when SHTF we wont make it.... Damn you Comrade Beck, damn you

but anyhoot, they look like nice boots and I think i might have to buy a pair... always good to donate to a good cause, and doesn't hurt to get something in return.

Link Posted: 7/26/2010 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#7]
+1

interested to know in the quality and if these are equivalent to the breathable summer mil type boots, a generic maker, etc.   They appear to be uninsulated and of decent stitching from the photos; but I'd like to know who makes `em.  

Maybe that takes away from the "charity" portion - but if I knew the boots were junk then maybe I'd go ahead and donate the $45 only and save myself a crappy pair of boots.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 5:25:50 AM EDT
[#9]
In before the Beck haters.
Link Posted: 7/26/2010 5:31:31 AM EDT
[#10]
taggage
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:29:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

In before the Beck haters.

This was just mentioned on Beck... that's all.  And beck is a supporter.  As is uncle ted...Marcus Lutrell.. and many more.

And this is a bump for a great cause.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:33:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Watching the Rangers play last week. . .they had a couple of the gals talking about this project.  Pretty doggone cool.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:41:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
i hate seeing assholes with xxl shirts on and baggy jeans, then instead of timberlands i see fucking bates.  yeah yeah people can dress how they want but if youre gonna wear military boots, wear them proudly and dont look like a dbag.

Seriously?  I hope you're not talking about Marcus Luttrell.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:56:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Tag for awesomeness
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 4:58:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Tag for more boot info.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Bates are Military boots?

Why does the Bodecker boot truck that comes around to my facility once every 6 months stock them for sale to my civilian workers then?

Bates are all I wear on the scrap yard.
Link Posted: 7/27/2010 5:33:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I have worn a pair of my father's Corcorans every single day for the past four years.

I approve this message.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:06:14 AM EDT
[#20]
I wear my desert boots to work 2-3 times a week....then again that pair lasted 18+ months in the bad place when i was younger...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:24:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

As promised...here is the information on the boots:

Thank you so much for your interest in purchasing our boots to support our troops! I have included some detailed information about our "Boot Campaign" boots, and I hope this answers any questions you may have.

EXTRA INFO. ON OUR BOOTS:

These boots are not waterproof..

Christina DeLaTorre

www.bootcampaign.com

I hope that settles things for those of you sitting on the fence.....It's a great program and benefits a great cause.

Joe

Dammit dammit dammit

I need new boots, but I need something waterproof.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:56:16 AM EDT
[#22]
At least they aren't the gay ass green ones we are using in the Air Force.  I believe they are phasing out the desert tan ones in another year or so.  

I have several sets of tan boots, so I am good to go.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:04:56 AM EDT
[#23]
I'll be getting a new pair soon but need waterproof here too, northeast weather.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:14:52 AM EDT
[#24]
This idea was conceived in good spirit.

This idea is tacky in execution.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I'd be satisfied if they just laced them up.  Looks like ass.  Good intention though.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bates are Military boots?

Why does the Bodecker boot truck that comes around to my facility once every 6 months stock them for sale to my civilian workers then?

Bates are all I wear on the scrap yard.

The grounds staff at the University of Alabama are all issued Bates, last I heard. So, obviously we've got a lot of douchebags running loose with military boots.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:14:34 AM EDT
[#28]
I saw these a couple of days ago and went ahead and placed and order.  I'll post a "range report" after I get them.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:30:10 AM EDT
[#29]
I like this campaign, although I think I'd chuckle a little if I saw a guy walking around in public with his jeans tucked into his boots like shown in the pictures.  Since I wouldn't actually be wearing these in combat (or other scenario whereby tucking the pants into the boots would be necessary), I'd just wear my pants OVER the boots - but maybe that's just me.

This kind of reminds me of the 'Livestrong' campaign with the yellow rubber bracelets everyone used to wear (and some still do).  Unfortunately, this is a lot more expensive for most people to jump on and participate in.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
At least they aren't the gay ass green ones we are using in the Air Force.  I believe they are phasing out the desert tan ones in another year or so.  

I have several sets of tan boots, so I am good to go.  

Same Here, I have two pair to last me until I retire next year. Never wear my green ones.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Too pricey for me but a good idea.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:37:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#34]
nevermind.....WTF is that video above?  weird.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#35]
My gortex Bellvilles are comfy as hell.............I must have 3 pairs......
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think your missing the point...
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think your missing the point...

No, I think he understands.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:34:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be satisfied if they just laced them up.  Looks like ass. Good intention though.

http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0810/BOOTgirlsImage2.jpg

http://www.thebluelightlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/pinkposh-porter04-300x465.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mTLDjs2tojg/TFCFfRo7AFI/AAAAAAAAGEo/JyDhL8sq7fo/s1600/combatboots_Girls.jpg

That was my first thought too. Lace the damn things up. They look like a sad sack rag bag with their boots like that. I like the idea of showing support but wear them properly.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:39:56 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd be satisfied if they just laced them up.  Looks like ass. Good intention though.

http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0810/BOOTgirlsImage2.jpg

http://www.thebluelightlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/pinkposh-porter04-300x465.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_mTLDjs2tojg/TFCFfRo7AFI/AAAAAAAAGEo/JyDhL8sq7fo/s1600/combatboots_Girls.jpg

That was my first thought too. Lace the damn things up. They look like a sad sack rag bag with their boots like that. I like the idea of showing support but wear them properly.
or you could just quit nitpicking..

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:40:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Where am I going to find size 17 boots?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:45:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:57:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

There is nothing wrong with the way they are shown

To each his own I suppose.  IMO if you want to honor a particular group of people by choosing to wear their uniform items, you should choose to wear them properly.  If they decided to wear berets like this, I would be equally perturbed.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

they need more info on the boots.  I just bought new boots so for 129 bucks it's a no go. Id rather contribute directly to a charity. not a bad idea though.

I have extra 8.5 boots if you need a pair. They issued me too many.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:50:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:

To each his own I suppose.  IMO if you want to honor a particular group of people by choosing to wear their uniform items, you should choose to wear them properly.  If they decided to wear berets like this, I would be equally perturbed.  

http://www.fbuch.com/images/korda_che.jpg

Sir, You have years of inculcation to attune you to the smallest of threads hanging off uniforms.  

Please don't kill any civilians over unlaced boots.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sir, You have years of inculcation to attune you to the smallest of threads hanging off uniforms.  

Please don't kill any civilians over unlaced boots.

fine

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

If I see someone wearing a beret like that, I immediately assume that they are a commie cock fag hippy libtard dumb shit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

If I see someone wearing a beret like that, I immediately assume that they are a commie cock fag hippy libtard dumb shit.
Tell us how you really feel...............

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly my point too. You said it perfect. Wearing the way it's supposed to be worn is showing respect. Wearing it like that just looks like someone trying to be all hip hop and cool.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:00:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:28:50 PM EDT
[#50]
They don't make my size.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top