User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly my point too. You said it perfect. Wearing the way it's supposed to be worn is showing respect. Wearing it like that just looks like someone trying to be all hip hop and cool.

I didn't get a hip hop, gangbanger, hoodrat or urban goblin refrence out of it at all
Do you geet  all bent out of shape because some of the boots are too big for some of
the models?

It looks like an add campaign it support's the USO and the Lone Survivor Foundation
If you look on the website and see who is endorsing these boots you might figure it
out without jumping to conclusions or putting more into it that is not there

They are trying to show off the boots, nothing more and nothing less
If they had them is Steel Toes I would buy a pair

All I'm doing is stating that I thought it would look better if they laced up the boots. It's my opinion. Nothing more nothing less. I stated originally that I like what they are doing. I think it's great they are supporting the USO and the Lone Survivor Foundation. I'm not trying to demean the people doing it or what they are doing. I just thought it would look better if the boots were laced up. Because of my military service I'm just old school and anal in that way.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:00:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quit sweating the small stuff. Sheesh.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I like this campaign, although I think I'd chuckle a little if I saw a guy walking around in public with his jeans tucked into his boots like shown in the pictures.  Since I wouldn't actually be wearing these in combat (or other scenario whereby tucking the pants into the boots would be necessary), I'd just wear my pants OVER the boots - but maybe that's just me.

This kind of reminds me of the 'Livestrong' campaign with the yellow rubber bracelets everyone used to wear (and some still do).  Unfortunately, this is a lot more expensive for most people to jump on and participate in.

Folks that generally wear them into combat actually leave them over the boot, untucked.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like this campaign, although I think I'd chuckle a little if I saw a guy walking around in public with his jeans tucked into his boots like shown in the pictures.  Since I wouldn't actually be wearing these in combat (or other scenario whereby tucking the pants into the boots would be necessary), I'd just wear my pants OVER the boots - but maybe that's just me.

This kind of reminds me of the 'Livestrong' campaign with the yellow rubber bracelets everyone used to wear (and some still do).  Unfortunately, this is a lot more expensive for most people to jump on and participate in.

Folks that generally wear them into combat actually leave them over the boot, untucked.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They don't make my size.

Same here.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly my point too. You said it perfect. Wearing the way it's supposed to be worn is showing respect. Wearing it like that just looks like someone trying to be all hip hop and cool.

I didn't get a hip hop, gangbanger, hoodrat or urban goblin refrence out of it at all
Do you geet  all bent out of shape because some of the boots are too big for some of
the models?

It looks like an add campaign it support's the USO and the Lone Survivor Foundation
If you look on the website and see who is endorsing these boots you might figure it
out without jumping to conclusions or putting more into it that is not there

They are trying to show off the boots, nothing more and nothing less
If they had them is Steel Toes I would buy a pair

It's Arfcom GD... NO MATTER the thread, there are GUARANTEED to be at least a few sandy manginas to show-up and crap on it. As sure as the sun will set and rise again tomorrow... that will forever happen here. I guess it's just the nature of PMS (pissy-man-syndrome).

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:45:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the exception, not the norm.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:15:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I decided this comment was irrelevant.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Bump....I got my boots today.  They seem well made...they fit just as stated...I think they stated to order a half size small.  I'm not impressed by the laces but I am gonna swap those out with some 550 cord shortly...I'll let you know how they feel once they get a few miles on them.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#10]
tagging for the inevitable shit storm to come from individual joe's CSM's flippin their switch over AR670-1 boot regs.                                                    
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top