Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 42
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 2:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Please look after S this week Edward. We will see you soon my friend.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 3:26:45 AM EDT
[#2]
RIP
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 12:51:56 AM EDT
[#3]
That's terribly sad.

My condolences to GB and Ed Sr. I can't imagine.

Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, rest easy Ed, we have the watch.

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:29:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I have been away for a long time and just found out about this now! I am so sorry! I used to correspond with him about site and ARFCOM store stuff, long ago.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Thought about you all day yesterday Edward. The pain of our loss was more poignant than it has been for a while, but it was a good day nonetheless. It was a good reminder that nothing should ever be taken for granted for we are guaranteed nothing in this life.

We miss you.
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 12:12:59 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been absent from the forum for too long and missed this.

RIP, Edward Avila.

Link Posted: 11/13/2020 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Converted a couple more 1911 shooters to Wilson this week! I know you are smiling Edward.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 6:25:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Radio_Free_ARFCOM] [#9]
Ed's interview.
https://bbsradio.com/podcast/radiofreearfcom-january-25-2010

9mm vs .45

Beans vs. no beans.

Ed decides it all.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 6:48:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn he was my age.... rest easy Soldier....
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 7:15:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Radio_Free_ARFCOM] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wparkinson:
View Quote

Your avvy gives me feelz.

Salute.

Ed you were "The Man". There is no other.
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Just saw this, very sad . My condolences to his family and friends. RIP. Fuck cancer
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 10:55:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZNetEng] [#13]
Originally Posted By Radio_Free_ARFCOM:

Salute.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Salute.

Edward had this way about him. It reminds me of what I have always thought an MVP should be.
That designation should go to a person that makes everyone around them better, inspiring a level of effort and more importantly a level of performance you didn't know you had. Certainly they should be great at what they are doing, but it is what they bring out in others that should count the most.

If you were blessed to know Edward, even a little bit, then you know he was that guy. No accolades, no credit needed, just a quiet man doing what needed to be done.

S had your piece again Edward, but you knew that already. We miss you.

Link Posted: 11/14/2020 1:54:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EdAvilaSr] [#14]
Link Posted: 11/14/2020 3:39:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZNetEng] [#15]
Originally Posted By EdAvilaSr:

Edward was the best and least presumptious man I ever knew. He knew a lot but never made you feel like the least informed in a conversation

His favorite shoes -which I have, thanks to his widow's graciousness- are a testament to his attitude in life where what people think of you is of little to no importance.
They are well worn shoes which were falling apart, and every time he walked, the separation between the upper and lower parts would give the impression the shoes were talking

He was kind, compassionate and always willing to help as many as possible, while taking as little credit as possible. I miss him dearly every day, but I am happy to see he made an impression in so many of us in his relatively short life
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AZNetEng:

Salute.

Edward had this way about him. It reminds me of what I have always thought an MVP should be.
That designation should go to a person that makes everyone around them better, inspiring a level of effort and more importantly a level of performance you didn't know you had. Certainly they should be great at what they are doing, but it is what they bring out in others that should count the most.

If you were blessed to know Edward, even a little bit, then you know he was that guy. No accolades, no credit needed, just a quiet man doing what needed to be done.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/430646/20201004_165603-1628135.jpg

Edward was the best and least presumptious man I ever knew. He knew a lot but never made you feel like the least informed in a conversation

His favorite shoes -which I have, thanks to his widow's graciousness- are a testament to his attitude in life where what people think of you is of little to no importance.
They are well worn shoes which were falling apart, and every time he walked, the separation between the upper and lower parts would give the impression the shoes were talking

He was kind, compassionate and always willing to help as many as possible, while taking as little credit as possible. I miss him dearly every day, but I am happy to see he made an impression in so many of us in his relatively short life
There is a saying that goes something like "The measure of a man is not what he does when everyone is watching. It is when there isn't anyone watching at all."

Link Posted: 12/2/2020 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#16]
I am so sorry to the Avila family. My prayers are for you all.

I used to be a regular on the boards, but have been away for a few years battling that demon C-bitch myself (we're still locked horns daily, over 7 years now), but I checked in to shop for merchandise for my son and then came across this post.

Again, very sorry to hear this, and sorry I'm posting late. God be with your family.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#17]
K got me some track time today at Bondurant and I'm going to put some laps on a McLaren 570S today. I'll be thinking of you as I toss it around the course today Edward. Tomorrow is the SAR show and Ill see if I can get through the food court without tearing up.

We miss you.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#18]
when you get to my age it's very sad to see a young man of this caliber pass. I have done nothing to compare to the quality of this fine man. Life is not fair, live while you can.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:22:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Edward was the best -and least presumptious- man I ever knew. He knew a lot but never made you feel like the least informed in a conversation

View All Quotes

Salute.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/430646/20201004_165603-1628135.jpg

Edward was the best -and least presumptious- man I ever knew. He knew a lot but never made you feel like the least informed in a conversation

Been 10 years since I lost my mom, I still talk to her and every once in a while when driving to work I feel her and start crying. They are always with us and will be waiting at the gates.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:43:02 AM EDT
[#21]
@EdAvilaSr and the rest that have been in and out of this thread, I wish you all Happy Holidays and a Merry Christmas. The first holiday season after losing family or close friends can be tough and just want you to know that there are members on AR15 in Idaho that are thinking of you and wishing you the best through it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 10:59:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Such a mix of emotions this morning. I am again reminded of what we lost this year and I am saddened because of the depths of that. It is hard to see people you care about in such pain, knowing you are powerless to address it or provide any meaningful comfort.

We miss you Edward, and I would give much to show up on your doorstep with lunch today.

God Bless.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 11:57:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 12:24:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DooMsDaYRangeR] [#24]
RIP

Cancer can go to hell.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh my word, I had no idea, I've been gone from the forums for so many years. So sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:06:49 PM EDT
[#26]
RIP cousin.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:13:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Hadn't heard either...been mostly away for a long time.

RIP.  Too young and too soon.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#28]
*sigh*
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Dam, I love this place! Thank you for making it for U.S.
You not be forgotten....
prayers out.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#31]
I know he is in a better place but I wish he were still here. I know it is terribly selfish of me, but I cannot help that.

I am making marinara today that I use for Edward's Lasagna. He has been on my mind all morning.

For you brother.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#32]
RIP Edward. I remember our meeting in Texas a few years ago.. it was a pleasure.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:54:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Rest easy, Edward Avila. Thank you for the legacy you left behind and for this community that you built from the ground up. I really appreciate being a part of it. Blessings to your family and friends whom you left behind.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 8:07:59 PM EDT
[#34]
RIP Edward.  I was deeply saddened to read this news.  I haven't been on the site much in the last few years.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 12:59:34 AM EDT
[#35]
I know he is in a better place but I wish he were still here. I know it is terribly selfish of me, but I cannot help that.

I am making marinara today that I use for Edward's Lasagna. He has been on my mind all morning.

For you brother.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/430646/20210129_095633-1801958.jpg
View Quote

Blessed to know you guys carry the good ...

It is ALL in the sauce.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I am sorry to hear this. America has lost a veteran, and a 2A supporter and fighter. May God bless his family.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Going through old emails and deleting stuff just now and found a email exchange between Ed and myself discussing his table at a gun show in 2011.
I was looking for a AR and was wondering what he was selling.

Just wanted to share.
Link Posted: 3/26/2021 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#39]
As the anniversary of Edward's passing approaches, I hope that everyone will have a plate of lasagna in his memory next week.

K and I are thinking of all the Avila's this coming week. Our prayers for Ed and M, Juan and M, Jorge and most of all S.

Sad to say that the last year hasn't lessened the feeling of loss, but in fact underscored the need for men like Edward to help lead us through. I miss him more today than any day since he passed and would give much to see his smile light up the room.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:25:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AZNetEng] [#42]

We miss you Edward.

See Him With Your Heart
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#43]
RIP Edward.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 11:17:49 AM EDT
[#44]
It's going to be another tough day.

We will be going to dinner at his favorite place. Not sure how those memories will affect us but we will see
View Quote

A year later we are still grateful for the gift of the most precious and valuable thing that all of you had to give. Time.

I wish I could explain what those hours that all of you gave to my wife and I have come to mean to us and the value that we place on them.

Death is the ultimate unmasking of a person. Few can actually say that they will die as they have lived. Though a small consolation to be sure, we know that Edward did exactly that. Thoughtful, generous, humourous and modest.

Though many knew Edward better than I got to what I took from the time I got to spend with him was this simple thought.

May we all be blessed to have an Edward in our lives somewhere along the way.

Angels do walk the Earth.

Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Thoughts and prayers out to family and friends of Edward.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 4:15:59 PM EDT
[#48]
To my mind, Ed was blessed to have, as Goatboy just wrote, “live a fuller life”.

When the doors of Arfcom NY were locked forever, he went one way, and I another.  I fumed every time I passed that building. He raved about the new home and freedoms.  I’m glad he had a chance to enjoy those freedoms which I have never tasted.

And Sr, a man of honor and humility who humbles himself in honoring his son.  No boy could ask for more

I was blessed to have interfaced with this family, and remember them fondly.  Godspeed Ed.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#49]
RIP
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 42
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top