[#2]
RIP
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#3]
We are diminished...Semper Fi Pat
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 5:41:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spent_Casing] [#4]
WTF?!

Oh man. This sucks. We are truly diminished. Pat was an asset to shooting. Guys like him cannot be replaced.

RIP Pat.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:17:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: avslash] [#5]

I will say that as a humble civilian, and someone new to tactical shooting, at the time, that training with him was a watershed moment for my shooting progression.

I had been shooting some IDPA and 3 gun matches, but his class was the first formal training I ever received.  Seeing someone with his skill level run a carbine, and beginning to understand just what was possible for someone that knew what they were doing with a carbine was an eye opening experience.  

I spent the first half of the first day just silently hoping that I was not working my way up to being "that guy" in the class.  This was also the first time I had shot with any tactical gear.  He came over after he finished his lunch and said "look, you need to know that you look like a "soup sandwich", and he proceeded to get me squared away from there.  

Years later, and a fair amount of training later, I am still running my stuff as he originally set me up, and I can honestly say, I took more away from his class that changed my shooting technique, than any training I have received since.

FWIW, I was very glad to say that I did not end up being "that guy".

Picture taken by Pat.

Anybody else got any stories, as a small tribute?

ETA:  He did not like the Eotech on there.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Another one of the good ones has left us.  I hope there mentors of such caliber to replace him in training the next generation.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:30:24 PM EDT
[#8]

R.I.P.  Sir.

We are diminished.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:34:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Rest in peace, sir
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Wife dedicated her first I Robot prequel book to him.  We were both looking forward to taking an AK class from him this September.

R.I.P.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#12]
RIP SIR

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:52:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Damn.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Man I wish I could have taken one of his classes.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#16]
I am sorry to hear that
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:10:08 PM EDT
[#17]

In my little world, back when I started getting serious about shooting, I read everything by Pat that I could get my hands on.  He invented and perfected the art as far as I'm concerned.  

Pic from the web, 1964 Vietnam.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#18]
RIP..

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Always loved the tactical fanny pack med kit.

RIP
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:51:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harv24] [#20]
Tribute

A very nice tribute for Pat from his Friend Paul at BCM... Another class act.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Godspeed and Semper Fi
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JBski:

Log out.

and stay logged out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Mediumrarechicken:
Who's that?

Log out.

and stay logged out.
Wind your neck in, not everybody here has shrines to the tactical instructor community and know's everyone and anyone. Nor should we be expected to know these people.

And so with that said it's a harmless question. Now go log off and stay off until you can think rationally when someone asks a completely harmless question instead of having a fit.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#23]

RIP

He was funny as fuck and a great trainer. Awesome guy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:20:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dpmmn] [#24]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Well, hell.

RIP, and what a great run.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:29:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:31:39 PM EDT
[#27]

I was in training today and found out that he had passed. The room was full of police chiefs, EMCs and elected officials. I kinda got choked up a bit and had to leave the room. About a month ago he sent me a friend request on FB. I was so humbled and got so excited that I yelled out to my wife, "I just a got a friend request from Pat Fucking Rogers!!!". To me, it was like being a kid and having one of your heroes ask if he could be your friend.
I am honored to have chatted with him a few times. The shooting community has lost another great soul.

Fair winds and following seas Marine.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:36:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thebomber] [#28]
I knew him well.....been shocked since this AM when I was told. As some said, you knew if he liked you and you knew if he didnt. I was lucky enough to AI a couple of his classes and he invited me to audit a bunch more.

Rest in peace my friend.

ETA my avatar is a picture he took of me shooting his rifle.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:40:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By GSL:
Wind your neck in, not everybody here has shrines to the tactical instructor community and know's everyone and anyone. Nor should we be expected to know these people.

And so with that said it's a harmless question. Now go log off and stay off until you can think rationally when someone asks a completely harmless question instead of having a fit.
View Quote

Sure, but google is like a thing you know. It already exists and it is available to almost everyone.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:50:14 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Who's that?

Log out.

and stay logged out.

Google, heard of it?  Get out of this thread.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Damn. Never attended any of his classes, but from his posts here and his feedback he sounded like a hell of a guy. RIP.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:01:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Sad day but the guy lived real life.

RIP.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Pat was the type of guy that, if he considered you a friend, made you want to work that much harder at being a better person so that you felt worthy of it. In fact, the single greatest thing I'm ashamed of is how I underestimated his reaction to finding out about my transition; I had basically made my peace with the idea that it would mean the end of our association, then when I finally explained what was going on he said he had already figured it out and that I still would always be his friend and welcome in his classes. And I certainly wasn't expecting him to post in my thread like he did.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn just saw this on Facebook.

Fair winds brother
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:20:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Adam-Wayne:
https://youtu.be/uGZSethBCfs

RIP

He was funny as fuck and a great trainer. Awesome guy.
View Quote

My hats off to the Panteo crew, that was a nice tribute...
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By jefflebowski:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jefflebowski:
Who's that?

Log out.

and stay logged out.

It's still a harmless question.

Now I'll leave.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:35:02 PM EDT
[#39]
We truly lost a great American.
One of the BEST in the industry with an unparalleled sense of humor. I am honored to have trained under him.

Wish I could have took one more course.

Rest in Peace, Pat.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:38:08 PM EDT
[#40]

I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, only a few brief conversations online. To those who knew him and are grieving, I am very sorry for your loss of a friend and brother in arms. The term legend is often overused, but he is one who has earned that and more.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#43]
We are losing too many good people
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Terrible news.  RIP.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:51:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dpmmn] [#45]
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#46]
RIP. My only interaction was online, but he was always a pro.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#47]
First ToddG and now Pat.  Fuck 2016.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#48]
RIP, Pat.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:06:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: c350z] [#49]

Took His class in 2008, here is an excerpt from my AAR...

Pat is a no nonsense guy with lots of info to share. He has probably forgotten more about the carbine, tactics and employment of those then I, and many others will ever know. He also is a stand up comic with hours of ethic jokes to entertain and amuse everyone. He has also probably forgotten more jokes then most of us will ever know.

He is very serious about what he is teaching and that it only takes a split second to get lazy and lose situational awareness. He worked hard trying to keep everyone tuned in, safe, and open minded to trying new things.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 10:06:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top