Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 1:48:45 PM EDT
IMDb
Official Site

Plot Summary for The Weather Man (2005)
Dave Spritz is a local weatherman in his home town of Chicago, where his career is going well while his personal life -- his relationship with his perfectionist writer father, his neurotic ex-wife, and his now-separated children -- is spiraling downward. Despite being both loathed and loved by the local masses, Dave is a guy who doesn't seem to have it all together, and in this film, he begins to feel it. An attractive job offer presents Dave with a major question: to pursue his career in New York City, or to remain at home with his family.

Thought it was going to be a lot funnier. Kind of like About Schmidt with Jack Nicholson. It was slow, kind of dreary, with some pretty funny parts scattered about here and there.

Michael Caine's character was kind of weird, but by the end you kind of appreciate it.
Cage... probably not his best role ever but I would say he did what he could with what he had.

I'm glad I didn't see it in the movies... I don't even think I remember it being IN the movies.
Since the funnier parts would more than likely be censored, rental is the way to go.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Too focues on Nic to notice this?
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:20:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I searched for weatherman... not weather man... my bad.

My review is better though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
So glad this wasnt about those asshole terrrorists from  the 60's and 70;s.

So glad I wasnt an adult back then.  How did you all who were stand it?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 7:52:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I loved the movie.  I nearly pissed myself a couple times.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:27:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I loved the movie.  I nearly pissed myself a couple times.

"Fine! I'll just stay here with camel toe!"

There were definitely a few funny lines but I didn't think they were enough to keep this movie above water...
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked when he kept getting pelted with fast food, and his fathers reaction to it.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#7]
TOTAL CRAP... depressing too. A real feel-bad movie with no redeeming features. A waste of the hour I spent watching it (I used the FFWD button a lot).
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#8]
A slow, deliberate, not entirely unfunny character piece that's obviously not for everyone. If nothing else it showcases the city of Chicago really well, particularly the lakefront.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I liked when he kept getting pelted with fast food, and his fathers reaction to it.

The funniest when when his father pulls up int he car and shouts "hey weather man" and Cage flinches like he's about to get pelted.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Decent movie, watched once. Prolly wont watch again. My mom  always wanted me to be a weather man.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 1:53:43 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I searched for weatherman... not weather man... my bad.

My review is better though.

Piss on you.  
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:40:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Piss on you.  

Sorry.... truth hurts, huh?
Top Top