BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wow, nice.  I had to grind out my last bit of gold and sell everything on all my alts to make it over the line.  Leather and hides haven't been selling, maybe I should try some cured hides.
View Quote
Cured hides in general aren't gonna go for much over their regular cost.  It's just the Cured Rugged Hides that are gated by a lengthy cooldown (salt shaker for Refined Deeprock Salt) and required for some end game recipes (currently, the big one is gonna be Devilsaur Leggings which are pre-BiS for fury wars, rogues, hunters, and enh shammies.  Other recipes, like Hide of the Wild, won't come till later phases, and there will be a big demand spike when Naxx comes out as they are required for tier 3).  I'm surprised that my Cured Rugged Hides are selling for so much, their normal price was usually like 20-30 gold spiking up to 40-45 gold during Nax, but I think I was actually the first person on my server to use a salt shaker, and there can't be more than a couple others out there now who are doing it to.  Given a couple weeks I think prices are gonna drop down to 20-25 gold as more LW get up to 250, but at the same time more people are gonna hit 60 and be looking for their pre-BiS.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 12:00:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Wow, nice.  I had to grind out my last bit of gold and sell everything on all my alts to make it over the line.  Leather and hides haven't been selling, maybe I should try some cured hides.
View Quote
Leather has never been good for us until at least heavy.  Medium is better sold at the vendor.  The low level hides aren't that good either.  After 40, gold gets a lot easier.  If you're not really desperate for a mount, you should easily be able to afford one by 45.  Where the real money comes is from the end-game mats.  Rugged hides will sell big.  Get to Un'Goro and farm Devilsaurs.  BIG money on the Devilsaur stuff.  It's pre-raid BiS.

Grinding to 60 now, hit 46 today.  Guild wants MC on Tuesday, that's not gonna happen.  I think they are going to combine with another guild we are friendly with for the first run or two while everyone gets up to the real game.

And... let me tell you about grinding.  I know we had the pvp/pve discussion already.  I hold fast with my decision.  Life offers no safety net, and neither does this.  Holy. Mother. Fucking. Shit.

I had both Horde and Alliance accounts ready to go on Stalagg for day one.  About a week before, I found a guild that was looking for the last hunter spot, and for some reason, I kinda wanted to play hunter again.  Why did I pick the dreg of wow society to play?  I don't know.  Seems our player base is the same.  That doesn't matter, the guild was going Alliance.  Whatever.

Server populations came out.  On the PvP server Stalagg, horde is 66% to alliance's 33%

STVietnam almost broke me.  I almost ended playing right there.  Thousand Needles was bad, but that was nothing compared to.... Zanzil's mixtures and Chucky's god-damn club foot.  I mean, Nessingwary's was expected, but...  One night, I logged out dead, caught up on Preacher, and decided to put on my big-boy pants and not let the game break me.  I'm 99% sure I'm done with that zone until P4.  Combat in Feralas and Tenaris is much better.  We're learning to group and corral by this level.  It's still bad, and you're usually outnumbered, but that really only benifits us (alliance.)

Horde isn't going to hone their pvp skills if they only run around and engage in 3v1 combat.  That's showing now in the higher zones.  I ran with a guild warlock, and we had groups of 4 running every time we got in sight, after rolling over them a couple times.  Am I correct that BGs will also NOT be cross-relmed?  If that's the case, I first played on an alliance heavy realm, and we had horrid wait times for BGs.  Horde had practically instant queues.  By the time I rerolled Horde, cross-relm was in place.  Sitting in Org waiting on BGs sucks.  PvE guilds Horde side will be harder to get into with all the competition.  There are definite benefits to being in the minority.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Server-dependent, of course, but I have always been able to get +50% vendor price on Medium Leather.  That's about 15s/stack, so I'm only making an extra 5s, but it's worth it since I'm not using it for anything else.  I've had no luck selling light leather at that rate though.  Heavy leather is better like y'all say - I sell that in quarter stacks for an even better rate.

I'm level 34 and only have 26g, so I think I'm gonna be short when it's time to mount up.  Gonna have to figure out how to combine a gold grind with Orgrimmar rep grind, and maybe put leveling my Tailoring on hold.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:59:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Made it today.  Gonna cool it on leveling and help some friends catch up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/246871886745567253/622846257462771724/WoWScrnShot_091519_132350.jpg

Made it today.  Gonna cool it on leveling and help some friends catch up.
View Quote
Couple questions on your setup...

What is bound to "T"?  Is that your auto-melee?  I see it's right next to your auto-shot.

I see you're running a macro for melee, that's the raptor/mongoose macro, right?  I don't see wing clip, is that built into the macro?  I know it's low mana, but I hate to spam wing if I'm sticking in for the close-up work.

I don't see couple macros you might consider.  I have wing clip on a mana-stack spam button.  First cast wing clip, then cast wing clip(rank 2), then wing clip(rank 1)  It will always cast the full strength wing clip, unless you are low on mana, then it will cycle down until it finds one it can cast.

I also use a macro for pulling:

/cast Arcane Shot(Rank 1)
/cleartarget

That puts out a 13 damage shot and turns off your auto shot.  One white hit from your pet will flip agro.  VERY handy for pulling mobs and in instances.

I haven't tried to mess with the aspect switching macros yet, no idea what still works and what doesn't.

eta - I'm also considering building a pvp sting macro.  Cast viper then stack cast scorpid.  If I end up targeting a rogue or warrior (or shifted druid) by accident, at least I don't waste time spamming a button that wont go off.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 6:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What is bound to "T"?  Is that your auto-melee?  I see it's right next to your auto-shot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is.  Leftover from my paladin setups.  Your auto-attack would get switched off if you stopped to heal/cleanse, so I have my auto-attack (and now auto-shot) between my player frame and target frame, so it's right up front and apparent if they're on or off.  Pet frame and pet target frame are right beneath.

I see you're running a macro for melee, that's the raptor/mongoose macro, right?  I don't see wing clip, is that built into the macro?  I know it's low mana, but I hate to spam wing if I'm sticking in for the close-up work.
Yes, running the whole stack in one.

I don't see couple macros you might consider.  I have wing clip on a mana-stack spam button.  First cast wing clip, then cast wing clip(rank 2), then wing clip(rank 1)  It will always cast the full strength wing clip, unless you are low on mana, then it will cycle down until it finds one it can cast.

I also use a macro for pulling:

/cast Arcane Shot(Rank 1)
/cleartarget

That puts out a 13 damage shot and turns off your auto shot.  One white hit from your pet will flip agro.  VERY handy for pulling mobs and in instances.

I haven't tried to mess with the aspect switching macros yet, no idea what still works and what doesn't.

eta - I'm also considering building a pvp sting macro.  Cast viper then stack cast scorpid.  If I end up targeting a rogue or warrior (or shifted druid) by accident, at least I don't waste time spamming a button that wont go off.
I'll keep these in mind.  I'm still sorting through the priority I want my abilities to have and what exactly I need, so some things aren't even keybound cause I'm not sure where they should end up getting keybound/how accessible I want their keys to be, and I don't want to build the wrong muscle memory if things are going to change.  Like I always put interrupts (HoJ, Shield Bash, etc) on 6, so while I'm BM I'll have Intimidate on 6.  When I switch to Marksman I'll put Scatter on 6 instead.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 9:12:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm still sorting through the priority I want my abilities to have and what exactly I need, so some things aren't even keybound cause I'm not sure where they should end up getting keybound/how accessible I want their keys to be, and I don't want to build the wrong muscle memory if things are going to change.  Like I always put interrupts (HoJ, Shield Bash, etc) on 6, so while I'm BM I'll have Intimidate on 6.  When I switch to Marksman I'll put Scatter on 6 instead.
View Quote
I do the same thing, but I'm also starting from a point where muscle memory already kicked in since I mained a hunter before.  Plenty of times I found myself instinctively hitting buttons, and pounding out the wrong thing.  It then occurred to me that I was firing up 12+ year old neurons, and remembering my old keybinds. DoTs are pinky up, instant action is pinky left, middle finger up is a non-movement bind, index up is CC, index right is long cast hard hitters.

A lot of people keep movement keys on WASD.  I'm at a loss for why this is a standard bind.  You're missing a lot of key potential under your pinky finger unused.  Way back in Quake3Arena, I learned to move movement to two hands.  Keyboard holds forward, left & right strafing. And the mouse has reverse.  I also moved the keys to the right, and use DFG over ASD.  I now have QWA & D open for binds.  Since Q is a far reach, it's my pull macro, A is for a full rank arcane, S for auto shot (attack not bound,) and W is viper.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Tanked Ragefire Chasm last night with my lvl 19 feral, my first time in years.  Holy fuck, it was rough.  I'm pulling with Moonfire and the DPS is going at it even before I can get back into bear form.  I'm running around trying to Swipe and Growl (Taunt) with no rage.
Link Posted: 9/15/2019 11:23:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tanked Ragefire Chasm last night with my lvl 19 feral, my first time in years.  Holy fuck, it was rough.  I'm pulling with Moonfire and the DPS is going at it even before I can get back into bear form.  I'm running around trying to Swipe and Growl (Taunt) with no rage.
View Quote
Yeah, that goes back to what godzillamax was saying about >60 lvl dungeons.  I've been playing since pre-BC and I don't think I've ever seen 5-man groups give a tank time to build threat, outside of raids.  They just start in and rely on their own threat mitigation abilities, which works most of the time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:01:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
It gets better for a druid tank as you level and get gear (which is true for all tanks). I main-tanked all of Burning Crusade & WotLK instances and raids as a druid. Was an absolute blast, but having experience tanking Vanilla WoW up to BC as a warrior I can say it was a far greater challenge than tanking as a warrior.

I'm finding on my [current] warrior at level 43 in Classic I'm still "tanking" in battle stance with DPS gear and an Arms build (will be 31/5/0 in half a level when I can put that last point into Arms for mortal strike). I'm just hitting Uldaman-level instances and starting to need to toss of tanking gear and tank in Defensive stance since elite mob damage output is increasing to the point I can't sufficiently tank in my DPS gear and battle stance.

And I'm still rage starved a lot of the time (whether soloing or in groups). At my level the amount of rage you get from being hit is next to nothing, and the amount of rage you get from a non-crit is abysmal, so to have sufficient rage you need crits but there isn't any +crit gear at this level and all the chain/plate armor is just +stamina and +strength. Not to mention against mobs of equal level or -1 or -2 levels you miss, get parried or blocked, etc. about 25 percent of the time. So leveling as a warrior is a PITA.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 9:51:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It gets better for a druid tank as you level and get gear (which is true for all tanks). I main-tanked all of Burning Crusade & WotLK instances and raids as a druid. Was an absolute blast,
View Quote
Oh, I know... I started Vanilla a year after launch and was still leveling when the portal to Outlands opened. I pug tanked lots of instances and earned my Dungeon Blues before going to Outlands.  I main tanked through BC (loved Karazhan and the required attunement) and then did kitty DPS in WotLK when it became too OP not to.  I even solo'ed Onyxia. I rage quit during Cataclysm when guild drama got to be too much.

I've avoided guilds so far, but may need to consider it so I don't have to pug.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Spotted on the forums:

Link Posted: 9/16/2019 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'll never be able to figure out why I can't hit the numbers other people can.  I did the exact same thing.  Skinned everything and vendored (even on our AH, med leather isn't going for much more than vendor, heavy is much better.) All my low-level greens, I sent to my bank for DE.  I sadly neglected mining, so I can't get mithril yet.  One point now.  That's what started this, I was picking up quests in Desolace, and kept seeing mithril I couldn't mine.  I knew I would need 5 stacks myself to level engineering.  Then I noticed I was only 3 levels away from getting my mount, and only had 25g. My bank was up to 30 from selling the copper overflow.  Rough stones were vendored, but the market was better today.

I was bitching about gold farming for the mount, and one of my guildies mentioned he was making 20-30g/hr on rock elementals in the badlands just from vendor trash.  I went down for 2 hours, killed mobs on a constant rotation, and hearthed out only to sell 6g worth of trash.  ??!?!!!??111one!!11!??!

Read a guide that mentioned silk farming on the ogres in Alterac.  blah-blah-blah stacks of silk per hour, ogres and syndicate, etc, etc, etc...  2 hours farming there....  2 and a half stacks of silk and a green something of the Gorilla.  Fuck-me-running.

I just live with it.  I'm now at 39 1/3 and just hit 90g between main and my bank.  Tomorrow, the rest of my auctions should put me comfortably over 100g, should be good for mount+lvl 40 training.  That and a quick run through Duskwood to find an iron or gold vein for that last point, and I should be back on track.
View Quote
You're DE'ing all of your greens. That's a shit ton of money while leveling. If I can't equip the quest reqrds I always pick the item that vendors for the most
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 5:12:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You're DE'ing all of your greens. That's a shit ton of money while leveling. If I can't equip the quest reqrds I always pick the item that vendors for the most
View Quote
Same here. There is an add-on that lets you see the vendor price when you hover over the item.
Link Posted: 9/16/2019 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have to agree....not that I might be partially biased or anything (my main was an undead warlock ). Might also be that I just have an affinity towards pet classes in MMORPGs, and the warlocks were cool and unique and different from your typical MMORPG hunter/pet class.

I also enjoyed my warrior and druid, which I tanked with on both (and often respecced my druid to heal when needed). Nice thing about tanking was ease of getting groups for instances. Downside was after a while it started feeling to much like a job because everyone expected you to lead every instance or raid, coordinate every pull, mark targets, and spend time outside the game watching raid guides/videos so you could tell everyone else what to do.
View Quote
And they would rage if you make one mistake. This is why there is still a shortage. I'm in a HUGE guild that is fairly active and I'm one of 4 tanks that actually do guild runs for mythic keys and stuff.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 11:18:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Currently have my priest at 37 with 51 gold. Been vendoring all my leather from skinning except the heavy and the little bit of thick. Those two are worth listing on the AH. Herb sales suck for me unless its Fadeleaf or Goldthorn. I havent looted one single blue BoE. I might have to resort to grinding the fire elementals in Arathi Highlands for elemental fire. I've sold two of those for about 1.15 gold each today and they sold within 10 minutes of listing.

Getting 100 gold by level 40 isn't a walk in the park.
Link Posted: 9/17/2019 11:52:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Currently have my priest at 37 with 51 gold. Been vendoring all my leather from skinning except the heavy and the little bit of thick. Those two are worth listing on the AH. Herb sales suck for me unless its Fadeleaf or Goldthorn. I havent looted one single blue BoE. I might have to resort to grinding the fire elementals in Arathi Highlands for elemental fire. I've sold two of those for about 1.15 gold each today and they sold within 10 minutes of listing.

Getting 100 gold by level 40 isn't a walk in the park.
View Quote
If you're going to grind the elementals in Arathi, keep the charms they drop.  Those are needed for the level 30 warrior quest for the Whirlwind Axe, and they sell pretty well on the AH.  Warriors want to complete the quest at 30 instead of 38-40, since that gives them an OP weapon for the level.  To do that they usually end up buying the charms on the AH, if they can't get a friend to help them with the quest.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:48:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I was amazed how quickly I could make gold with the right items. Went into level 39 with 70 gold. By the time I dinged 40 I had 101 gold. Skinning and herbalism proved to be very profitable selling Blindweed and Thick Leather on AH along with other items. I wonder if I can have the 1,000 gold for epic riding by level 60 lol.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#20]
I was amazed how quickly I could make gold with the right items. Went into level 39 with 70 gold. By the time I dinged 40 I had 101 gold. Skinning and herbalism proved to be very profitable selling Blindweed and Thick Leather on AH along with other items. I wonder if I can have the 1,000 gold for epic riding by level 60 lol.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm quite surprised I've continued to play this long since launch.  I have zero desire to play retail now.

I am taking it slow and easy though.  I have a 32 Protadin and 25 Mage I keep switching between on Pagle.

Still waiting for the server's economy to stabilize.  We have far too many retards who have no idea how to under-cut a competitor and still keep the economy strong.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 2:14:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm quite surprised I've continued to play this long since launch.  I have zero desire to play retail now.

I am taking it slow and easy though.  I have a 32 Protadin and 25 Mage I keep switching between on Pagle.

Still waiting for the server's economy to stabilize.  We have far too many retards who have no idea how to under-cut a competitor and still keep the economy strong.
View Quote
I'm on Incendius and the economy is all over the place.  One day Blindweed was going for 17s each. A day later it's going for about 50s each. I've seen Goldthorn as high as 20s each and as low as 5s each this week.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m seriously thinking about loading up auctioneer to identify deals, mailing all my silver to my bank alt, and just play the auction house for a few days.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 3:31:47 PM EDT
[#24]
no one on Kirtonos?
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 1:03:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/6/2019 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ran BRD tonight for the first time since vanilla.

We had planned to only run for 60-120 minutes because 2/5 had cut off time to log out, but one stayed longer and the other came back after a break - so by picking up a replacement partway through we were able to clear the entire dungeon.
View Quote
Nice - I'm really looking forward to BRD.  Just made 40 and got my mount - slowly picking up some of the skills I skipped over to save gold.  I wish I had moved my priest over to the orc starting zone so I could have picked up a wolf instead of a skellie horse, but oh well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I just fired up a gnomelock on Westfall.
Aaaah, the hours of grinding...
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#28]
I managed to have the necessary gold needed to buy my mount and training when I hit 40. Currently at level 54 and only at 212 gold. Might be putting around on the old 60%er for a while when i finally hit 60.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:59:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Character: Tool
Server: Mankrik
Alliance

My guild is raiding MC/Ony with 2 groups. Raid 1 is clearing fully every week, Raid 2 just started a couple weeks ago and is up to Rag and clearing Ony weekly. We’re always looking for good players, pst in game for more details.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Finally got a bit time to give this a shot.  Had to have them remove my old authencator since I don't have my Ipod any more lol

I'm figuring to go Pagle.  Not sure whether alliance or horde, never really had a preference.  What classes are in demand now that it's been going for a bit? Usually I run a healer or tank but open to something else if it gets me groups easier.Going to assume that there are still plenty of alts to lvl up with.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Finally got a bit time to give this a shot.  Had to have them remove my old authencator since I don't have my Ipod any more lol

I'm figuring to go Pagle.  Not sure whether alliance or horde, never really had a preference.  What classes are in demand now that it's been going for a bit? Usually I run a healer or tank but open to something else if it gets me groups easier.Going to assume that there are still plenty of alts to lvl up with.

Thanks
View Quote
Easiest way to get a group is to be a tank. 2nd easiest is healer. Both are far far easier than trying to go as dps.
I regularly tank and have a buddy that’s a healer, we can fill any group for any run at almost any time of day in minutes. My buddy that’s a dps will sometimes be waiting hours to find a group for what he wants.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:49:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Created on Pagle:

Zethras - human warrior

Currently lvl 1 - watch out kobalds!
Link Posted: 11/27/2019 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Up to 14 now.  Just grinding quests and killing stuff.  Still haven't grouped, figure I'll have to wait til my 20s when I start on Stockade to find groups.  Forgot how tight money was at the beginning, might spend some time focusing on gathering mats to sell.

Most importantly, I'm having a blast
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 2:41:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Alterac Valley is every bit as great as I remember.  Kind of shocked how often Horde has been winning - played 5 games yesterday, Horde won 3.  Both losses occurred when Horde went nearly 100% offense.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/20/2019 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Back when I played very few people played defense in AV. It was a race to the end every time with a few slowing down to cap along the way.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 6:38:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Little over an hour on this game after Horde went heavy on defense - as usual, was an easy walk to a win after we got our big icey boi on the field.
Link Posted: 12/22/2019 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#38]
First time WoW player here, Currently a 53 Warrior. This is definitely a grind lol.
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 11:38:10 AM EDT
[#39]
The guild I was in had some drama, of the two raid groups we had going, mine peeled off into a new guild. We need just a few slots to fill out for MC this Friday.

Alliance side, Mankrik server. Send a PST to Tool in game if you want to try out
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 1:07:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Any suggestions on a good guild for a casual on Pagle? Don't have a lot of time to play but have been having fun knocking out quests with my warrior as well as trying to knock off the rust.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 1:23:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Any suggestions on a good guild for a casual on Pagle? Don't have a lot of time to play but have been having fun knocking out quests with my warrior as well as trying to knock off the rust.
View Quote
Not sure if you found a guild, we are a casual guild on Pagle.  We do mc and ony weekly.  Our guild is Gauntlet, message me at Grayen or Abbalope.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 3:07:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 2:00:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Triumvirate is the guild godzillamax and I ended up in.  We both raid (they have 4-5 raid teams), but there are a lot of casual players too.  There is always at least 20-30 people on so always someone to talk to and possibly group with.
View Quote
Yah I see your priest log on from time to time.  We've run with Triumvirate people in the past, very friendly and good people to play with.  What is Godzillamax's name?  Your priest is on my friends list.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Yah I see your priest log on from time to time.  We've run with Triumvirate people in the past, very friendly and good people to play with.  What is Godzillamax's name?  Your priest is on my friends list.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Triumvirate is the guild godzillamax and I ended up in.  We both raid (they have 4-5 raid teams), but there are a lot of casual players too.  There is always at least 20-30 people on so always someone to talk to and possibly group with.
My Fury warrior is Hatemonger. Also have a mid-level warlock named Decrepit.

I haven't been on much lately due to work, the holidays, and family (mostly long work days lately), and to be honest I'm getting a little bored as the nostalgic veneer of vanilla WoW is starting to thin. I had a blast leveling with D_J and a handful of other people, but now we are all max level and there isn't much to do other than logging in on raid night to raid. BWL is set to drop in a few weeks but honestly I'm not really looking forward to it because it's a "been there done that" thing for me.

Replaying an old MMO is kinda like reading a choose your own adventure book for the 20th time; after you've read each adventure path multiple times the excitement of the adventure and anticipation of what might come next just isn't there anymore. It's why when you play an old MMO you just can't ever seem to get into it like you did the first time around, like something is just missing.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#45]
You're supposed to make alts now.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 10:45:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Might be pretty close to hanging it up for a while. Raiding as a fury warrior has been fun, constantly topping the DPS charts and all, but eventually the lack of drops is discouraging. Been raiding MC and Ony for like 11-12 weeks now and I've received 1 item (Onyxia's head, which I turned in for a nice melee DPS necklace). The game just isn't itemized for off-spec classes and of the few items that are best in slot for off-specs they are very, very rare drops. When you have all the [reasonable to obtain] best in slot pre-raid gear, show up week after week to raids with all the necessary raid consumables, and bring your a-game every week but the end-result is you get to watch everyone else get decked out in full raid gear except you (and the other off-specs) it just gets old. BWL is set to drop in a few weeks and that will probably be the time I bow out. The learning curve and time commitment to be successful as a raid team is much steeper in BWL and the off-spec itemization isn't much better.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 6:55:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Might be pretty close to hanging it up for a while. Raiding as a fury warrior has been fun, constantly topping the DPS charts and all, but eventually the lack of drops is discouraging. Been raiding MC and Ony for like 11-12 weeks now and I've received 1 item (Onyxia's head, which I turned in for a nice melee DPS necklace). The game just isn't itemized for off-spec classes and of the few items that are best in slot for off-specs they are very, very rare drops. When you have all the [reasonable to obtain] best in slot pre-raid gear, show up week after week to raids with all the necessary raid consumables, and bring your a-game every week but the end-result is you get to watch everyone else get decked out in full raid gear except you (and the other off-specs) it just gets old. BWL is set to drop in a few weeks and that will probably be the time I bow out. The learning curve and time commitment to be successful as a raid team is much steeper in BWL and the off-spec itemization isn't much better.
View Quote
This whole paragraph kind of hits hard. I've been raiding as a Fury warrior for a few weeks now losing out on roll's constantly to Rogue's on gear and only being able to roll on the limited items available to me as a DPS instead of OS stuff. We also switched to the DKP system which I think in itself is pretty bad idea because if you blow all your point's on a item you want you then have to spend another 3 week's building it back up before you have enough to even get something. Pretty demotivating man.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#48]
There aren't that many drops in MC for Fury Warriors. Most of the Tier 1 is prot oriented.  DPS warrior is a mixture of leather, mail and plate and there are not that many items for them in MC, ring an belt off Rag being most notable as well as a couple weapons.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:19:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
There aren't that many drops in MC for Fury Warriors. Most of the Tier 1 is prot oriented.  DPS warrior is a mixture of leather, mail and plate and there are not that many items for them in MC, ring an belt off Rag being most notable as well as a couple weapons.
View Quote
Between MC and Ony there are seven out of seventeen BiS items slots that can be filled for a fury warrior. The problem is they are a) rare drops, and b) coveted by every other fury warrior, prot warrior, feral druid, rogue, ret paly (DPS for horde), and hunter so there is huge competition for them.

Wrist
Wristguards of stability (MC)

Waist
Onslaught Girdle (MC)

Ranged Weapon
Striker's Mark (MC)

MH/OH Weapons
Vis'Kag the Bloodletter (Ony)
Deathbringer (Ony)
Brutality BLade (MC)

Neck
Onyxia Tooth Pendant (Ony)

Rings
Quick strike ring (MC)
Band of Accuria (MC)
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#50]
I still play, but on an oceanic server with people that are starting to agitate and irritate me.  I got sick, and i need to do things irl so i got demoted and lost out on gear cause “i’m just not putting in the effort.”  Even while sick i still did raids...  Its starting to feel like a job, im constantly messaged to do this and that like im an infallible human but expected to be a slave or robot.  The amount of mats i contributed was insane and im i didnt get much in return, no thanks, nothing, cept one person gave me something.

Someone coughed on mic for whatever reason and quickly stopped self muted but was still told dont cough on mic in disc..  Always yelling for dispels while i just dispel as fast as possible fuck the global cooldown.  Make a mistake cause im the disc priest so renew and shield get told what to do.  i dont talk anymore given how its only allowable for certain people in “their” clique is allowed and fuck participation in chat cause its better to not do anything but be a good little slave.  Gotta work? Oh minus effort no gear, gotta go to the hospital... the constant belittlemint makes me angry and my hatred builds.  2 hours wiping in BWL then running to Ony come the fuck on.

Sorry for the rant what is arfcoms discord cause atleast im with like minded people.  Casual or hardcore whatever.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top