Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw my cardiologist today, and he agreed to taper me off the beta blocker (over the course of four weeks) , but wants to keep me on the statins.

The plan is to keep me on statins forever, but I hope he will eventually switch me to a different one if the muscle pain persists.
View Quote
Awesome. Glad you got the news you wanted.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I saw my cardiologist today, and he agreed to taper me off the beta blocker (over the course of four weeks) , but wants to keep me on the statins.

The plan is to keep me on statins forever, but I hope he will eventually switch me to a different one if the muscle pain persists.
View Quote
That pain is your body telling you that you need to lift heavy weights.

Well, that's how my body tells me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
@DK-Prof

How are things going?
Link Posted: 9/6/2018 9:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 7:15:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for asking.  

Things are going well.  I’m abuout halfway done tapering off the beta blocker, so I am feeling much better.  I hope to slowly start running again by next week.

Unfortunately, i’ve been really busy with work, so haven’t set aside as much time as I would have liked for working out.  But I am definitely feeling better.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
@DK-Prof

How are things going?
Thanks for asking.  

Things are going well.  I’m abuout halfway done tapering off the beta blocker, so I am feeling much better.  I hope to slowly start running again by next week.

Unfortunately, i’ve been really busy with work, so haven’t set aside as much time as I would have liked for working out.  But I am definitely feeling better.  
I'm glad to hear you're getting better...and still around to "lol"

You don't have tenure? Sad!

You were infantry, just embrace the suck goose Gustav!
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just remember that the suckiest part of getting back into shape is the time when you know that you should start exercising again, but you haven't. It's depressing.

Once you make the commitment and start, it gets progressively easier.
View Quote
Indeed. I was stuck in that phase for years. I've stalled dropping weight for now, but I've still lost a bunch of it and I'm increasing my strength on a weekly basis, so I don't particularly care. Now if I could just lose my GUT...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#8]
it's time for a progress update
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:19:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Running is dumb, grab a heavy bag and hang it up someplace.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top