Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2008 5:43:02 AM EDT
Well, i took the plunge.  Ordered two HX370s radios which arrived yesterday..  Put them on charger right away.  Listened on the way home as i skirted the Port of Tampa.  Lot of transmission lights....but not close enough to hear anything.

Waiting on my cable so i can reprogram the radios.  Thanks AR-JEDI for the link to the thread with the cable info.  Linky .  I promise not to email you directly again.

I talked to my 12 year old and he is going to take the Tech test with me so that we can be legal when using the radio's.  Anything to get him away from video games is great.  My wife thinks i'm nuts, but is actually supportive of this endeavor.

Once i finish the rest of my preps...i plan on making a portable box based on AR-JEDI's .  RACES, but first things first.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:09:35 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I talked to my 12 year old and he is going to take the Tech test with me so that we can be legal when using the radio's.  Anything to get him away from video games is great.  My wife thinks i'm nuts, but is actually supportive of this endeavor.

Good job. My nephew is about the same age and got licensed with his dad. They do ham activities together. Most wives feel the same way (thinking we're nuts) so you're in good company.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget to put the MURS channels in there in case any non-hams need to communicate!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top