Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 2:24:41 PM EDT
I have a crazy week end planned.  My kids both show at the Oregon State Fair Friday and Saturday.  The daughter Friday, the son Saturday.  I have to pick up birds for training about an hour north of Redmond WA and get my tired butt home in one peice.  How far are we talking here?  Its difficult to gauge is Redmond more than an hour from Portland?  What's the road like?  Am I nuts?  Be nice!

Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#1]
According to Google Maps:

Start address: Portland, OR
End address: Redmond, WA
Distance: 183 mi (about 3 hours 54 mins)

Course, you'll need to stop for lunch in Tacoma to visit with some WA Arfcommers....... So add about 3 hours to the time above

GOOGLE MAPS
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
All right, 4 hours, that's crazy.  I'll spend the night.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Perhaps you can arrange for one of the guys coming down to The Garlic Fest to pick up your birds and meet there...

What's the garlic fest?  Would that be a possiblity?  Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:23:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:29:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Where is Chahallis in comparison to Portland and Pendleton?  I would love help.  I have to leave this evening to Portland as my kids are showing in Salem Friday morning.  I'll IM
1GUNRUNNER  my cell number.  If it doesn't work out, I'll just make the million mile drive but stay over Sunday.  Too many miles for this kid!

Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#7]
An hour north of Redmond? Where exactly? I'm about 30 miles North of Redmond.

Redmond is about 175 miles north of Portland, Or. 3.5 hour drive. Traffic starts sucking about 60 miles south of Redmond.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't really know where it is that the birds are.  I have a friend in Redmond and the gal selling me the birds said she was about an hour north of there.  I'll try to find out.  Are you coming down to the garlic fest? Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Redmond is about 175 miles north of Portland, Or. 3.5 hour drive. Traffic starts sucking about 60 miles south of Redmond.

Sounds like the bird source is close to us, maybe Arlington.

Want to do the garlic fest this weekend?

Patty, Chehalis is 1/2 hr north of Portland on I-5.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:34:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like the bird source is close to us, maybe Arlington.

Want to do the garlic fest this weekend?

Patty, Chehalis is 1/2 hr north of Portland on I-5.

I would love too.  I don't know what my schedule is for Saturday as my son has to show at the state fair in Salem.  As soon as he's done we can come up.  Is there a place to camp there - what's the skinny?

Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm in Everett. Lake Stevens area. I won't be going to GarlicFest, however. 1GR keeps asking me to "take care of me bitch", and I don't have the heart to tell him that TBD is a male.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:46:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Okay more info.  Just called the woman with the birds and she lives in Lake Stevens.  Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:51:46 PM EDT
[#13]
YoooHooo! Gibby? Want to do a small road trip to Chehalis Saturday? It's OK if you can't, just wondering.

Tumbleweed? Anybody?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I think we can do a road trip Saturday.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think we can do a road trip Saturday.

Thank you very much guys!  Da_Bunny, I'm about to leave.  I'll call you when I get cell coverage.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:10:49 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
YoooHooo! Gibby? Want to do a small road trip to Chehalis Saturday? It's OK if you can't, just wondering.

Tumbleweed? Anybody?

Let me see if I can get the day off.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:24:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Are you going to BBQ or fry those birds?  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:38:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tumbleweed? Anybody?

Tumbleweed snuck in on you. If you're working, make some money to buy me some ammo.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:05:10 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tumbleweed? Anybody?

Tumbleweed snuck in on you. If you're working, make some money to buy me some ammo.

I see how it is.  You dangle a road trip in front of me and then you yank it away again.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:26:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Hell, come along. Patty will have a 2 hr drive from Salem and we really don't know when that'll be. We probably won't leave here until noon.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
If we can get JAFO involved in this...I know he is coming down.

Patty have your # saved.

Cool I can get rid of that purple chair.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#23]
OK, I talked to the bird lady. She's @ 12919 84th St. I told her between 10 and 12 on saturday. Tina & Brian Somebody. I have their # too. So....who's going? We all smoke and Chehalis is about as far as I can go between latte's....

I called JAFO and left a message. This could turn into a large non-shooting event. Maybe Patty has a bet with 1GR that she can get a bunch of guys to drive some pidgeons all the way to Chehalis for the party. Now that I think about it, this is starting to look a little strange.....
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Hell, come along. Patty will have a 2 hr drive from Salem and we really don't know when that'll be. We probably won't leave here until noon.

WooHoo!  Gas split three ways.

I'll check with the boss on Friday.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
OK, I talked to the bird lady. She's @ 12919 84th St. I told her between 10 and 12 on saturday. Tina & Brian Somebody. I have their # too. So....who's going? We all smoke and Chehalis is about as far as I can go between latte's....

I called JAFO and left a message. This could turn into a large non-shooting event. Maybe Patty has a bet with 1GR that she can get a bunch of guys to drive some pidgeons all the way to Chehalis for the party. Now that I think about it, this is starting to look a little strange.....

To bad you could not have waited till tuesday...

Nothing like bird crap on my new truck...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To bad you could not have waited till tuesday...

Nothing like bird crap on my new truck...

Yeah, too bad, you got more room in that thing than everybody else put together.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, I'm out.  Not able to get my shift covered. I could call in sick but that would not be honest.  Have fun!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, I'm out.  Not able to get my shift covered. I could call in sick but that would not be honest.  Have fun!

OK, then, but we'll still need your gas money...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK, then, but we'll still need your gas money...

Kiss my what?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

DD

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:17:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Hi Guys [and Ladybug!]  I really appreciate your help.  Is this getting too much?  I really hate putting everyone out.

Patty
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:18:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Okay, I'm off for day two of the state fair.  For those who are interested [or those who aren't just bare with my shameless brag on my daughter] My daughter Whitney took a blue ribbon with her puppy in obedience with a nice score of 178 out of 200.  She then took a blue ribbon in showmanship beating out 120 other kids to make the Championship round which had 32 kids in it.  She made the cut from the Championship round down to 15 but didn't place in the top 2.

Now for my boy.  Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top