Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 4:14:36 AM EDT
I'd like to find a class for my girlfriend, anyone know of anything like this in the dfw area?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:56:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'd like to find a class for my girlfriend, anyone know of anything like this in the dfw area?

I put them on regularly.  I am the Director of Training at the DFW Gun Range in Dallas.  But may I ask why you would want to have her take a class?  

Each student is sprayed, ya know.  She might come home with some on her hands and try to get romantic with you afterwards just to get even.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#2]
why any human being would willingly put themselves through that I'll never know.  In the Corps they made us do it, otherwise I'd still be an OC virgin
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I put them on regularly.  I am the Director of Training at the DFW Gun Range in Dallas.  But may I ask why you would want to have her take a class?    

Well, not to sound dense, but why do you put the classes on?  To train people how to use oc spray, right?  Or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to answer for TXinvestigator,

but......... it has been my experience that the class is pretty much just to prepare you for what it feels like to get sprayedand what to do if in fact you accidently spray yourself or get some on you.  It has also been my experience that if you do get some on you (face usually, eyes hurt the most) the first reaction is to cry like a little girl.  I've been sprayed a bunch of times and I must say, even with all the training I've had, I was never quite prepared for it

Heres my .02 cents ....if you want to train her how to use it without having her hate you for sending her somewhere to get sprayed , go out in the backyard and have her practice.  Its pretty much just point and shoot
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 5:37:10 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a SPRAY CAN. If she's ever held a can of hair gel she knows how to use it.  Police have certification classes only because of the lawyers.

I don't think she's going to be very happy with you after repeated dunkings in bucket of icy water trying to put the fire out.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:11:53 AM EDT
[#6]
The entire idea is ridiculous, I agree.  I mentioned in another thread that I wanted to get my girlfriend some oc spray and several people recommended that she take a class, saying that there were civilian classes where you didn't get sprayed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:26:48 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It's a SPRAY CAN. If she's ever held a can of hair gel she knows how to use it.  Police have certification classes only because of the lawyers.

I don't think she's going to be very happy with you after repeated dunkings in bucket of icy water trying to put the fire out.

For once I agree with Johninaustin.........AMAZING!
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:28:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, not to sound dense, but why do you put the classes on?  To train people how to use oc spray, right?  Or am I missing something?

LOL  Thats a fair question.  We train Security Officers and to carry certain types and sizes they have to be certified.

You could buy her an inert version of the type she carries.  We sell the ASP Keydefenders and sell the inert training inserts.  Its sprays an water/alcohol solution that she can use to determine spray distance/pattern, etc.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:58:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You could buy her an inert version of the type she carries.  We sell the ASP Keydefenders and sell the inert training inserts.  Its sprays an water/alcohol solution that she can use to determine spray distance/pattern, etc.

yeah, that makes alot more sense.  at least with the inert stuff she'd have an idea of what it's going to do if she ever needs to use it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#10]
If you want an inert version, then I'll give you one...
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 8:29:41 PM EDT
[#11]
She can come over and I'll hit her with the 15% for free, but she won't wear any makeup for a week.  She will, however; be an easy target for your "affection" for a while.  Come by, and post pice later.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:30:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
She can come over and I'll hit her with the 15% for free, but she won't wear any makeup for a week.  She will, however; be an easy target for your "affection" for a while.  Come by, and post pice later.hr

LMAO. not nice......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top