Posted: 12/20/2005 9:17:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#1]
A new MOD...........LOL

J/K babysitter.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#2]
A free rifle with every post!

It seems to me that there are people constantly asking where or who I can get this done through. I think that we need to beef up and maintain our local information page.

Nox

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:42:51 AM EDT
[#4]
No more posts like this one would be a good start!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh SNAP!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#6]
What would you like to see different?  I think things are pretty good.  IT might be bennifical for others to scout out more places to shoot.  We're a good team.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#7]

We're a good team.  

Patty's right on the money on that one!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's not a matter of what I want to see different, it's what all of you would like and expect.  I'm more or less on here to "protect and serve" if you may say so.  I'm enjoying our part of the world here but was just looking on ways to increase your enjoyment and looking for any constructive criticism.

Well I diffinately think we need more pictures of the men.  Extra points givin for showing a little skin. .  Although after last night I feel more like this ----> Patty
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:22:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Not skin, but...............

I think we're doing OK, we've had quite a few new members show up recently......of course we've probably scared away a few too .

As a whole we seem to get along great, with a few exceptions, but that's people, not the boards fault. Team Orygun kicks ass !!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
It's not a matter of what I want to see different, it's what all of you would like and expect.  I'm more or less on here to "protect and serve" if you may say so.  I'm enjoying our part of the world here but was just looking on ways to increase your enjoyment and looking for any constructive criticism.

Well I diffinately think we need more pictures of the men.  Extra points givin for showing a little skin. .  Although after last night I feel more like this ----> Patty

You HAVE met some of these people right?

Although I would still like to see if WS4LIF has "West-Side" tattooed on his stomach like any good thug should.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:29:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Not skin, but...............
www.photobucket.com/albums/y121/Unka-Boo/hella.jpg

I think we're doing OK, we've had quite a few new members show up recently......of course we've probably scared away a few too .

As a whole we seem to get along great, with a few exceptions, but that's people, not the boards fault. Team Orygun kicks ass !!

She said show more skin, not more beer guts and man-boobies!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey, man......it's all I got....
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You HAVE met some of these people right?

Although I would still like to see if WS4LIF has "West-Side" tattooed on his stomach like any good thug should.

LOL. No tattoos here

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:55:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
She said show more skin, not more beer guts and man-boobies!

Sure. Just eliminate me too with that sweeping statement.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#16]
I think the suggestion to scout out a few more places to shoot is a good one.

I can go shoot at the CVSC range, but punching holes in paper gets boring after a while... and I have a whole box of Tannerite to play with sometime.

Before he left, Bang poste a map and directions to a few places he used -- basically just places further up in the hills than Brown's Camp. I have been wanting to go and look at some of those for a while, but only getting home on weekends stopped that.

There is so much public/Fed land in Oregon -- most of the state, in fact. We need to lay claim to a bit of it to shoot on.

An organised effort to locate a few new areas would benefit all of us.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:03:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Patty, for you I'll post some pics tonight.........they might not have much skin showing though.....it is chilly this time of year...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Would be a bit of work, but I was actually just thinking today that it would be nice to have a schedule/calendar of local things going on... anything from a big get together to someone saying "hey, I'm going shooting over here; anyone care to join?"  I don't know, just think something set up like a calendar would be easier than trying to track down posts or creating new ones.  Kinda like if last minute you're bored, check the calendar, and see something like "oh, Boo is going shooting and says anyone can come.  Cool, think I'll join."

Well, the dream is nice.  Just my .02
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#19]
It's a good idea, and problem one that should be started in the summer or spring when the shoots pick up steam.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:32:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Would be a bit of work, but I was actually just thinking today that it would be nice to have a schedule/calendar of local things going on... anything from a big get together to someone saying "hey, I'm going shooting over here; anyone care to join?"  I don't know, just think something set up like a calendar would be easier than trying to track down posts or creating new ones.  Kinda like if last minute you're bored, check the calendar, and see something like "oh, Boo is going shooting and says anyone can come.  Cool, think I'll join."

I agree but I would also suggest completely non-gun related gatherings also. We do that up in WA and usually have a decent group of people who show up to drink a few beers and share a dining experience. It's a good way to meet others before you meet up with them armed out in the woods too.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:07:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Yea, much better to meet for lunch first, incase the internet persona is really just a cover...
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Internet friends!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Do after shoot drunken stuppers count?

HOLLYWOOOOOOOOOOD!

Nice Plaid Hat, Fag!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I think a Calendar is a good idea.  I can put something together for us like I've done for my training schedule [this is just an example, not a shameless plug]

http://www.awesomewebmaster.com/kennel/calendar/october05.htm

It would be nice to get a running order of the Oregon members too so people do not miss out on the boss things like "Coyote Shoots with Patty."  

Of course part of the 'fun' of the board is amnesty so this later suggestion might not be possible.

Patty
PS Kudos to Unka Boo & WS4LIF for pictures
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:48:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
It would be nice to get a running order of the Oregon members too so people do not miss out on the boss things like "Coyote Shoots with Patty."  

Up north we had a contact list kept by a trusted individual that contained names, screen names, email addresses, phone numbers, etc. These were of course given at each individual's discretion. If you only wanted the list to have your email, then you just gave your email. Some of us provided cell phone, Instant Messenger ID's, and a city or regional location.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Oh good! I got scared there for a second. When Patty mentioned a calender, I started thinking that she wanted a calender with AR15.com Oregon guys in it.

I'm on the Right.

I'm too sexy for my shirt....... I'm too sexy for my shirt......

Nox
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:05:09 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Up north we had a contact list kept by a trusted individual that contained names, screen names, email addresses, phone numbers, etc. These were of course given at each individual's discretion. If you only wanted the list to have your email, then you just gave your email. Some of us provided cell phone, Instant Messenger ID's, and a city or regional location.

Good ideaer.  Who wants to be the designated stalker?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#28]
For the calendar, we could use the same software I used for the old AWB website -- it has a calendar, which could be protected so only members could edit it: http://nooregonawb.com/calendar.php
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
For the calendar, we could use the same software I used for the old AWB website -- it has a calendar, which could be protected so only members could edit it: http://nooregonawb.com/calendar.php

That's an excellent idea Philip.  Nox Great idea as well.  Just IM me the pictures.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:17:52 PM EDT
[#30]
I would like to see (but it would be a whole site thing) is City, State, for member locations.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:25:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Tack a thread called "Introductions - your first post in the Oregon home town forum goes here"

maybe we can tell eachother a little about ourselves.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:35:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Oh good! I got scared there for a second. When Patty mentioned a calender, I started thinking that she wanted a calender with AR15.com Oregon guys in it.

I'm on the Right.
image.com.com/tv/images/video/snl_chippendales_medvid.jpg

I'm too sexy for my shirt....... I'm too sexy for my shirt......

Nox
www.cybcon.com/~pjp/ribbons.jpg

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:48:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Oregon only Team forum to keep out the riffraff.

I have a obtained certain intelligence on a possible operation to have a little fun with the enemy, but I don't want to give it away on a public forum...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:49:23 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I have a obtained certain intelligence on a possible operation to have a little fun with the enemy, but I don't want to give it away on a public forum...

Do tell!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Do tell!

Well, now posting that would be in contradiction with my previous post!   IM Sent.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#37]
New posters win a prize?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Well, if they are scared to post........why are they even on the net?

It's probably just because they don't like the new Mod....

Not that I've been here all that long, but I have noticed quite a few newbies showing up ( am I repeating myself? ) which is a good thing. But I will admit that we ( OK, I ) probably do scare some of 'em

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:52:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't think we should do too much active recuriting.  Maybe if you see someone in another forum from Oregon stop by and send an IM with an invite.  WE can all do this from time to time.

Patty
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
So, if we banned all pirates, guys who wear plaid hats, sountherers and people missing fingers we would have more newbies?

Cool Cape is still in.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
So am I to take this right?

You ALL are happy with what we have and the only things you want added are a calendar and an introduction thread?

SERIOUSLEY?

Well, if that is the case, let me lay this on you all.  

What would you suggest we do to make this place more appealing to the other Oregon Members who do not post in here or are scared to?

Am I just pissing up a rope here or what?

Uh, Oregon team only forum?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:26:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Is there a way to bulk IM all Oregon members? I'd think that if there was a way, you should send out a bulk reminder to pop in here every couple of months. I have come across several Oregon members that forget that this area exists. It also seems that most of the action in here is from the members in the upper valley area. Is that because most of the events are held up here or are the events held up here just because that's where the most vocal group is? I think that you should have a few more events in other places and see who shows up.

Also, an AR15.com table at the shows would not be such a bad idea. However, I could see a problem with the number of passes given out per table.

Just random thoughts.

Nox

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#46]
I can only speak for myself, but the reason I am hesitant to post half the time is because I don't really know any of the people here.  The reason I joined is from when I ran into a few members at the end of a shoot and they recommended that I drop in here to see when events are.  Being a social shooter, I jumped at the opportunity to (hopefully) find a group of friends to shoot with.  But that's the catch;  You post to talk with friends, but you find friends by posting.  It's another reason I want to be part of another get together... easier to talk and exchange information in person.

I like Patty's idea of someone trusted that would have contact information on others.  I for one wouldn't hesitate to make it easier for others to get in touch with me if they want to do something or needed help.

Anyways, I feel like I'm rambling.  Long day at work (only internet connection I have for now) and am ready to go home.  Safe paths...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:42:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Uh, Oregon team only forum?

I'll check, but do we really want to seperate ourselves from other members of the state?

Just my .02

Peta is right... why alienate others?  Would only push them away...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Word came back on the TEAM only section of the hometown, not possible.  Kind of summed my feelings as well, we do not want an "In crowd" within our state.

I do think that it should be all of our responsiblity to IM other Oregon members when we see them (if we do not recognize them) and invite them to the homtown forum.  One of these days there will be an issue with our hobby/sport/lifestyle where the larger the voice we have the better off we will be.

As for the location of our shoots, at last count roughly 75-80% of our members (who post) are located in the upper valley area.  Seems like a slam dunk for out functions to be centered in or around the area with the largest attendance in here.  

Trust me, nobody more than myself would love to have something more central than they are now, but if the shoe was on the other foot.......

Car pooling works wonders

The team only forum idea was not to exclude people, per say.  I just don't want to run into what those guys at CalGuns ran into where they got screwed by posting stuff in a public forum.  Much like the intelligence I obtained searching the Oregon forum on another website.  Imagine a news crew showing up to one of our shoots to do a hit piece to gain support for an Oregon AWB.  

I'm sure we wouldn't do anything to warrant negative reactions, but there are always people with an agenda.

Maybe I'm just paranoid.

ETA:  I will start sending IM invites whan I see OR members I don't recognize.  With time the Oregon ARFCom team will become the Oregon ARFCom Army.  I will resist the urge to use the "M" word.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Another angle…how do we get the word out to people not participating and to others who know nothing about the site? How do we advertise? I tell like-minded shooters at work about this site and another Oregon Gun site but haven’t got them in deep enough to reap the rewards…

I know one thing that helps the forums thrive and that is more participation from the “lurkers”. These are the guys and gals reading and never posting for reasons listed previously. Intimidation to post may drive some of the apprehension…Hey lurker; jump in it’s ok.

I’ll keep doing my part to get people interested….

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top