Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:32:08 AM EDT
[#1]
consolidate the information in the tacked threads so it is available on one page vs. reading all the banter to find something... (places to shoot, dealers, etc...)
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Another angle…how do we get the word out to people not participating and to others who know nothing about the site? How do we advertise? I tell like-minded shooters at work about this site and another Oregon Gun site but haven’t got them in deep enough to reap the rewards…

I know one thing that helps the forums thrive and that is more participation from the “lurkers”. These are the guys and gals reading and never posting for reasons listed previously. Intimidation to post may drive some of the apprehension…Hey lurker; jump in it’s ok.

I’ll keep doing my part to get people interested….

It has been mentioned before, a table at one of the funshows. Promote both AR15.COM and Practical rifle.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:25:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Another angle…how do we get the word out to people not participating and to others who know nothing about the site? How do we advertise? I tell like-minded shooters at work about this site and another Oregon Gun site but haven’t got them in deep enough to reap the rewards…

I know one thing that helps the forums thrive and that is more participation from the “lurkers”. These are the guys and gals reading and never posting for reasons listed previously. Intimidation to post may drive some of the apprehension…Hey lurker; jump in it’s ok.

I’ll keep doing my part to get people interested….

It has been mentioned before, a table at one of the funshows. Promote both AR15.COM and Practical rifle.

What's it take to do that?  I would be happy to chip in on a table and man the thing for a day at a show.

Here's a flyer for most of the gunshows for the next few months:  rosecitygunshows.com/gunshows_flyer.pdf
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:52:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Although I would still like to see if WS4LIF has "West-Side" tattooed on his stomach like any good thug should.

Haha I can verify that there is no tatoo anywhere on his body.

As far as the AR15 table goes I would be happy to hook us up with a black table cloth with our logo onthe front. I can also get cost prices on banners and signs. I'm in the tradeshow business. Pool some funds together WS4LIF and I will contribute as well and we can see what we can get.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I think getting the word out is pretty much old-school word of mouth. Wearing some approved apparel such as hats from 1GR's folks, or t-shirts from Tactical Apparel, can help strike up conversations at fun shows and events.

Quoted:
Although I would still like to see if WS4LIF has "West-Side" tattooed on his stomach like any good thug should.

As far as the AR15 table goes I would be happy to hook us up with a black table cloth with our logo onthe front. I can also get cost prices on banners and signs. I'm in the tradeshow business. Pool some funds together WS4LIF and I will contribute as well and we can see what we can get.

I think this is a good idea but should not be attempted without first getting approval from goatboy or Edward Avila (through 1GUNRUNNER or VA-gunnut). I don't think they would have a problem with it as long as it was done only in a manner of recruitment and fun. We wouldn't be trying to sell goods or act as representatives of AR15.com other than as local members on the board here. Again though, I would definitely get the go-ahead from Staff before doing anything like setting up an "AR15.com" table.

Now, in the mean time, if we had a shared table at the fun show and a few of us wore our previously approved AR15.com apparel, I don't think any permission would be required.

I'm sure Petagunner wouldn't mind looking into this a little more.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think getting the word out is pretty much old-school word of mouth. Wearing some approved apparel such as hats from 1GR's folks, or t-shirts from Tactical Apparel, can help strike up conversations at fun shows and events.

Quoted:

I think this is a good idea but should not be attempted without first getting approval from goatboy or Edward Avila (through 1GUNRUNNER or VA-gunnut). I don't think they would have a problem with it as long as it was done only in a manner of recruitment and fun. We wouldn't be trying to sell goods or act as representatives of AR15.com other than as local members on the board here. Again though, I would definitely get the go-ahead from Staff before doing anything like setting up an "AR15.com" table.

Now, in the mean time, if we had a shared table at the fun show and a few of us wore our previously approved AR15.com apparel, I don't think any permission would be required.

I'm sure Petagunner wouldn't mind looking into this a little more.

Only if I get use the table to sell my beanie-baby collection!
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:19:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Only if I get use the table to sell my beanie-baby collection!

Oh, I didn't mean we couldn't sell *any* goods. I just meant it's not like we would be trying to make money from the name of the site and selling ar15.com goods.

I'm sure your beanie babies would be A-OK.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:34:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:36:13 PM EDT
[#9]
JAFO I think I need to claify, I had read previosly inthe post that someone thought having a table at some of the gun shows and events would be fun for us and a way to recruit and encourage new members. I just thought I would let people know if you wanted a table cloth on the table that had AR15.com- Oregon Chapter or something of that nature it would be nice looking and cheap if I got it through work, and then it would be a nice background for everyone to put their goods on to sell. But I do know that everything needs to be approved.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
JAFO I think I need to claify, I had read previosly inthe post that someone thought having a table at some of the gun shows and events would be fun for us and a way to recruit and encourage new members. I just thought I would let people know if you wanted a table cloth on the table that had AR15.com- Oregon Chapter or something of that nature it would be nice looking and cheap if I got it through work, and then it would be a nice background for everyone to put their goods on to sell. But I do know that everything needs to be approved.

Can we wear berets!?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#12]
JAFO you are correct that it would certainly have to get staff approval.

Tables are cheap, so thats not a concern really. I think just a simple display with site info, a few pics and maybe a handful of tees from Tactical Appearal would be cool. No selling of anything, just an open invite ot join us both on the board and at PR. Maybe a membership drawing for those willing.

I am not certain Randy would support advertising of PR so we would certainly want to clear it with him.

CH
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I think we should all get a table any ways....I'd love to sell some stuff.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:13:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can we wear berets!?

Wht did you put that image in my head...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Wht did you put that image in my head...

What? Of Cape naked in nothing but a beret? You sick bastard!

Seriously though. As far as getting onto the forum and things like that, I'll defer to the owners of the site.

For example, it appears Randy, while supportive, is having a hard time with the ever increasing size of Practical Rifle. It's getting REALLY big. Does he want it any larger?

So, something to think about.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:32:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Here is my suggestion.
Locations and Directions to the outdoor free shooting locations that most people use.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 9:12:44 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Here is my suggestion.
Locations and Directions to the outdoor free shooting locations that most people use.

Like this one?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top