Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 3:29:29 PM EDT
I was in my garage and have been building a couple rifles as of late with superlight barrels.  I was not really liking the way the standard A2 comp looks on the end of the superlight barrel (looks like a coke can on the end of a pencil) so I turned down an Standard A2 in my lathe to slightly taper the edges fore and aft and give it a custom look and make it more contiguous in appearance.   I then blasted phosphated and gunkoted the new creation.    I appologize for the pictures but it really looks better with a superlight profile barrel.   It would be worth my time to do a batch of 50 or so if I could sell them for $15-17.  My question is what do you think and do you think anyone would pay that price for a revised A2.  The funtion af the flash suppressor is not changed at all.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:43:25 PM EDT
I like the idea and the result.

I bet the market would be small, though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:10:35 PM EDT
Looks good.

But really.... who cares?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:16:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
Looks good.

I do... I mean, if you have a superlight, you might care. Looking good.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:36:58 AM EDT
I might be interested in one. I have a superlite that I am planin' on havin' a flash hider installed on. (I need to get it threaded first.)
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:51:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By ColSanders:

Originally Posted By ishoot2live:
Looks good.

I do... I mean, if you have a superlight, you might care. Looking good.

Is the superlight a "pencil" barrel like the one on the AR6520 Govt. Carbine? If so I can understand the tapering. I have a 6920 upper with an A2 birdcage and I am sure if I installed a Vortex or Phantom it would really look out of place.

I guess if the takedown of the tapering doesn't impede the performance of the hider, then less is better.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:49:15 PM EDT
Looks good.
Top Top