Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2005 3:29:29 PM EDT
I was in my garage and have been building a couple rifles as of late with superlight barrels.  I was not really liking the way the standard A2 comp looks on the end of the superlight barrel (looks like a coke can on the end of a pencil) so I turned down an Standard A2 in my lathe to slightly taper the edges fore and aft and give it a custom look and make it more contiguous in appearance.   I then blasted phosphated and gunkoted the new creation.    I appologize for the pictures but it really looks better with a superlight profile barrel.   It would be worth my time to do a batch of 50 or so if I could sell them for $15-17.  My question is what do you think and do you think anyone would pay that price for a revised A2.  The funtion af the flash suppressor is not changed at all.

Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the idea and the result.

I bet the market would be small, though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good.

But really.... who cares?
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks good.

I do... I mean, if you have a superlight, you might care. Looking good.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:36:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I might be interested in one. I have a superlite that I am planin' on havin' a flash hider installed on. (I need to get it threaded first.)
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:51:45 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looks good.

I do... I mean, if you have a superlight, you might care. Looking good.

Is the superlight a "pencil" barrel like the one on the AR6520 Govt. Carbine? If so I can understand the tapering. I have a 6920 upper with an A2 birdcage and I am sure if I installed a Vortex or Phantom it would really look out of place.

I guess if the takedown of the tapering doesn't impede the performance of the hider, then less is better.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top