Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2004 2:17:52 PM EDT
I was "getting out the vote" today using the punch-system of voting.  You then put the card into the machine after you vote.  The first time it spit the card back at me and the lady said I overvoted.  So I redo it and it goes ok.

But I think that IL should redo their system.

They should use a simple system where there would be computer touch-screens in each booth.  People would touch a button for whoever candidate, or what side of whatever referendum they wanted.  It seems easier.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 3:29:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I disagree, the touch screen is too easy to sabotage, such as entering votes before election day ( as happened today in PAhey
In Maryville, Madison County we use a paper ballot that you fill in the circle next to the candidates name, the paper goes into the reader, scans the vote and retains the paper form for back-up. Great way to vote! no chads, a paper trail and kicks the ballot out if it is spoiled or double votes are entered.

Just my 2 cents.

DuxRus
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:48:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I should be able to vote from home on my computer

Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:56:55 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I disagree, the touch screen is too easy to sabotage, such as entering votes before election day ( as happened today in PA) , they leave no paper trail to follow incase of a need for a recount or voting machine failure.

In Maryville, Madison County we use a paper ballot that you fill in the circle next to the candidates name, the paper goes into the reader, scans the vote and retains the paper form for back-up. Great way to vote! no chads, a paper trail and kicks the ballot out if it is spoiled or double votes are entered.

Just my 2 cents.

DuxRus

We use the same system in Will county, seems to work well for us.  Of course you could go back to the black pebbel/white pebble system and someone will screw it up.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#4]
You want microsoft to control our votes?  They will be crying disinfranchisement because they don't know how to use a computer, never mind they know how to text message.  voting must be KISS
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#5]
AFAIC, it worked very well for you--you made an error that would have disqualified your ballot 4 years ago. This way, you got to fix it.

Seems pretty successful to me.
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 2:46:02 AM EDT
[#6]
It kind of pisses me off that they ask for no ID... Hell everytime you buy a fishing license they want your social security number, and driver license. So they can run you through the system to see if your a dead beat dad, or felon, etc etc... But not in voting??? What the hell's wrong with this picture!!!!! ??????  
Link Posted: 11/3/2004 3:38:34 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree that we need to keep it simple.  The use of computers is too easily sabotaged.  The only way would be to have a paper backup for the votes on the screen.

No, we still vote the old-fashioned way....using a punch to push out the ones that we want.   There is no debate about fraud or scam.   You vote.

The only ones sceaming about the way that we vote is the loser.  Unfortunately, northern Illinois (specifically Chicago and its suburbs) has once again dictated the way the rest of the state will be perceived.  

Maybe we just need to take all of the liberals and put them in a few segregated states.  

Let them celebrate socialized medicine, enjoy their gay marriages, and rewarding the lazy and the draft-dodgers while they try to figure out how to feed themselves.  

Let them eat the trees that they defend so well.  

For me, I will continue to work and pay their bills.  Just like the majority of the American people.

And I will continue to vote and have faith in the system that we have in place.  Without faith, what else do we have?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top