Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 7:43:21 PM EDT
All this talk about an uncontralable fear got me wondering.........

I'll tell you mine snakes and height's thats it.........

I tried to get over the snake thing . I bought a columbian red tail boa played with the damn thing for about 1 1/2~2 weeks bought a kiddy pool would sit in the kiddy pool drinking whiskey let the snake swim a little "he wasnt that big on it" and clime around on me.

I thought i was over the whole snake thing untill I fed the damn thing..........I'm still scared of snakes

Heights strange thing doesnt bother me a bit to fly in airplanes and haven't found anything thats near riding in a helicopters.

but at about 10 feet climbing I'm done I hate climbing any higher than that unless its really bad ass stable....... the last ladder stand I built would hold two grown men my size comfortably without the least bit of give but damn it was heavy

I climb all the time because of my job but i don't like it and I have limit's...........Snakes I kill on sight no f'n around.

and BF don't count no need to be scared of something that don't exist
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if I can classify this as being scared of or weary of, more than likely weary of, but its sneaky deceitful women, you know the kind, the ones that look through your wallet when your sleeping or on the throne or that'll get knock up on the sly just so they can get support from you for the next 18 years.

now as for being shaking in my boots scared...well my dad used to scare the shit outta me when I was a kid, but I hadn't been afraid of him in bout 26yrs or so, and I've been frightened of some mean assed dogs, but they are no longer with us in this lifetime, and I've had the occasional bit of excitement at from other animals in the animal kingdom, but not for long, I've killed nearly every kind of animal or bug that walks these parts.

Nope bout the only thing I can think of that I might be afraid of are things I've done in the past, present and will surely do in the future, and the fright I gather from them is that when I kneel before God and he judges my sins, guess you can say that what I fear the most is the loss of his grace more than anything that walks or crawls on this earth or the gates of hell, midgets and antique furniture for that matter.

Theres nothing that anything can do to me on this earth or in this lifetime that won't eventually happen anyway, so without anymore thought of it I'd have to say..................................................

GOD is who/what I fear the most, in this life or the next.

MLW>"<

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:22:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm with you on the snakes.

They are the one thing I am uncontrollably afraid of.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:48:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm with Ndenway, I fear God. I fear wasps, bee's, hornets, yellow jackets....any of the flying bugs that sting. I hate those with a passion. My old man, he may be lacking in the height department but when he gets riled up, I'd hate to see what he's capable of. Plus bein short he'd get the attitude of 'he's bigger than me so I'm gonna take him down as fast and as painful as possible' and believe it or not the old man is fairly quick. I wouldn't jack with him, no way. Somethin else I'm scared of is my mom, not necesarily of her but of her gettin older. She's tiny, I look big compared to her so those of you that know me know that she's gotta be small. I'm scared of my son getting hurt really bad, same with my brother. I think my dad is too hard nosed to get hurt so I don't worry about that much. On a little bit of a lighter note, I'm afraid of looking my ex wife in the eyes....I could turn to stone, you never know, afraid of her hittin me up for more child support. I think that about covers my fears.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#4]
You need not fear God, only His displeasure. As it says in the Good Book, the Lord takes care of the birds in the bush, and He will take care of you, if you let Him. You are way more important to Him than a bird in the bush.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:42:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Religious fanatics.

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Religious fanatics.

I know what you mean, JD8. I'm scared of the day when Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, or some other evangelistic faith will coming knocking on my door carrying AKs or ARs instead of religious tracts! "Join us or die!" might be pretty persuasive.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Religious fanatics.

I know what you mean, JD8. I'm scared of the day when Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons, or some other evangelistic faith will coming knocking on my door carrying AKs or ARs instead of religious tracts! "Join us or die!" might be pretty persuasive. hr

Nah that would be slightly annoying if anything... How about Tulsa Baptist priests trying to solicit sex from young men?.... must be taking lessons from the Catholics. Seriously though.... religious fanatics do scare me.  Not worried about a snake parking a dirty bomb on my doorstep.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Erectile dysfunction!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:18:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Erectile dysfunction!!!!!

Why worry?  You can throw a rock now and hit a pharmaceutical company making a pill to treat ED.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:04:11 PM EDT
[#10]
snakes??  I'll catch a rattler or copperhead.....

But Spiders!!  My wife and I argue on who will get close enough to kill one when it crawls across the floor
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh I forgot to include....catching something that won't go away.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:06:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks to "Bob" and enzyte I now have no fears. Wait, I just thought of a fear, not getting any. Wait scratch that thought, I'm married, of course I'm not getting any.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Like warts from your hands???? Or from a knothole in a wood fence????
YOU probably do need to worry about that, Rat!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#14]
my biggest fear is the day my daughter becomes old enough to start dating
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:39:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Tulsa's Mayor LaFortune.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Man that's a totally difrent thread the title to that one is " things that can land you in jail"

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:55:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I have only one fear ...Rabbits...bitten twice as child...two times....rabies shots sucked ....so now I have a phobia...

Phobia:A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm afraid of spiders.

But what keeps me awake at night is fears and nightmares of something bad happening to my family.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:26:16 AM EDT
[#19]
I've always said that rabbits were bad but no ones listens to me.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:32:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I have only one fear ...Rabbits...bitten twice as child

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:33:31 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like warts from your hands???? I don't pick up frogs and carry them all over the place Or from a knothole in a wood fence???? I have a chain link fence so no worries about gettin splinters here
YOU probably do need to worry about that, Rat!

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:56:42 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Man that's a totally difrent thread the title to that one is " things that can land you in jail"

No shit there, I got two girls.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:58:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I've always said that rabbits were bad but no ones listens to me.

I know two chicks called "Rabbit", neither ones worth a damn.

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have only one fear ...Rabbits...bitten twice as child

Rabbits bite?

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:05:31 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I have only one fear ...Rabbits...bitten twice as child...two times....rabies shots sucked ....so now I have a phobia...

Phobia:A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

not to poke fun, but its gonna look a lot like it............but,

what would that be called? Arabbiphobia or Bbunnyphobia?

would you fear a lion with the heart of a rabbit, or a rabbit with the heart of a lion?

MLW>"<
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:10:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Wasps..........that is all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top