Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2012 2:47:51 PM EDT
There is a large group of new members that have just showed up in the NMHTF.  Lets get together and get to know each other.  I know range trips are preferred but for now lets meet at a good place to eat and shoot the breeze and get some good food.  I will also add a list of good place to eat, reply with your additions and I will add then to the OP.

MAHA

Good places to eat that the noob should be shown:

Mexican Places
Sadies  On 4th Street and Solar, or Eubank and I-40
Papa Filepe's  Corner of Eubank and Menaul

New Mexican Places
Mick's Chile Fix  On Candelaria and Guiard
The Frontier      On central by UNM

Pizza Places
Sagios               On Central by UNM

Sports Bars
Ojos Locos            I40 and Louisiana

Link Posted: 7/16/2012 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Shooting Ranges

Albuquerque
Zia Rifle and Pistol             Membership needed
Del Norte Gun Club            Membership needed
Calibers                             Paseo & san Mateo, I40 and Cutler
West Side Shooting Park   State shooting Range open to the public

Los Cruces
Butterfield Range                about 10 miles west of LC

MAHA
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Wish I could cruise but I live 3 hrs away from Albs.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 4:29:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I would love to MAHA. But I live 3 hrs from Albq as well. What about a central meet, eat and shoot somewhere?
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Just as long there is a good place to shoot then I knwo I am willing to travel.  Meeting in the middle is only a 1.5 hr drive.  Which way are you from ABQ?

MAHA
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 6:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I live Northwest. By the way what is "MAHA"?
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I live Northwest. By the way what is "MAHA"?

Maha Motor Works was going to be a company I started.  I was going to Paint and Body work as well as Custom Paint and Restorations.  I forget where I got it but I liked the sound of it.

When I went to start it the Economy hit a hard spot this was 8 years ago.  So I never did, I started working for the company I do now and dont have the time or space to do anything like that.

I kept the screen name, I had started to register it on a lot of forums.  MAHA isnt my real name.  I just sign posts with it.

MAHA
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 7:47:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm game just about any day.

Belen is the actual center of NM, and I'm sure Mr. Symptoms knows a few places to grab some grub and shoot (preferably not in the same A.O.)

Let's hit the Z this weekend, Mr. Works.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm in ABQ now and wish I could make it, but heading out of town this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/16/2012 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Belen is the actual center of NM, and I'm sure Mr. Symptoms knows a few places to grab some grub and shoot (preferably not in the same A.O.)

Sounds good to me.  I am going camping with a church group, got roped into cooking for them so I dont know when I am comming back on sat.  Sunday afternoon works for me, I have a couple of friends who will want to go as well.  After that it is vacation time for me.  

MAHA
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Three words, prairie poodle hunt.....
Link Posted: 7/17/2012 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Three words, prairie poodle hunt.....

+1000

MAHA
Link Posted: 7/18/2012 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#12]
The County Lines got some nice BBQ, Budias Chinese is greatest Poddles and Noodles I've had outside of China.

I'm up for anytime, Ill keep my eye on the thread, a gun friendly business is always best :)

Link Posted: 7/18/2012 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Rudys. Get me some extra lean brisket!
Link Posted: 7/26/2012 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't get in here all that often but I'd be down for some good food and company. I work an alternating schedule.. I work every other weekend.. guaranteed off every monday.

-Damien
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 1:32:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Where? Does railrunner go there? someone could pick you up!

Quoted:

I'm kind of partial to Pete's–– they have good SW cuisine there. They have a (old-style) no-guns sign in front though.

Hurricane Rita's is OK too, they are a sort of hash-house kind of place.

There's another place a little ways south of City Hall, Frances Restaurant, it's a good dining room.

Rutilio's is OK but has a funky kind of odor.

Montano's has very good SW food but is very small.

eta As for shooting... there's a sort of 'trash dump' kind of area, has 4 or 5 turnouts and a 100-200 yard backstop if you set your targets low. It isn't a formal shooting area by any means, but it is where everyone seems to go so they don't litter the rest of the mesa (and shoot the rancher's cattle; he gets a mite peeved about that).

Friday should be OK for me. Saturday I have a 12-hour day and need the OT. Sunday might be OK too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 7:26:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm kind of partial to Pete's–– they have good SW cuisine there. They have a (old-style) no-guns sign in front though.

There's another place a little ways south of City Hall, Frances Restaurant, it's a good dining room.

eta As for shooting... there's a sort of 'trash dump' kind of area, has 4 or 5 turnouts and a 100-200 yard backstop if you set your targets low. It isn't a formal shooting area by any means, but it is where everyone seems to go so they don't litter the rest of the mesa (and shoot the rancher's cattle; he gets a mite peeved about that).

Friday should be OK for me. Saturday I have a 12-hour day and need the OT. Sunday might be OK too.

I live in the the northwest region of the state. The rail runner is nowhere near me.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 10:43:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you want to meet at the Z on Sunday, I'm game.
Link Posted: 7/27/2012 12:22:58 PM EDT
[#18]
Zia is OK with me, too.

eta Noonish?

It'd be neat to eat at CHIC FIL A but they're closed on Sunday.

Maha, gimme a call?
Link Posted: 7/28/2012 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Might be able to make it to Zia tomorrow, if you can sneak a non member in.
Link Posted: 9/5/2012 5:30:00 PM EDT
[#20]
If you live in Duke City and you haven't mentioned Ojos Locos yet??

Wish I could but I am in the Southeast corner of the state. Just found this part of the forum so I hope to be a little more active here.
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Wish I could but I am in the Southeast corner of the state. Just found this part of the forum so I hope to be a little more active here.

There's a nice shooting area west of  Los Cruces, I forget just where; seems it was about 10 miles west of LC. Can anyone else jog my mimmry? We had a 3-gun shoot there a few years ago.
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a nice shooting area west of  Los Cruces, I forget just where; seems it was about 10 miles west of LC. Can anyone else jog my mimmry? We had a 3-gun shoot there a few years ago.

Butterfield Range.  It's completely free and has everything you want pistol/rifle out to 1000yards and a brand new skeet range
Link Posted: 9/6/2012 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Still a 5 hour drive for me to Las Cruces.

We went to the range today in Hobbs. I heard they have a separate skeet area but there is enough wide open area we just went off the side of rifle range. We were only ones out there today so it was fun.

270 skeet 200+ rounds and 3 hours of fun today.
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 11:05:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Shooting Ranges added in 2nd post.

I know I am missing some so pos thte info.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/7/2012 12:54:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Clovis here
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:15:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I hope I'm doing this right and in the right thread.  Name is Dave and I have been in the Albuquerque area since the early/mid 80s.  I'm sure I have met atleast some of you around as I have been active off and on in the firearms industry/hobbiest click for many years.

I am a charter member of Del Norte.

My latest project is a DPMS AR-15 Panther carbine, which is what drove me to finding this site.

I do my own reloading also.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:11:21 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I hope I'm doing this right and in the right thread.  Name is Dave and I have been in the Albuquerque area since the early/mid 80s.  I'm sure I have met atleast some of you around as I have been active off and on in the firearms industry/hobbiest click for many years.

My latest project is a DPMS AR-15 Panther carbine, which is what drove me to finding this site.

It is fine here. Welcome in to NMWTF.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Welcome Dave. There are a few Del Norte members here.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:08:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is fine here. Welcome in to NMWTF.

Welcome to the NMWTF and the shenaniguns,
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top