Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/18/2008 5:17:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/18/2008 5:18:34 PM EDT by trapper72_XD]
Hi guys, can someone help me. I will be visiting family in Indiana soon, looks like Pennsylvania does not honor my ccw permit from NY.

Best bet for me to have it locked in it's case?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:47:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:16:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By slidestop:
You dont have to lock it away , you just can't carry it on your person . Unload it and secure it somewhere safe . Enjoy your visit .

+1, just unload and put in trunk, you should be aok.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:56:48 PM EDT
You have a CCW from NY??? Wow!

As long as you stay in your vehicle, you can carry it loaded;

PACS 6106 (b)(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.

However, unless your out of state permit has reciprocity in PA, you cannot carry concealed on your person outside of your vehicle. You can open carry, unless you are in Philly which would require a PA license or one from out of state with reciprocity.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:41:49 PM EDT
Top Top