Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2008 5:17:52 PM EDT
Hi guys, can someone help me. I will be visiting family in Indiana soon, looks like Pennsylvania does not honor my ccw permit from NY.

Best bet for me to have it locked in it's case?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:16:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You dont have to lock it away , you just can't carry it on your person . Unload it and secure it somewhere safe . Enjoy your visit .

+1, just unload and put in trunk, you should be aok.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
You have a CCW from NY??? Wow!

As long as you stay in your vehicle, you can carry it loaded;

PACS 6106 (b)(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.

However, unless your out of state permit has reciprocity in PA, you cannot carry concealed on your person outside of your vehicle. You can open carry, unless you are in Philly which would require a PA license or one from out of state with reciprocity.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top