Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 2:19:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#1]
What the...???  I didn't listen this morning, I was busy listening to Free Beer and Hotwings have some guy wear cougar ass liquid or something in public...

I'm glad I missed it.  I have no clue in what part of this country that murderers and child molesters are encouraged to buy guns...I guess I was mistaken when I thought that anyone convicted of a federal offense wasn't allowed to buy guns.    
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I caught some of the DLR show this morning, but I didn't hear the exact part you're mentioning.  The part I heard, was when the guy called in about the muslims praying in Giants stadium.  David Lee Roth was soooo uninformed it was sad!

What a f'ing train wreck!  I absolutely could not believe how pitiful these idiots sounded.  

I was never a huge fan of stern, but I was seeking through the stations on the way home from work and stopped to see what this was about.  WHAT A JOKE!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:15:07 PM EDT
[#3]
What part were you listening to?

DLR is pro gun, he more or less said that new gun laws will do nothing.  He quoted how violence has greatly increased overseas ever since the huge ban on weapons.  I did hear the federal training part, that was retarded and at least he said it would never happen.

He was in agreement with the callers I heard, who said the same thing.

The EMS worker was an idiot, but she wasn't anti-gun.  Just that she has seen what a gunshot has done to people many times, she's just afraid of them.  She was kind of the in the middle, but didn't come out and say anything really bad in relation to banning guns.

Didn't hear the 9/11 part.

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:33:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Really?

I didn't hear any of that, weird.......feel like we were listening to two different programs.

As said, heard the federal part which was fucked up but other than that.

Must have missed a portion.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#6]

FMJunkie is DEAD-ON with his assesment of that has been, washed up clown from California.

He was going on and on about how gun safety training should be mandatory in order to purchase a firearm. And how his Dad thwarted some homeboys attenpts at kidnapping him at  gunpoint with a, OH NO, LOADED .45 Caliber Pistol.

I'm paraphrasing, but essentially he started his little diatribe stating that when

"I go to the gun range, I can't believe the idiots that I see there, pointing the muzzle at their eye so they can look down the bbl to try and understand why they can't hit the target"

"And I've noticed that the biggest guy always has the smaller gun, on down to the 6 year old that has the, {get this part}, the ..357 [stop] 44 caliber [stop] Dirty Harry Magnum. Then he turns to me pointing it at my jewels and asks "Mister, why doesn't this work?"

I'll tell you, Van Halen has sucked Donkey Balls since he left, but I'd rather listen to that Tequila ridden Homo of a Hagar, and that Gary nobody even heard of you Sharone, then listen to one more minute of that assholes show.

Did I tell you how I really feel

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
"I go to the gun range, I can't believe the idiots that I see there, pointing the muzzle at their eye so they can look down the bbl to try and understand why they can't hit the target"

"And I've noticed that the biggest guy always has the smaller gun, on down to the 6 year old that has the, {get this part}, the ..357 [stop] 44 caliber [stop] Dirty Harry Magnum. Then he turns to me pointing it at my jewels and asks "Mister, why doesn't this work?"

I couldn't take it anymore and shut it off afer listening to that crapola.

DLR is teh suck.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I couldn't take it anymore and shut it off afer listening to that crapola.

DLR is teh suck.

i bet alot of what he talks about is BS, trying to make "Good radio" ,,,,Very stange not hearing stern for the same 1/2 drive to work for the past  12 years
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#9]
K-Rock made a huge mistake with their new 'all talk' format. They were the only rock station in NY playing current releases, and I never listened to Stern anyway. Just a bunch of suck-ups in the studio stroking his ego while he whined about everyone out to get him. Booker in the afternoon was better entertainment.

The new format stinks, I took 92.3 off of my pre-sets this morning on the way in to work.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:31:40 AM EDT
[#10]
I knew I recognized that schmucks voice .... I thought my wife was screwing with me this morning and put the radio on our local lib station. So I didn't listen long enough to find out who he was ... just more crap radio to listen to here in upstate NY ... oh joy
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:56:01 AM EDT
[#11]
NY FM radio sucks. Glad I got my Sirius satellite radio. If you can't find something entertaining with all those channels, then you shouldn't be listening to the radio in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:18:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Much like 102.7 after booting Opie and Anthony they will go under in a month or two. 92.3 will probably be another spanish station in a couple of months.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:29:35 AM EDT
[#13]
The best they they have now is the kidd chris show.   DLR is f'n horrible.  Guy puts me to sleep.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:56:57 AM EDT
[#14]
O and A party rock!

Your Mom's box.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
NY FM radio sucks. Glad I got my Sirius satellite radio. If you can't find something entertaining with all those channels, then you shouldn't be listening to the radio in the first place.

now why would you go and subscribe to a company that is gonna be bankrupt in a year?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:43:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Why not call in and give them the truth about guns....I wish I knew it was on but I don't listen to radio or any of these fools to start with. I would call the station up and tell them what a bunch of fools you put on the air talking about gun control they know nothing about.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:38:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Much like 102.7 after booting Opie and Anthony they will go under in a month or two. 92.3 will probably be another spanish station in a couple of months.hr

Seriously. Besides, when was the last time DLR was successful at anything for more than a week or so?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:58:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

now why would you go and subscribe to a company that is gonna be bankrupt in a year?

With over 3 million subscribers and still growing, I don't think so. Besides your jealous because you signed up with XM, so there.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:09:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll take Opie and Anthony over that washed up has been any day.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:30:36 AM EDT
[#21]
I couldnt take it. Ive started to drive around in silence, as there isnt much on the radio. Could they find worse "talent" to put on the air?  I just went and bought a sirius radio yesterday. Now I have to install it and subscribe.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:04:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People used to say the same thing about cable tv
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top