Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/16/2004 3:43:21 PM EDT
After seeing AZSKI's   Daughter, Britney with hers.

It made me want to make one as well. (Thanks AZSKI)

Now I'm a bit nervous.  What if this Little girl who is only 4 weeks old hates pink?

What do you all think?

Any other colors?

I like Yellow, and Coyote Brown.

Please help me out.  I need to let Treetop what color I need to buy.

I wish I could convince Warren to make me a lower with her birthday as the serial #.

Since she was born in Mesa and I definitely want the lower to be from him since they have Mesa, AZ on them.

Thanks

Mike

PS I was going to do a Poll but cant seem to find the option

____________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT TO ADD:

09-26-04

OK I have the beginning of the AR.  

Thanks to Treetop, he supplied me with the parts.

Also thanks to AZSKI, he brought them over to the house today.

This our little girl, Lexi.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#2]
If she hates pink... you can always paint it... but the gift of an AR-15 is forever.  

Don't cheap out and forget the evil bayonet.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh no, looks like I may need to buy a replacement lower from you Warren.   Can you make one with 04-07-86 or some variation of that date on it?  If so, you just made yourself anohter sale.  If you are willing to make a special run I wouldn't mind getting one for my wife (who was also born in Mesa) and maybe myself as well.  

Also, can you do letters instead of numbers?  I would pay a premium for my username on the lower as the serial number.

azski
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Oh no, looks like I may need to buy a replacement lower from you Warren.   Can you make one with 04-07-86 or some variation of that date on it?  If so, you just made yourself anohter sale.  If you are willing to make a special run I wouldn't mind getting one for my wife (who was also born in Mesa) and maybe myself as well.  

Also, can you do letters instead of numbers?  I would pay a premium for my username on the lower as the serial number.

azski

AZSKI,

I told you I have an engraver from Home Depot....

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

azski

AZSKI,

Yea, I was just trying real hard to forget it.

azski
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#6]
My daughter just saw that picture.

"Daddy, do they make them in blue too?"

I guess that is as good of a reason as any to buy another one.

Warren, Could you do a 10-07-95 for me?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What's her birthdate?????????  I'm making some with my 2 daughter's birthdates.

Im sent.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AZSKI,

Yea, I was just trying real hard to forget it.

azski

... LMMFAO!

... Oh man, now that my tears are dried and I can see my screen again, I'd say yes mjrowley build your daughter a pink AR15. Oh course she may grow up and gravitate to the black Goth look.

... Just keep that damned engraver away!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I am going to get the lower and furniture right away so I can put a collapsible stock on it.  In case the AWB comes back(Knocks on wood).

I want the collapsible stock so that she can grow in to the rifle.

Now guys if I show up to shoot this thing I hope you all don't give me a to hard of a time.  

Remember she is 4 weeks old.  I don't know if I can just leave it in the safe for 5-7 years with out shooting it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

azski

Hey, Ski, she's a only a little younger than me. Where are you at?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

azski

QUICK! LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Oh no, looks like I may need to buy a replacement lower from you Warren.   Can you make one with 04-07-86 or some variation of that date on it?  If so, you just made yourself another sale.  If you are willing to make a special run I wouldn't mind getting one for my wife (who was also born in Mesa) and maybe myself as well.  

azski

AZYoungGun:

Ill sell you her address.
Just Kidding, AZSKI and TO!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey, AZSki! Did you hear that? Rowley was going to sell your daughter out! Quick, IM me and we'll hook up to take him out before anything bad happens!

What? I'm a nice guy! Honest! Have her come out to one of the shoots sometime (if we have any before I leave January). I'll be nice. 'Specially since the going rumor is that the women are outshooting the men.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:23:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Wasn't there a Barbie AR that I saw in a thread? Can't go wrong with Barbie.

CW
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not too sure her 6'5" boyfriend will be too happy.  

She also likes to shoot full-auto's:

Brittany_shooting_the _FA_M60

azski
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#16]
AZ,

Dude you can take him!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:44:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
AZ,

Dude you can take him!

But can he afford her ammo habit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Warren, it looks like your lowers are a hit over on the FALfiles board:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119829  

azski
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
www.the-ozone.com/album/Pictures/iBrit_Ryan.jpg

www.the-ozone.com/album/Pictures/July_18_2004_022i.jpg

Brittany_shooting_the _FA_M60

azski

Oh my goodness...Britney looks so much like my niece...My brothers daughter, Hillary .
Britney must have been born in Texas
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:53:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I'd say go for it.  Even if she loves pink she'll want to change the color later anyway.  We are talking about a future woman right?    Come to think of it I need to start saving for my daughter's pink AR!    Thanks for the idea!

-YJ
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Are there pink collapsibles? That would be cool for my wifey....
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:47:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It took me a few minutes to notice there was a gun in that photo.

AZSKI.....she's a cutie....lock her  up quick before everyone else here starts going ga-ga over her.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:54:36 PM EDT
[#24]
damn, shes a hottie!!! oh yeah nice gun
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If you are willing to make a special run I wouldn't mind getting one for my wife (who was also born in Mesa) and maybe myself as well.  

azski

That sheds new light on your appreciation of the Smith Enterprise M14s.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:59:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#27]
AZSki, he's 6'5" huh? I've got the advantage of a lower center of gravity.

So long as he doesn't enter my 350 yard barrier, he'll live.

Besides, why waste all that ammo when the target only requires one shot? At 6'5", he'd be hard to miss! Me, on the other hand . . . better bust out that FLIR and NVG equipment.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 6:34:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Well I'm building a pink rifle.

I paid Treetop today for the furniture.  

I need to get the lower and then the lower parts kit.

Then wait and save up to buy a M4 upper.

Getting pretty(in pink)excited here.

Will present Lexi with the rifle on her 1st birthday, in front of her Mom, and Grandparents.  My wifes parents are Semi-Anti gun.  One can have a gun as long as it isn't in the house...

While my wife has her CCW.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#29]
... Congrats on your decision Mike! You know you can't go wrong working with the Chandler chapter of the Uzi Triangle.

... Like you, I'm starting my own, new colored rifle project too. I actually got to weld these two together Tuesday night.

... Mixed-breeds. Coyote & Desert "mirror mirror" duo

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
... Congrats on your decision Mike! You know you can't go wrong working with the Chandler chapter of the Uzi Triangle.

... Like you, I'm starting my own, new colored rifle project too. I actually got to weld these two together Tuesday night.

... Mixed-breeds. Coyote & Desert "mirror mirror" duo

members.cox.net/winston_wolf/cavs.jpg

Cool deal! Now THAT will be different. You should of went blue/yellow
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Will present Lexi with the rifle on her 1st birthday, in front of her Mom, and Grandparents.  My wifes parents are Semi-Anti gun.  One can have a gun as long as it isn't in the house...

You and me both brother.. I just paid him for some pink furniture aswell... I got tools if you need to borrow later.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:42:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You and me both brother.. I just paid him for some pink furniture aswell... I got tools if you need to borrow later.

Thanks man ill keep that in mind.

How about this color configuration...

Pink and Yellow?

That would be really bright and scream "LOOK AT ME!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#33]
TK, please yellow OR pink, not both.

azski
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
azski

Only 6'5". He's a short guy. I have at least two inches on him.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:25:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Calm down, fellas. You have to be able to look at the rifle without using shades or other eye protection devices, right?

I want to see that Black/Brown rifle when it's finished. Call it "Two Face."
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
azski

Only 6'5". He's a short guy. I have at least two inches on him.

Whats in the water out that way?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:37:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Personally, I think being short has its advantages. I'm 5'9", so I'm not bad, but 6'7"??? Geesh.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:18:59 PM EDT
[#38]
I thought there was no more pink AR's being produced?!  I was wanting to get my daughters name and birthdate as the serial # but was told that I couldn't do that in pink anymore.  I agree that the tele stock would be great as she could grow into the rifle, she's only 4 now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#39]
I am looking forward to this week I start to get my part together to build the lower.
Still need the receiver tho...

Should I tell my wife about this, or surprise her in 11 month's when I give the Rifle to Lexi?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I am looking forward to this week I start to get my part together to build the lower.
Still need the receiver tho...

Should I tell my wife about this, or surprise her in 11 month's when I give the Rifle to Lexi?

Why not get her involved? Heck, build her one too
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#41]
pic added to first post
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:29:49 PM EDT
[#42]
So can Warren do the birthday thing?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Mike, I changed my mind. I am moving to Tempe. Actually I leave in a couple of minutes. I need the boyfriends address and I need you to cover for me, say we went to a restuarant or something. Oh yeah, some lime and your suppressor too
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:10:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Mike, I changed my mind. I am moving to Tempe. Actually I leave in a couple of minutes. I need the boyfriends address and I need you to cover for me, say we went to a restuarant or something. Oh yeah, some lime and your suppressor too

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:02:06 AM EDT
[#45]
hen

Man, you guys are too much!  I am really, really looking forward to meeting ya'll.  Beers at Applebees on me!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Man, you guys are too much!  I am really, really looking forward to meeting ya'll.  Beers at Applebees on me!

Welcome to our supremely dysfunctional family.. for those of us that don't drink, you gonna spring for all we can eat Rib-lets?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:15:41 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to our supremely dysfunctional family.. for those of us that don't drink, you gonna spring for all we can eat Rib-lets? hr

I'll call that a deal!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to our supremely dysfunctional family.. for those of us that don't drink, you gonna spring for all we can eat Rib-lets?

I'll call that a deal!!!!!!

What part of town you in?  When and where on the AppleBee's?

Now thats out of the way...

Do you have a wife, is she hot?

Any 18 years or older hot sisters/daughter's?(trying to get Combat_Jack, off AZSKI'S little girl)

Post pics of all the above that apply!

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Keeping with the theme, here is the ladys Carbine I just finished....

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Keeping with the theme, here is the ladys Carbine I just finished....

Looks Awesome!!!

Thanks for the pic.  

I will be posting pics in a few months.  I need to save up for the parts kit and the upper for it.  

I am also waiting for the "Special" lower.

EDIT: for spelling and such.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top