Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2014 1:02:41 PM EST
I try to revisit this every now and then but have any of you heard of any outdoor ranges within say 30-45 min of Florence? I am a member at Black Creek Gun club and thats about 45 min out but its renewal time so I was curious what other options were out there. My wife even told me there is a outdoor range coming to Myrtle Beach somewhere. I have seen noise area signs on the way to the Black Creek Gun club but didnt know if Nucor had a private range or what. Someone at Rock Tenn told me that they had a employee range one time when I was talking guns with someone there.

The plinking pit was a unsafe joke last time I went there and Wildlife Action on the way to Scranton didnt have much for a range and had very limited hours. I was a member at WLA probably 10 years ago but the pictures I saw on their site look about the same as I remember. Im not really a fan of indoor ranges even though they do have their purpose so thats why im looking for outdoor ranges.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:27:21 PM EST
I've only been in the Florence area since 08, and Black Creek Gun Club is the best thing I've found so far. I haven't found anywhere other than BCGC that offers anything over 100yds. WLA is a very small range, and if I remember correctly they may be looking to relocate. There is a range in the Charleston area that goes out to 600 I believe, but you have to have an invite from a current member to join IIRC. Short of owning your own land, if you want to go out past 200yds, a trip to NC is in order. If anyone knows anything different please respond. I would love to be able to stretch it out to 600 and beyond on a regular basis without having to drive to Charleston to do so.
Top Top