Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2014 2:02:41 PM EDT
I try to revisit this every now and then but have any of you heard of any outdoor ranges within say 30-45 min of Florence?  I am a member at Black Creek Gun club and thats about 45 min out but its renewal time so I was curious what other options were out there.  My wife even told me there is a outdoor range coming to Myrtle Beach somewhere.  I have seen noise area signs on the way to the Black Creek Gun club but didnt know if Nucor had a private range or what.  Someone at Rock Tenn told me that they had a employee range one time when I was talking guns with someone there.  

The plinking pit was a unsafe joke last time I went there and Wildlife Action on the way to Scranton didnt have much for a range and had very limited hours.  I was a member at WLA probably 10 years ago but the pictures I saw on their site look about the same as I remember.  Im not really a fan of indoor ranges even though they do have their purpose so thats why im looking for outdoor ranges.  
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 11:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only been in the Florence area since 08, and Black Creek Gun Club is the best thing I've found so far. I haven't found anywhere other than BCGC that offers anything over 100yds. WLA is a very small range, and if I remember correctly they may be looking to relocate. There is a range in the Charleston area that goes out to 600 I believe, but you have to have an invite from a current member to join IIRC. Short of owning your own land, if you want to go out past 200yds, a trip to NC is in order. If anyone knows anything different please respond. I would love to be able to stretch it out to 600 and beyond on a regular basis without having to drive to Charleston to do so.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top