Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 3:01:49 PM EDT
Fogive my ignorance, maybe its the bright shiny orb in the sky that is distracting me.

If I were to go to say Beaverton Oregon to TPD USA can I buy a rifle direct from them, and then drive back home with it? Or is there some law that will not allow me to do so? I know with pistols, even with a CPL you can't walk away from the store like in WA state. Here are the reasons I want to do this. Thanks for any help.

A) I don't want to pay sales tax
B) I want to look it over before I buy
C) I'm going down their anyway for vacation
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:14:18 PM EDT
Not a problem for rifles.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:32:57 PM EDT
You may want to edit part A out of your question.

There are some additional laws that apply to purchases made out of state with that intent.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:40:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 4:03:03 PM EDT by Phil_in_Seattle]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:01:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sasquatch98226:
Fogive my ignorance, maybe its the bright shiny orb in the sky that is distracting me.

If I were to go to say Beaverton Oregon to TPD USA can I buy a rifle direct from them, and then drive back home with it? Or is there some law that will not allow me to do so? I know with pistols, even with a CPL you can't walk away from the store like in WA state. Here are the reasons I want to do this. Thanks for any help.

A) I don't want to pay sales tax
B) I want to look it over before I buy
C) I'm going down their anyway for vacation

Yes, out of state is not a problem with rifles if purchasing from a dealer.

I asked TPD about picking it up from them and they are not set up to sell directly to the public, but one of their employees is a FFL and can do the paperwork.

I believe they are currently running a 4-6 week back log right now, so hope you're not going anywhere soon.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:59:09 PM EDT
What about an out of state person making a privte purchase from a resident?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:02:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/19/2008 5:08:21 PM EDT by Phil_in_Seattle]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:54:39 PM EDT
Not going anytime soon, I still need to shake out the couch for all the nickles and dimes I can find. Then raid the piggy bank, then under the car seats, and anywhere else I can think of.
Top Top