Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 3:01:49 PM EDT
Fogive my ignorance, maybe its the bright shiny orb in the sky that is distracting me.

If I were to go to say Beaverton Oregon to TPD USA can I buy a rifle direct from them, and then drive back home with it?  Or is there some law that will not allow me to do so? I know with pistols, even with a CPL you can't walk away from the store like in WA state.  Here are the reasons I want to do this.  Thanks for any help.  

A) I don't want to pay sales tax
B) I want to look it over before I buy
C) I'm going down their anyway for vacation
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a problem for rifles.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
You may want to edit part A out of your question.

There are some additional laws that apply to purchases made out of state with that intent.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Fogive my ignorance, maybe its the bright shiny orb in the sky that is distracting me.

If I were to go to say Beaverton Oregon to TPD USA can I buy a rifle direct from them, and then drive back home with it?  Or is there some law that will not allow me to do so? I know with pistols, even with a CPL you can't walk away from the store like in WA state.  Here are the reasons I want to do this.  Thanks for any help.  

A) I don't want to pay sales tax
B) I want to look it over before I buy
C) I'm going down their anyway for vacation

Yes, out of state is not a problem with rifles if purchasing from a dealer.  

I asked TPD about picking it up from them and they are not set up to sell directly to the public, but one of their employees is a FFL and can do the paperwork.

I believe they are currently running a 4-6 week back log right now, so hope you're not going anywhere soon.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
What about an out of state person making a privte purchase from a resident?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:54:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Not going anytime soon, I still need to shake out the couch for all the nickles and dimes I can find.  Then raid the piggy bank, then under the car seats, and anywhere else I can think of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top