Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2006 2:37:08 PM EDT
OK I know a OA98 is a pistol but these Pistol builds that I keep looking at. Are these things legal or are the SBR's.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=122&t=265182
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Not even close
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
In the great screwed up state of NY , they are
Illegal Assault weapons.

(no prebans)
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:16:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks aside, how is that any different than a race gun with a comp?  That thing in the photo is a handgun.

Maybe only pre-ban raceguns are legal too?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#4]
OK tthen lets take off the fore arm or shroud.. is it legal then? Or does it also have to fit into weight class?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Nothing surrounding barrel , true, but I don't think you can keep it under 50 ounces.

www.nraila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=NY

A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics:
an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#6]
More stupid ass laws. So if it's really much too heavy and a real pain in the ass to carry, it's illegal
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:18:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nothing surrounding barrel , true, but I don't think you can keep it under 50 ounces.

www.nraila.org/GunLaws/StateLaws.aspx?ST=NY

A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following characteristics:
an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;
manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded.

speaking of the 50 ounces, if only Kel Tec had shaved another ounce off of this
www.impactguns.com/store/640832000375.html
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#8]
should  be legal if you have a pistol permit.  i have seen a couple for sale here in albany.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Yea SHARKY30 I asked that in another topic asking if it was legal in NJ.

I need to look at one because I might be able to get it down to legal limits.

Here
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yea SHARKY30 I asked that in another topic asking if it was legal in NJ.

I need to look at one because I might be able to get it down to legal limits.

Here

cut the threaded part of the barrel off ans recrown it maybe?
I don't know how long that would be and if it would shave off the last ounce
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Ya Know - I hadn't even considered the Kel-tec  

If you got the weight down and a NY FFL. would accept it , I think it's good to go .

Just don't add any forend to it and use PREBAN Mags.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top