Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 8:14:37 PM EDT
Maybe Bill Weise can clarify.

While ar15.com was down I decided to look at calguns.net.  In the offlist thread I saw several new pictures of "my new ar build".  I didn't see pinned mags on the offlist receiver builds.

Am I missing something or are these guys posting pics of guns before the list is updated and weapons registered?

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
They're all pinned. It's just not obvious in a picture.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:25:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
They're all pinned. It's just not obvious in a picture.

+1

They may be using the method described here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=11&t=228125
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:38:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I sorta figured they were somehow compliant.  They look very much like they were not pinned.  I was very surprised.  If I was going to post pics of a CA "Assault Weapon" I'd be very careful to make it obvious to even the casual observer that they were pinned.

I may go buy a receiver this weekend.  I just have my doubts that they will ever be buildable in any variant other than fixed 10rnd.  What the hell though, it's only money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top