Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 8:57:47 AM EDT
Hey guys, well I haven't played all summer but I just had a thought. I don't know how many of you have ever played Paintball, i thought it might be a good Arfcom outting. I used to work at BFG paintball in Germantown, its indoor so it could be whenever. I was thinking sometime in November.  One of the owners is a gun guy so I'm gonna call him and see what we can work out for a private party if anyone is interested. Let me know :)

O
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:12:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hey guys, well I haven't played all summer but I just had a thought. I don't know how many of you have ever played Paintball, i thought it might be a good Arfcom outting. I used to work at BFG paintball in Germantown, its indoor so it could be whenever. I was thinking sometime in November.  One of the owners is a gun guy so I'm gonna call him and see what we can work out for a private party if anyone is interested. Let me know :)

O

Outdoors would be better, but than we'd all have to have our own guns which could be a problem
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:34:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah there are a few outdoor fields in the area but they will closing for the winter. I have my own stuff so for me we can play anywhere. BFG does rent gear out for the day. Paintball sams is another option, the are outside of Racine. its a nice place to play. check it out and let me know what you guys think www.Paintballsams.com.

O
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
This could be fun time.  I never got heavily into it, but it's always been fun the times I played with a group of friends (batchelor parties, etc).
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah there are a few outdoor fields in the area but they will closing for the winter. I have my own stuff so for me we can play anywhere. BFG does rent gear out for the day. Paintball sams is another option, the are outside of Racine. its a nice place to play. check it out and let me know what you guys think www.Paintballsams.com.

O

I was thinking more along the lines of private property and a 48hr "war game"
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:19:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I play. I've got a game oto go to on the 24th. If you guys want to come along, that's fine.  I only have one extra gun though.  I checked into BFG a while back, and they had some kind of rules that I didn't like, so I never went there.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:46:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I play. I've got a game oto go to on the 24th. If you guys want to come along, that's fine.  I only have one extra gun though.  I checked into BFG a while back, and they had some kind of rules that I didn't like, so I never went there.

I also understand from everyone I have ever talked to that BFG in not player friendly.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:01:27 AM EDT
[#7]
This may be dating me, but:

I'd be in, as long as someone can find me an O-ring replacement set for a PMI VM68.

It's a custom unit I built when I was playing on an amature team - about 15 years ago.

I haven't used it in probably 7 or 8 years.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I understand that alot of people think of BFG as non player friendly. These are people who don't follow basic safety rules. I would hope that people who own real guns would understand safety. Like I said I used to work there. The problem is this, your average outdoor field is just that, Outdoor.  Most likely the land is either paid for or leased. They are insured and if they are caught allowing people to go around standard safety rules it would cost them their business. The Guys who own BFG bought the building and if they loose their insurance they also loose their homes. I did not agree with all the rules but  I can understand why they are there.  I don't really care for one of the owners but Dan is a great guy and always treats people with respect, but he is not always there his.

O
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 6:39:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Heck, I would be willing to try it.  Bump.....
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:31:29 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I understand that alot of people think of BFG as non player friendly. These are people who don't follow basic safety rules. I would hope that people who own real guns would understand safety.

I have heard all of this from tourney quality players. I hear of people being ejected for some pretty minor infractions. Maybe they are to worried about the insurance.

What about Apoc??? It is getting cool out now, but they are still open. The Co2 users might have some problems, but that is the price they pay.

I have only played once this year so I am out of practice. I am up for it.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Apoc. is up in Poynette, and Sam's in in Racine. There's also Dave's (indoor) in Mil.  Personally, I like Sam's of the three, I find the staff to be more generous, and friendlier.  I must admit though, that I usually play private prop. games, and have only played at Sam's and Dave's once.  From what I've seen, BFG has a nice setup, but what turned me off (and from both Sam's and Dave's) was an absurd paint price.  Plus, no fields let you go full auto.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Apoc is my Favorite Field, if you have your own gear you can bring your own paint. Thats why i worked at BFG, I got paint at cost  and then went and played at Apoc. Flame, I was a tourney player, I saw guys get pulled for things that are rules at other field but are not inforced. BFG just have to play safe.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:34:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Apoc. is up in Poynette, and Sam's in in Racine. There's also Dave's (indoor) in Mil.  Personally, I like Sam's of the three, I find the staff to be more generous, and friendlier.  I must admit though, that I usually play private prop. games, and have only played at Sam's and Dave's once.  From what I've seen, BFG has a nice setup, but what turned me off (and from both Sam's and Dave's) was an absurd paint price.  Plus, no fields let you go full auto.

Yup I'm with you, I prefered playing on private prop and playing weekend long games. Nice war game with some buddies. Night ops, ambushes, boobytraps, PB grenades, those were always fun ass games. The only thing is we had rules that most people probably wouldn't like. Only one person pert team(depending on team size) could have a full hopper, everyone else was limited to 30 balls. We tried to keep it semi-realistic.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Plus, no fields let you go full auto.

There is a reason for that. Not everyone has full auto, thus an unfair advantage. It is my belief that if a person needs f/a to win then they have no skill. No offense.  People complain about me and my 8-10bps on my hinge, and that is semi.

Osiris I have never seen it first hand. Just stories. I am not trying to argue with you. I think theses things happen at all fields. Some rules are just enforced more than others and each field. I have seen great playing conditions and I have seen players total disreguard for the rules and field staff does nothing about it.
I Play mainly at Apoc. The reason I have not played there much this year is mainly due to terrible refs. Rec ball is rec ball but disreguard for the rules has no place thier either. I have watched people wipe in front of refs. I have even seen a player play from outside the tape on speed ball 1. In the foot path mind you in front of the ref. I called him on it and the ref told me "come on it's just rec ball." Obviously this kid must be a friend of the ref.

I have only been to Sams once. I liked it. The company I work for has repaired thier HPA Comp a time or two. I got free passes from them when they came in.hier
I am stricktly a BYOP kind of guy. I can get Big balls for $28 a case or Marbs for $32 a case. Don't ask cause I won't tell. I hate field paint. I will not pay $100 a case anywhere. Period.

It's all good. I guess I would be up to try anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry if you took it that way Flame i wasn't mad, i know people think of BFG that way but its just cuz they're used to getting away with things!  Yeah and Daves is a lawsuit waiting to happen! I was there once when the toilet backed up and flooded the basement and they still wanted us to play down there
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:52:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Full auto an unfair advantage?  Funny how my 6 bps is not ok, but it's ok for someone to trigger bounce at 16 bps.  And as far as no skill, apparently you don't play too much team woodsball;  It's a classic suppressive fire for an outflank scenario.  Plus, since I can't afford an NFA item, it's a hell of a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#17]
When I was at The Edge south of Janesville, they allowed full auto. Thats the only time I played. I dont know how many times I plastered the ref. My only gripe was some clown (were were playing serbs vs croats and had some people playing UN who were only to fire after being fired upon. One guy who was playing a UN guy decided to shoot some other players, who he was supposed to be with, square in the back at 15'. He was told to leave, but not until about 3 guys had to hold the guy who he shot back from beating him silly.  Always gonna get some clown like that. MIght try again next spring (bought a Tippman 98 custom this summer to play with a friend at his parents house. Then the moron sold it after 1 day claiming it was too expensive.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Sorry if you took it that way Flame i wasn't mad, i know people think of BFG that way but its just cuz they're used to getting away with things! h

I just was hoping I was not coming off as an ass.

Quoted:
Full auto an unfair advantage?  Funny how my 6 bps is not ok, but it's ok for someone to trigger bounce at 16 bps.  And as far as no skill, apparently you don't play too much team woodsball;  It's a classic suppressive fire for an outflank scenario.  Plus, since I can't afford an NFA item, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

6 bps on fa? What are you using?? I will agree some of the high end electros are a bit much at times. I the case of mixed gun groups the teams should be evened out as much as possible. I have on;y been able to as fast as 10bps with a mechanical hinge. No bounce, all finger.

Your right I do not play much woodsball, let alone team woodsball. When I play it is mainly sup-air, hyperball, or speedball.

Speed in shooting is sometimes useful, however throwing 100 balls onto a bunker will one not get any eliminations, and two is a huge waste of paint. I am also not a "Sniper" type player. There is really no such thing as a sniper in paintball (at least in the games I play) The people who think they want to be a sniper are doing nothing but hurting the team as a whole. I play front and mid, or the combo of the 2.

I am not trying to be an ass. This is just the way I see it.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#19]
That's alright, your an arena baller, I'm a woods baller.  Anyways, I have my A5 set at 6 bps to keep the paint under control, and to keep me from going broke.  I've tried it at 14 bps, and that's just too much paint.  As far as "paintball snipers", you know, I know, now if only those people who buy those 24" barrels and hunker down in one spot all day would figure it out.

Anyways, I'm going to a game on the 24th in Kenosha. Anyone is welcome to come and play.  Preferably you have your own stuff, but I have a loaner marker/mask/tank available.  Cost is $5 to cover all day air and CO2.  If anyone's interested, let me know.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Edited to delete post.

Sorry... wrong forum.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top