Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/9/2005 2:42:08 PM EDT
I have a business idea which would require an 01 FFL. I'm interested in obtaining one and have lots of questions about the process. Does anyone know of a site/forum where the subject is discussed? I have been all over the ATF site and DOJ site to learn about all the Federal, State and local regs. They gloss over it like its the same as getting a C&R license and I'm sure nothing could be further from the truth!

thanks in advance

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:51:11 PM EDT
I believe some cities may limit/deny 01 FFLs that don't have a 'storefront' operation as well. (no dealing only from home/gunshows)
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:19:03 PM EDT
I looked into it a while ago, just out of curiousity, and from what I remember someone said that, particullarly in California, they make it hell if you don't have a storefront. Now sure how that works, you make a store to sell guns and put a sign out that says "please come back in 2-3 months".

I also heard that the business location must meet certain requirments, like being barred, having a vault to store the weapons, etc.

Just what I heard.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:42:59 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:27:48 PM EDT
Go talk to Gail and Robert at Newtown Firearms. They ran their business from home for a year or so till they moved to downtown Placerville. Really nice people. I would bet they'd tell you what you need to know for our county, plus where to get the state and fed info and paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:32:45 PM EDT
check your house's zoning. If it is zone as residential only, you'll have a problem calling your garage as "business"

There is also direct connection to CA DOJ database requirement.
Top Top