Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/9/2005 2:42:08 PM EDT
I have a business idea which would require an 01 FFL. I'm interested in obtaining one and have lots of questions about the process. Does anyone know of a site/forum where the subject is discussed? I have been all over the ATF site and DOJ site to learn about all the Federal, State and local regs. They gloss over it like its the same as getting a C&R license and I'm sure nothing could be further from the truth!

thanks in advance

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe some cities may limit/deny 01 FFLs that don't have a 'storefront' operation as well.  (no dealing only from home/gunshows)
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked into it a while ago, just out of curiousity, and from what I remember someone said that, particullarly in California, they make it hell if you don't have a storefront. Now sure how that works, you make a store to sell guns and put a sign out that says "please come back in 2-3 months".

I also heard that the business location must meet certain requirments, like being barred, having a vault to store the weapons, etc.

Just what I heard.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Go talk to Gail and Robert at Newtown Firearms. They ran their business from home for a year or so till they moved to downtown Placerville. Really nice people. I would bet they'd tell you what you need to know for our county, plus where to get the state and fed info and paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#5]
check your house's zoning.  If it is zone as residential only, you'll have a problem calling your garage as "business"

There is also direct connection to CA DOJ database requirement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top