Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
4/1/2020 4:14:10 PM
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Posted: 1/4/2005 11:10:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/4/2005 11:11:11 AM EDT by CeramicGod]
Ok, I've heard over and over now how great this place is.

Please explain WHY?

It has very limited range, what 200 yards, and thats only a few tables - and there's orange coats walking round watching everything you do.

I'll take the TRC, thanks - I like it there.

But, I'm not ragging- I just don't understand, whats so great about it?  Thanks....
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 11:25:04 AM EDT
I like it because its closer than 3 points, its a pretty nice range-though limited.  its a nice place to go punch paper for a couple hours.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:21:46 PM EDT
hi where is this pima county range at and where is trc? thanks! i am new here and don't quite know where everything is yet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:24:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sawgunner0311:
hi where is this pima county range at and where is trc? thanks! i am new here and don't quite know where everything is yet.

pima county range is out near the fairgrounds, TRC is out at three points
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:36:16 PM EDT
I still don't get the whole "range mentality" unless you're shooting a comp or taking a class.  I'll take the desert over a range any day.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 4:09:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:
I still don't get the whole "range mentality" unless you're shooting a comp or taking a class.  I'll take the desert over a range any day.

+1
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 5:47:30 PM EDT

I like the desert better too but it's getting to be a long drive to find a nice place without houses
sprouting closer and closer . . .

As far as the Pima County range, at least it's clean, well arranged, and not too expensive.
200 yds is better than the 100 at Desert Trails.  I agree that the "staff" is a tad intrusive,
but they're freindly, compared to the krabs at some other ranges I've been to.  I don't mind
the extra attention to safety, if i'm at a public range that I can't control myself.  I bet I get
tired of the place as soon as the rest of Tucson starts showing up.  

I'm all up for discovering any close-in spots you're hiding near town.  Wink, wink . . .
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:42:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CeramicGod:

Please explain WHY?

It has very limited range, what 200 yards, and thats only a few tables - and there's orange coats walking round watching everything you do.

But, I'm not ragging- I just don't understand, whats so great about it?  Thanks....

Wait I thought to were mudded in at your house todday?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:22:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cgj:

I'm all up for discovering any close-in spots you're hiding near town.  Wink, wink . . .

Well that all depends where you live I guess.  I'm a mere five minutes from a decent blasting space in the desert.  If I want something with longer distance, I'm going to have to drive a little, but not much farther than the TRC.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:27:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By mjrowley:

Originally Posted By CeramicGod:

Please explain WHY?

Wait I thought to were mudded in at your house todday?

I was - roads out were flooded.  I didn't go there that day, but went there when it first opened to check it out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:37:20 AM EDT

o
o
o
Well that all depends where you live I guess.  I'm a mere five minutes from a decent blasting space in the desert.  If I want something with longer distance, I'm going to have to drive a little, but not much farther than the TRC.

Well, you're right about TRC being a peaceful place to go, for a range.  I'd rather be in the desert too.  None of the stress of watching everybody else, even if they look safe, etc . . .
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:36:22 PM EDT
Place closes much too early on most of the days that it is actually  open.  They are having a public meeting to plot their future, discuss memberships, etc. I don't have the paperwork with me, so I don't know the exact date.

I cruised by there last Saturday.  Clean enough place with plenty of parking.  I was hoping they were set up for trap shoots, but didn't see anything of the sort.  I would be all over that......
Top Top