Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2005 11:10:52 AM EDT
Ok, I've heard over and over now how great this place is.

Please explain WHY?

It has very limited range, what 200 yards, and thats only a few tables - and there's orange coats walking round watching everything you do.

I'll take the TRC, thanks - I like it there.

But, I'm not ragging- I just don't understand, whats so great about it?  Thanks....
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 11:25:04 AM EDT
[#1]
I like it because its closer than 3 points, its a pretty nice range-though limited.  its a nice place to go punch paper for a couple hours.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:21:46 PM EDT
[#2]
hi where is this pima county range at and where is trc? thanks! i am new here and don't quite know where everything is yet.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:24:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
hi where is this pima county range at and where is trc? thanks! i am new here and don't quite know where everything is yet.

pima county range is out near the fairgrounds, TRC is out at three points
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I still don't get the whole "range mentality" unless you're shooting a comp or taking a class.  I'll take the desert over a range any day.
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I still don't get the whole "range mentality" unless you're shooting a comp or taking a class.  I'll take the desert over a range any day.

+1
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I like the desert better too but it's getting to be a long drive to find a nice place without houses
sprouting closer and closer . . .

As far as the Pima County range, at least it's clean, well arranged, and not too expensive.
200 yds is better than the 100 at Desert Trails.  I agree that the "staff" is a tad intrusive,
but they're freindly, compared to the krabs at some other ranges I've been to.  I don't mind
the extra attention to safety, if i'm at a public range that I can't control myself.  I bet I get
tired of the place as soon as the rest of Tucson starts showing up.  

I'm all up for discovering any close-in spots you're hiding near town.  Wink, wink . . .
Link Posted: 1/4/2005 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Please explain WHY?

It has very limited range, what 200 yards, and thats only a few tables - and there's orange coats walking round watching everything you do.

But, I'm not ragging- I just don't understand, whats so great about it?  Thanks....

Wait I thought to were mudded in at your house todday?
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:22:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm all up for discovering any close-in spots you're hiding near town.  Wink, wink . . .

Well that all depends where you live I guess.  I'm a mere five minutes from a decent blasting space in the desert.  If I want something with longer distance, I'm going to have to drive a little, but not much farther than the TRC.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:27:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please explain WHY?

Wait I thought to were mudded in at your house todday?

I was - roads out were flooded.  I didn't go there that day, but went there when it first opened to check it out.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 11:37:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
o
o
o
Well that all depends where you live I guess.  I'm a mere five minutes from a decent blasting space in the desert.  If I want something with longer distance, I'm going to have to drive a little, but not much farther than the TRC.

Well, you're right about TRC being a peaceful place to go, for a range.  I'd rather be in the desert too.  None of the stress of watching everybody else, even if they look safe, etc . . .
Link Posted: 1/10/2005 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Place closes much too early on most of the days that it is actually  open.  They are having a public meeting to plot their future, discuss memberships, etc. I don't have the paperwork with me, so I don't know the exact date.

I cruised by there last Saturday.  Clean enough place with plenty of parking.  I was hoping they were set up for trap shoots, but didn't see anything of the sort.  I would be all over that......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top