Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/27/2012 6:49:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:05:12 AM EDT
trust...
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:33:39 AM EDT
just get a Trust.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:34:30 AM EDT
Ben Johnson won't. Just go the trust route.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:31:31 AM EDT
Yep, go the trust route. A buddy of mine that knows Ben Johnson said that he doesn't even want new gun shops opening up in Volusia Co..
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:12:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ljh824:
Ben Johnson won't. Just go the trust route.

This!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:14:06 AM EDT
Originally Posted By baggerjohn:
Yep, go the trust route. A buddy of mine that knows Ben Johnson said that he doesn't even want new gun shops opening up in Volusia Co..

Grew up around him and his brothers, for a country boy, he sure has been a disappointment.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:01:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2012 6:04:11 PM EDT by dogrunner]
After seeing his performance in front of the legislative committee opposing the open carry amendmentto 790 I was convinced to vote against him..........regardless of opponent. Came across as an illiterate bumpkin, and grossly mistated current law.

I have heard he'll sign for an MG, but for some unknown reason not a supressor.

I also'll toss out this tidbit. He's a member of the private hunt club on the old Farmton mgmnt area. I heard a couple of years back that the group he was with was illegally using marine radios while hunting on that lease........reportedly Johnson was contacted and shut that down & picked up the gear...........Now, don't know it personally for certain, but the individual that told me is a retired state officer. Sorta makes one question his ethics if he'd previously taken part in and had knowledge of that illicit usage doesn't it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:29:34 PM EDT
I dont understand why these CLEOs won't sign off on these, They should have to have a damn good reason to deny it, other than that they think it's for the best, you should have to present a legit threat or something. Should be "shall issue"...bastards
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:57:27 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dogrunner:
After seeing his performance in front of the legislative committee opposing the open carry amendmentto 790 I was convinced to vote against him..........regardless of opponent. Came across as an illiterate bumpkin, and grossly mistated current law.

I have heard he'll sign for an MG, but for some unknown reason not a supressor.

I also'll toss out this tidbit. He's a member of the private hunt club on the old Farmton mgmnt area. I heard a couple of years back that the group he was with was illegally using marine radios while hunting on that lease........reportedly Johnson was contacted and shut that down & picked up the gear...........Now, don't know it personally for certain, but the individual that told me is a retired state officer. Sorta makes one question his ethics if he'd previously taken part in and had knowledge of that illicit usage doesn't it.

..ya mean running vhs is a no no inland..but but all the hunt clubs use them..
whats worse is when they run beefed up ssb and 10m iirc bands for their traffic with out a am. radio license...
but folks over look all that....

fwiw i heard a lot of no no's going on in farmington once it went private...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:37:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/28/2012 2:41:31 PM EDT by dogrunner]
Don't know about any other improprieties, Protus, but it's interesting to note that the club president is the former FWC warden for that area........Thomas, last I heard he was also the Mayor in Edgewater.

Meant to add I'm in absolute agreement with you relative to the encroachment into the amateur bands. I'm an extra.......have been for a lotta years........couple years back I was dog hunting in Ocala when I heard a group using 2M........I called them, using my call sign, and was met with UTTER silence on that band, guess they got the idea haven't heard a repeat since.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:45:37 PM EDT
Originally Posted By david05111:
I dont understand why these CLEOs won't sign off on these, They should have to have a damn good reason to deny it, other than that they think it's for the best, you should have to present a legit threat or something. Should be "shall issue"...bastards

There IS a way to deal with the sign off refusals...........get someone in the legislature to sponsor a bill mandating it. I believe the State of Virginia has such a statute..........
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:33:32 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dogrunner:
Don't know about any other improprieties, Protus, but it's interesting to note that the club president is the former FWC warden for that area........Thomas, last I heard he was also the Mayor in Edgewater.

Meant to add I'm in absolute agreement with you relative to the encroachment into the amateur bands. I'm an extra.......have been for a lotta years........couple years back I was dog hunting in Ocala when I heard a group using 2M........I called them, using my call sign, and was met with UTTER silence on that band, guess they got the idea haven't heard a repeat since.

i hunted farmington as a kid in the 80's.i had to hunt ocala when it closed and never went back,,yeah the old fwc guy,,bought it,,then turned it into a hunt club. had some buddies who hunted there,,you paid 11-1200$ a year iirc, for a 1 acre sq you could hang a stand at..from way i was told it wasnt a good set up...

wouldnt surprise me at the mayors job....glad i dont live in edgewater anymore. lmoa then again where im at is smaller than oak hill ever was lol
Top Top