Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 4:34:11 PM EDT
Hey all!
I told Shi-Huang-Di this today and I might as well share it with you all.

At work I am running into a LOT of materials! Just today I got twelve 6'9"x4' sheets of galvanized 25ga steel with all edges bent at 90degrees 1/2" all the way around.

I have tons of tec screws, bolts, and assorted hardware.

All the signs we put up at my job, usually come crated in 1"x4" wood that I am as well saving. I am trying to get plywood, but unfortunately my boss uses pretty much all he gets his hands on.

2x4's are scarce for me too.

Steel, on the other hand, is not.

I guess what I am getting at is;
    This Saturday my wife gets out of school at the earliest 9:30. I want to make it to the range and hammer some steel with the trusty ole AK for a few hours if possible.
 If she runs late I will probably make it to the range after noon ( reason is I have to get the girls to acting class if Kelly can't make it home on time.). If that is the case I still want to shoot for a couple hours. That puts me back at the homestead at 2-3ish pm.

However, after that I am going to start cutting steel and welding up more reactive targets, while hopefully, I can wrangle anyone in the Columbia/Jeff City and surrounding areas to come help make another 12 walls with Shi-Huang-Di (If he is willing of course).

I will supply a bunch of BBQ for this endeavor. I am hoping beer and cigars will be flowing and smoking as well.  And if no one comes...more for me!!! Hee hee heee!!!

Regardless I would like to make an open invitation to any and all who would like to come help in this build for the range at CMMG.

I figure I already have more than 2 truckloads of material, and once it is all built it will probably take up even more space, so when it gets time to go out to CMMG again I would ask anyone who can help to take some of this stuff out with me!

I have a ton of tools, but cordless anything will definately be helpful as the welder taxes the house's juice WAAAY to much as is.

The last time Shi-Huang-Di and BetaMO helped out we spent a lot of time drinking and a lot time working so it all evens out in the end! It should be a real casual day so if you have kids, feel free to bring them along. I have two girls (that many of you have met) that just love to play and have a lot of room to do so in.
I have been neglecting the house cleaning a little so don't be too over critical of my slobbery! Hee hee hee!!

If you are interested, IM me and I'll zap you back my phone # and address to get to my place!

I, personally, am lookin foward to a relaxing weekend of welding, drinking, and fun!!!!!!!
Marshall

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Metalman,

It is looking really good for Saturday.  I will call you.  

If anyone has any requests for special Course Of Fire designs, layout or items PLEASE TELL Metalman!  If you see something on the COF's on sharpshooter.com or somewhere else post it.

Link Posted: 10/31/2003 10:33:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
reason is I have to get the girls to acting class if Kelly can't make it home on time

Don't the girls act up enough as it is?? hehehe have
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top