Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2004 12:35:20 PM EDT
ARGH!!!  I've been trying to find a place to shoot all week.  I normally go out to the Tacoma Sportsman, but they're doing "sight in" week and don't let you load more than one in the mag.  WEAK!  I've desperately tried to find another public range to no avail.

So now I've resigned to the gravel pit. I'm in Auburn and we're going to head towards Black Diamond or Elbe.  Anyone have decent directions to a good gravel pit?  

On a side note, is it in any way illegal to be shooting up a gravel pit?  I know a ton of people do it, but with my kind of luck I'd end up in a pit behind the sheriff's office. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Tacoma Sportsman Club member here.

I hate sight-in days too!

According to my calendar it ends on Oct 4th this year.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks JAFO, tip noted.  I think that's our only choice.  Head East young man!  I went to college in Ellensburg at CWU.  You could pretty much drive your truck in a any direction and setup targets when you couldn't see buildings any more. hil
I think we need to start a semi-auto only range.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you sure that the one round rule isn't only for the sight-in days?

I haven't been to the club in a while but we never had that rule before.

Bumping a 30-off isn't going to help you stay on the range, but 5 rounds in the magazine shouldn't be a problem with any of the range guys.

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:06:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah, the one round thing is only for the sight in days.  I'll go back after they are done.  I just think they should break the weekend up so you can load a couple into your mag at some point.

No problems though, I found a new home. Kitsap has a range that lets you go buck wild....and with full-auto if you have it.  They're even having a combat shoot this weekend. Rilfles, shotguns, and pistol categories.  Room clearing, combat course, and long range rapid shoot.  Sounds like a cool club and isn't much further from me than TS.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, the one round thing is only for the sight in days.  I'll go back after they are done.  I just think they should break the weekend up so you can load a couple into your mag at some point.

No problems though, I found a new home. Kitsap has a range that lets you go buck wild....and with full-auto if you have it.  They're even having a combat shoot this weekend. Rilfles, shotguns, and pistol categories.  Room clearing, combat course, and long range rapid shoot.  Sounds like a cool club and isn't much further from me than TS.  

What's their policy about Tannerite?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:03:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 7:35:49 AM EDT
[#8]
I'd like to keep it within an hour but depending on how much the range will let me play, I'd drive up to two hours.

Just a little background...I got into firearms about five or six months ago and I've purchased a new gun just about every month.  Not to mention I've sent off parts to two different gunsmiths to have them build two custom guns for me.  It's like crack man, I can't stop!!! have
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'll have to check into Tannerite.

You like collecting expensive habits
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top