Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/19/2004 2:54:41 PM EST
Guy came into the store this morning just back from a Moose hunt in Vermont with a NICE bull Moose in the back of his truck. This thing filled the entire lenght and width of a full size one ton Chevy! The hunter said "it dressed out at 893 pounds". I asked "how you get it out and loaded?" A: We used a log loader.
I've seen lots of pictures, mounts,... but this is the first up-close and personal. All I could think was; I've rode smaller horses.
Gotta go get one!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:17:47 AM EST
I was in my friend's taxidermy shop this weekend. He had a ~52" Siberian moose he was starting to mount. He told me it was actually on the small side, with a >60" spread being desired as a trophy. It looked DAMNED big to me!

The other side of the story is also interesting. The hunter dropped 25K on this Siberian moose hunt. $25,000.00

We always butchered a steer or "beefer" every year on the farm when I was growing up. We used a big John Deere with front end loader for the hard work. Can you imagine dropping a big bull a hard hike from your base camp?????? Wooooo, my back hurts just thinking about it:)

Oh yeah, the single time I ate moose meat, a roast at a wild game dinner, it was outstanding!!!
Top Top