Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2004 3:54:41 PM EDT
Guy came into the store this morning just back from a Moose hunt in Vermont with a NICE bull Moose in the back of his truck. This thing filled the entire lenght and width of a full size one ton Chevy! The hunter said "it dressed out at 893 pounds". I asked "how you get it out and loaded?" A: We used a log loader.
I've seen lots of pictures, mounts,... but this is the first up-close and personal. All I could think was; I've rode smaller horses.
Gotta go get one!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:17:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I was in my friend's taxidermy shop this weekend. He had a ~52" Siberian moose he was starting to mount. He told me it was actually on the small side, with a >60" spread being desired as a trophy. It looked DAMNED big to me!

The other side of the story is also interesting. The hunter dropped 25K on this Siberian moose hunt. $25,000.00

We always butchered a steer or "beefer" every year on the farm when I was growing up. We used a big John Deere with front end loader for the hard work. Can you imagine dropping a big bull a hard hike from your base camp?????? Wooooo, my back hurts just thinking about it:)

Oh yeah, the single time I ate moose meat, a roast at a wild game dinner, it was outstanding!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top