Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 6:15:23 AM EDT

Group Seeks Same-Sex Marriage in Iowa

(CNSNews.com) - A homosexual advocacy group said it will file a lawsuit Tuesday in Iowa, "seeking the right to marry for same-sex couples." Details will be announced at press conference in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids, where some of the plaintiffs will speak, Lambda Legal said in a press release.

It's already illegal here.  What do they think they're going to accomplish?

Shok
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:31:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks as though they have more money than brains.

Cazador2
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]
That is their only option, sue the state and get an "unconstitutional" ruling and the law goes away. Hope they run out of money!
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]
anybody remember the story of a little place called Rome?  when their society became so liberal they eventually were completely decimated by their neighboring lands and societies?

i wonder where our future lies, when a group occupying less than 1% of the total group dictate policy routinely for the remaining 99%...  i'm no fan of "the mass's must be correct" but come on...

scary.

disappointing.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:33:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
anybody remember the story of a little place called Rome?  when their society became so liberal they eventually were completely decimated by their neighboring lands and societies?

i wonder where our future lies, when a group occupying less than 1% of the total group dictate policy routinely for the remaining 99%...  i'm no fan of "the mass's must be correct" but come on...

scary.

disappointing.

hr

Amen Brother!!!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Interesting, I had the same thought, to do with the fall of Rome.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top