Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 9:13:14 AM EDT
So I heard from multiple people that you can openly shoot on Federal land (state parks, etc) in WA...

Can any of you confirm this AND/OR know of any "designated" spots like these gravel pits i keep hearing about?

Anywhere near the greater Seattle area (within a 45 minute drive of course)?

I'm having trouble finding a place to let my Bushmaster breathe... alot of the local ranges don't allow "high power rifles"/.223 unless youre a member.... and its kind of a hassle driving to the jefferson county outdoor range just to squeeze off some rounds.

Any help appreciated, thanks!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, he didn't even buy us drinks first.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey, if any of you are in the Seattle/northgate area, id love to go out for a drink! first round is on me! -Cheers
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:37:17 AM EDT
[#3]
IBPCRBATAFTB
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info, Phil. Yes i realize i am still a n00b here to the forums... but hopefully wish to become a regular.
I agree, it's a sad thing to see stuff like that posted or at a location. I've been out around Index, WA in the hills and seen that stuff. I always have my brass catcher with me luckily. Ive lived all my life in Seattle and love the outdoors and would never do anything to destroy this beautiful area (the conservationist in me!).

Being new into this sport/hobby, i'd love to get involved more, whether its competition or just plinking. I love rifles and have aquired quite a collection over the past year or  so (its soo addicting!), including suppressors. I'm mostly a rimfire guy, but looove the AR platform.
with that being said, i guess all i can say is if anyone would be willing to share or suggest a location outdoors where I can plink VIA EMAIL or other private means, i would greatly appreciate that... grinch at fibercoax.net

Ive actually been trying to get some more info about a gravel pit near mill creek since that seems to be the nearest place to me.. unless theres somewhere near north seattle..

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey, if any of you are in the Seattle/northgate area, id love to go out for a drink! first round is on me! -Cheers

careful what you say.  An open invite like that can be overwhelming around here.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:58:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Wherever you end up going...try to pack out more than you came in with.

My employer has several very large commercial dumpsters that get dumped regularly as part of the service...even if the dumpsters aren't full.

So he doesn't care if the employees use them...kind of a perk of sorts.

Needless to say, I have managed to drag quite a bit of junk out of my shooting haunts.

Seems like there are a lot of irresponsible people out there that will eventually ruin things for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Because seeing this kind of stuff posted really sucks.
portlandhikers.com/forums/thread/46103.aspx

Ugh...reading that crap makes me sick.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#9]
hmm... looking into joining you guys for the LCR shoot if i can get that friday off from work.. I read the FAQ's, but would directions to the rendezvous. hmmmm.. so tempting..
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:44:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Agreed...it's embarrassing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
IBPCRBATAFTB

TAFGTB
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:04:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How so? Can't say I disagree with most of what the OP said.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Ive actually been trying to get some more info about a gravel pit near mill creek since that seems to be the nearest place to me..

Unless it is a range, that is all a NO Shooting area.

Now,

Where do you shoot your can?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#14]
height=8
Quoted:
Now,

Where do you shoot your can?

Like all the rest of you lawful abiding NFA peeps, i drive myself to Oregon or Idaho hough
as for shooting outdoors in the area, i havent had any problems going to the national forest areas.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:51:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Hi.  I live in Sequim and I hate driving to the Jefferson Range.  There is a great place that we shoot at called "Slab Camp".  It is about 15 minutes up the logging roads just outside of Sequim.  If you are interested and it is not too far for you, I can give you directions.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:27:34 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what have you done about it? Some people TRIED to get a BUNCH of people together to clean up one pit. IF this makes you sick lets get together and start cleaning up the shooting pits!

You know only tree hugging faggots clean up pits!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:21:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So what have you done about it? Some people TRIED to get a BUNCH of people together to clean up one pit. IF this makes you sick lets get together and start cleaning up the shooting pits!

I've certainly packed out a helluva lot more than what I've ever come in with.  What makes me sick are: 1) those few idiots that are going to ruin it for the rest of us; and 2) those that make assumptions about all shooters based on a few vagrants and publish propaganda like that.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahem...that's "Tree Hugging HIPPY faggots".  Get it straight, poohbear.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 10:15:24 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
looking into joining you guys for the LCR shoot if i can get that friday off from work.. I read the FAQ's, but would directions to the rendezvous.

Didja read this part?

For obvious reasons, we don’t advertise the location of the pit in the open forum. First timers need to make the rendezvous. If you are a GPS or Google Earth person, the lat/long is: 41.948N 87.656W
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
looking into joining you guys for the LCR shoot if i can get that friday off from work.. I read the FAQ's, but would directions to the rendezvous.

Didja read this part?

For obvious reasons, we don’t advertise the location of the pit in the open forum. First timers need to make the rendezvous. If you are a GPS or Google Earth person, the lat/long is: 41.948N 87.656W

LMAO every time I see that
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When the weather is nice, I go shooting to Wildcat Mountain with my father-in-law almost once a week.  Those pictures don't even show a tenth of the damage and mess that I see.  

When we go to Wildcat Mountain, the first thing we do is pick up all the brass.  Some days, i have come back with a nearly full 5 gallon bucket full of brass.  Most of it was still shiny and reloadable.

I've also seen everything from tvs, barbeques, propane bottles and millions of pop/water/beer bottles and cans.  It is horrible to think people would leave that much trash and not even try to clean it up.  

I hate to say it, but the mess is not going unnoticed by Fish and Game.  Lower elevations of the mountain are already closed to shooting.  Unfortunately, the no shooting zone is creeping upward toward the peak.  
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 12:34:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I do!
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:42:41 AM EDT
[#23]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Didja read this part?height=8

I believe he's just asking for directions to the *rendezvous*, not to the shoot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Thats correct. im up in north Seattle. not too familiar with the south end
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#26]
And were off with page 2!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top