Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 2:39:52 AM EDT
For those who are curious I just was honorably discharged as an Army SGT in June.  I'm looking for a new job to keep me busy while I attend UT this spring--preferably something in the Austin--Georgetown--Roundrock area.  If you know any places that are hiring let me know hanks
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:15:37 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
For those who are curious I just was honorably discharged as an Army SGT in June.  I'm looking for a new job to keep me busy while I attend TU this spring--preferably something in the Austin--Georgetown--Roundrock area.  If you know any places that are hiring let me know  My military occupation was supply, but I worked outside my MOS for most of my military career as an executive administrative assistant.  Thanks for the help

fixed it for ya

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:59:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:20:55 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
For those who are curious I just was honorably discharged as an Army SGT in June.  I'm looking for a new job to keep me busy while I attend UT this spring--preferably something in the Austin--Georgetown--Roundrock area.  If you know any places that are hiring let me know hanks

What kind of fields do you like to work?  Give us some ideas what you're good at.

Well, I have 3.5 years military experience as an administrative assistant--so any type of receptionist/secretary jobs are great.  I have two years of college in General Studies and will be pre-pharmacy at UT.  I'm not a certified pharmacy technician, but would like to get into that field if possible since I plan on becoming a pharmacist.  Let me know if this helps or if you need more details.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:07:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:23:59 AM EDT
[#5]

I don't know how much this info helps but:  you can study (heard that it's not hard) and take the test (certified pharm. tech).  Once passing, you can make about $13.00/hr as a pharm. tech.  I can find out more if you want since I know some people are doing it.

That would be great thanks!  I didn't know you can just study and take the test I thought that you had to go through sometime of class first.  Can you retake the test if you don't pass the first time?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#6]
May seem like an odd job, but you might try becoming a leasing agent for apartment complexes.

You know, sit there and look cute, show apartments, take applications etc.  Should pay around $12.00 an hour or so.

I know how much you wanted to become a dancer, but you have to have a tan for that.  Sorry girl.

TXL
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
For those who are curious I just was honorably discharged as an Army SGT in June.  I'm looking for a new job to keep me busy while I attend UT this spring--preferably something in the Austin--Georgetown--Roundrock area.  If you know any places that are hiring let me know  My military occupation was supply, but I worked outside my MOS for most of my military career as an executive administrative assistant.  Thanks for the help

What kind of fields do you like to work?  Give us some ideas what you're good at.

Well, I have 3.5 years military experience as an administrative assistant--so any type of receptionist/secretary jobs are great.  I have two years of college in General Studies and will be pre-pharmacy at UT.  I'm not a certified pharmacy technician, but would like to get into that field if possible since I plan on becoming a pharmacist.  Let me know if this helps or if you need more details.

I don't know how much this info helps but:  you can study (heard that it's not hard) and take the test (certified pharm. tech).  Once passing, you can make about $13.00/hr as a pharm. tech.  I can find out more if you want since I know some people are doing it.

That's decent but if you have an interest in pharmacy then get your  Pharm. D from UT and then make easily $50/hour.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's decent but if you have an interest in pharmacy then get your  Pharm. D from UT and then make easily $50/hour.  

I'm starting classes this spring at UT to get my degree in pharmacy, but I would like to start working to make some extra money while I go to school
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
May seem like an odd job, but you might try becoming a leasing agent for apartment complexes.

You know, sit there and look cute, show apartments, take applications etc.  Should pay around $12.00 an hour or so.

I know how much you wanted to become a dancer, but you have to have a tan for that.  Sorry girl. hr

Dancer?  Don't think so!  Our apartment complex will be hiring a leasing agent soon so I plan on applying for that job.  The only bad part is it pays $8 an hr.  However, every apt you lease or every lease you renew they give you a $50 bonus.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:39:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Not trying to be funny, but Wal Mart pharmacy staff makes decent funds.  You might apply there.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Not trying to be funny, but Wal Mart pharmacy staff makes decent funds.  You might apply there.

I wouldn't mind applying there--but I'm not a certified pharmacy technician
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:55:04 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
For those who are curious I just was honorably discharged as an Army SGT in June.  I'm looking for a new job to keep me busy while I attend UT this spring--preferably something in the Austin--Georgetown--Roundrock area.  If you know any places that are hiring let me know  My military occupation was supply, but I worked outside my MOS for most of my military career as an executive administrative assistant.  Thanks for the help

I'm starting classes this spring at UT to get my degree in pharmacy, but I would like to start working to make some extra money while I go to school

Good luck...my GF got her doctorate in pharmacy from UT a few years back.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah got a lot of school ahead of me, but it will be worthwhile in the long run i'm sure!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#15]
TXREDNECK - -

No matter how much you hate us ------

WE   WILL  STILL   SPANK   A&Ms   ASS  THIS  YEAR, TOO

Don't hate us bacause you want to be like us.

I know you Aggies  F***  SHEEP

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
TXREDNECK - -

No matter how much you hate us ------

WE   WILL  STILL   SPANK   A&Ms   ASS  THIS  YEAR, TOO

Don't hate us bacause you want to be like us.

I know you Aggies  F***  SHEEP

sorry, but my dumbass fuckers in pads against your dumbass fuckers in pads doesn't particularly interest me.  the fact that ATM is still a conservative school with some values and that TU is a fucking hippy orgy is my basis on the argument..............

overall of course, i'm sure GoodLuckCharm will bring SOME semblance of non-suckity to it.  probably 4 or 5 other students that don't drive VW bugs with peace sign tailight covers too, ya never know
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:46:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of being the Pharmacists assistant.  My ex used to be one, and later when she became Pharmacist she told me that working as an assistant there helped in school.  Not to mention, you get a PHAT 10% discount on everything, including ammo.

Not really.  You'd just be selling the and labeling the medications, and helping with OTC stuff.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SUHU (the dirty li'l bastard traitor to AZ ) started a good resource thread for folks of your ilk (vet, job-hunting) o'er in HoH:

Are you a veteran?  Are you job-hunting?

Best o' luck,

Jake.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of being the Pharmacists assistant.  My ex used to be one, and later when she became Pharmacist she told me that working as an assistant there helped in school.  Not to mention, you get a PHAT 10% discount on everything, including ammo.hr

Isn't pharmacy tech and pharmacy assistant the same thing?  If not I'm interested to hear more details.  Every place that I've seen requires a certification to work in the pharmacy.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SUHU (the dirty li'l bastard traitor to AZ hread

Best o' luck,

Jake.

Yes job-hunting veteran here!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Look at all your local hospitals and long term care facilities for Phram Assistant.  This will get you started while you work on the tech. certification.  (Don't forget about Wal-greens, CVS and all those places too).

The assistant does anything that needs done but most of the time that I know about they answer the phone and deliver meds to the floor.  It shouldn't be that hard to get started.  

Go to the Pharm. department at school and introduce yourself to the faculity and tell them you're trying to find a job as a Phram assistant too.  They know lots of people in the field.  They'll also like  you because you thought enough to come by and say hello before school started.

R.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:50:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SUHU (the dirty li'l bastard traitor to AZ ) started a good resource thread for folks of your ilk (vet, job-hunting) o'er in HoH:

Best o' luck,

Jake.

Yes job-hunting veteran here!

Well, what're ya waitin' for, girl...... get to readin'!

ETA: And take a break every once in a while; you don't wanna get burnt out.  Oh, and while yer up.......... why doncha go ahead'n fix Mike a sammich?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Look at all your local hospitals and long term care facilities for Phram Assistant.  This will get you started while you work on the tech. certification.  (Don't forget about Wal-greens, CVS and all those places too).

The assistant does anything that needs done but most of the time that I know about they answer the phone and deliver meds to the floor.  It shouldn't be that hard to get started.  

Go to the Pharm. department at school and introduce yourself to the faculity and tell them you're trying to find a job as a Phram assistant too.  They know lots of people in the field.  They'll also like  you because you thought enough to come by and say hello before school started.

R.

Thanks for the good advice
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#24]
TX  REDNECK - - - - -

You wrote :

TU is a fucking hippy orgy

SOMETHING WRONG WITH AN  ORGY ??????????????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

At A&M are the orgies w/ sheep????????  

HAHAHAHAHAHA
I crack my self up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Waaaay off, man..................

Goats are the new sheep.  

Oh, snap!  Did I jus' say that?
(and for that matter, did I just say "Oh snap" )

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top