BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/7/2009 5:23:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Ya got anymore of the Ciener kits available?
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 7:15:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 5:57:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 6:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:07:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there.

What's up with shows in the DFW area lately?  seems like theres one almost every weekend.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:42:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll be there.

What's up with shows in the DFW area lately?  seems like theres one almost every weekend.

Nuthin.....we normally have one every weekend.....'cept for July, August and September.....and then Feb.

The building that Big Town gun show is in has perpetual a/c problems...so Matt tried not to have any during the hottest part of summer.  But he had to lease the place 11 times a year or some such....which is why some months had 2 shows.  I think Matt(the previous promoter) spent over $10K trying to get repairs done to the place.  Feb and March just seem to not have shows, Ft. Worth has the Live Stock Show during that time. ETA:  Oh forgot....2 promoters for shows in Ft. Worth both use the same venue.

mm
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Might try to make it Sunday afternoon. Ive got a company picnic Saturday and will most likely be up all night Friday night. Gonna need some sleep Saturday afternoon.

Robbie, Could I get an IM with a price on the ceiner kit?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:30:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Might try to make it Sunday afternoon. Ive got a company picnic Saturday and will most likely be up all night Friday night. Gonna need some sleep Saturday afternoon.

Where ya goin'?....
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:26:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where ya goin'?....
Might have to go help out some local yokel...

That'd be like Barney Deputizing Gomer huh....

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:27:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

email sent
Got it, Thank you.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 9:51:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey Robbie,

I need to get some parts to finish up a Cav Arms lower that I'm building. Can you hook me up on this list, or would I have to go to someone else? Here's the list:

- Hammer
 - Hammer Spring
 - Trigger
 - Trigger Spring
 - Disconnector
 - Disconnector Spring
 - Carbine Action Spring
 - Trigger and Hammer pins
 - Bolt Catch
 - Bolt Catch roll pin

I think that's all I need. I already have a safety, detent, spring, Mag release, spring, bolt catch spring, bolt catch plunger, buffer retainer, spring and carbine buffer.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be there selling my new zombie targets.  Not sure how much info is appropriate to post since I don;t have a dealer membership here.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 11:31:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Robbie
I need an inexpensive one piece scope mount, 1". Got anything like that laying around?

Also need a new pocket knife, Spyderco Native. I bought the last one at Big Town. Who has them?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Robbie, told you're the man about some 1911 parts, I need three blue grip screw bushings. See ya there!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:24:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:24:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:20:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Any uppers receivers in stock?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Robbie
I need an inexpensive one piece scope mount, 1". Got anything like that laying around?

I have the RRA one piece and it's nice.

Bring one and I'll swing by and get it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:15:04 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be there!

I'm looking for a Noveske KX3 FH, 2 KAC rail panels, and a nice 2 point sling
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'll be there!

I'm looking for a Noveske KX3 FH, 2 KAC rail panels, and a nice 2 point sling

Robbie had some Blue Force 2 point slings at the last show in Cowtown. I picked up one and it works great, high quality stuff.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:32:37 AM EDT
[#23]
its open and the line looked long at 8 am when i rolled in.....parking as usual looked terrible.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:46:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Is the construction still up and is the back way in off of Harry Hines open?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:24:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There is still construction, but it should not affect traffic in and out of Market Hall.

mm

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:54:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:27:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

i didnt go in the back entrance today but i left that way last night and there wasn't anything out there that would make it seem like you couldn't enter or exit that way.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:54:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I went in search of a 9mm XD Compact with night sights. I found one, but it was the only one at the show, and there was already a guy buying it.

Plenty of AR's to go around. Colt 6920's for $1200. Several vendors had LWRC's.

Bachman had one SCAR for an OMGBBQ!!11!! price.

I saw a couple of the new Colt .22 rifles.

There were many Sig 556 Classics, but they were all still a bit too pricey.

One vendor had a stack of complete POF rifles for $2,000 each. I really wanted to take one home.

Pmags were ridiculously overpriced considering how cheap and available they are online.

Pallets of overpriced ammo with no buyers. There was Bear, Golden Tiger, XM193, etc., etc...

Plenty of Wal-Mart ammo buying opportunities for the suckers.

All I ended up buying was an FAL buttstock ferrule.

All in all a decent show considering the times. I hope for the prices to continue to slide downwards. There may be some real deals out there towards the end of the summer.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Did ya'll see the guy in the 2nd room selling .223 LC & Winchester ammo (late 80s production) for $285 per 1200 rounds in ammo cans?  

I could only afford one can of it unfortunately.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I went in search of a 9mm XD Compact with night sights. I found one, but it was the only one at the show, and there was already a guy buying it.

One vendor had a stack of complete POF rifles for $2,000 each. I really wanted to take one home.

Pmags were ridiculously overpriced considering how cheap and available they are online.

Pallets of overpriced ammo with no buyers. There was Bear, Golden Tiger, XM193, etc., etc...

All in all a decent show considering the times. I hope for the prices to continue to slide downwards. There may be some real deals out there towards the end of the summer.

I searched for 2 months before I found an XD 9mm subcompact.....gave my card to about 6 dealers(local and gun show)....it paid off.

What new Colt .22 rifle??!!!1!!

Robbie had Pmags....Jen had them for $13.95...Robbie was also selling lowers for the same price he had them 2½ years ago.....Jen's lowers were very competively priced.

Other than .380 ammo and Ammo 4 U(way way expensive)....many of the ammo dealers were competitive to what I can buy with a dealer's discount from online sources....but, the 8¼% sales tax wipes out any possible savings or even price parity with the online sources.

ETA:   Robbie looked occupied with customers, Jen had a few.  The big tables like Bachman, Schramm's, Gun Store had people just sitting around...no customers filling out 4473s.  There were also a lot of dealers and ammo vendors I have never seen before....the promoters also opened up the north hall of the building.

mm
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Most ARs I've seen at a show in a while.  Decent pricing (versus two months ago) on most things except ammo.  Picked up some parts from Robbie and Jen.  Jen had a LWRC 6.8 10.5" full auto.  It would almost be worth the hassle of having a C3/SOT to just have one of those.  Saw three FN SCARs with the cheapest being $3995.

Other than that, the same folks with the same overpriced second hand firearms.  The older grey haired main with all the S&Ws still has the same wheelguns on his table as he did back five years ago.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 12:52:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:19:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Did ya'll see the guy in the 2nd room selling .223 LC & Winchester ammo (late 80s production) for $285 per 1200 rounds in ammo cans?  

I could only afford one can of it unfortunately.

the guy came to my table and showed it to me.  it isn't LC or Winchester.  it is headstamped TZZ which my recollection tells me is Israeli Military Industries and he said it was 1986 production.  should be non corrosive.

and his sign said 1200 rounds for $300.  he said it was delinked ammo and some of the brass was dented in the delinking process.

on a side note, i had another guy show me a plastic box of 100 loose pack 9mm ammo.  he said he wanted $30 for 100 rounds and had a box top stuck in the plastic box identifying it as WWB.  he said that was the box top from the factory box he got this ammo from.  i told him i didn't know that Winchester was using CCI brass.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

CAR_16.....How much are those in red?

The SCAR was well over $3,000. The SIG 556 Classics were all different prices, depending on the vendor and variant. They started at maybe $1650ish.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#35]
One vendor had the SCAR priced at $4k
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
it is headstamped TZZ which my recollection tells me is Israeli Military Industries and he said it was 1986 production.  should be non corrosive.
and his sign said 1200 rounds for $300.

He let me have the 1200 rounds for $270.

I checked  my case and you're right about headstamp/types- some IS Winchester, other is Israeli "TZ" ammo like in the pic below.
A thread about TZZ ammo here on ARFCOM says it's VERY good stuff.

This is IMI 5.56x45mm (223) It is non-corrosive, boxer primed (re-loadable), brass case, 55 gr copper jacketed bullet.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

<snip>

Very interesting. That price for a 6920 is the same as before the election, so maybe prices are coming back to earth.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#38]
i talked to a bunch of dealers today at show closing and most dealers said the show wasn't up to the same par as the past DMH shows.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:02:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:04:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
i talked to a bunch of dealers today at show closing and most dealers said the show wasn't up to the same par as the past DMH shows.

You mean people weren't buying their overpriced firearms, ammo and jerky?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ammo was still high priced, only a few vendors had insane ammo prices....but everyone was high.  Most of the firearms from the dealers that move a lot of stuff have gone down to the same prices they were last summer.

I couldn't find the jerky table.

It did not appear that anyone was selling a lot of anything.  Nice wide almost empty aisles.....morning rush, then thinned out considerably.  I think people are burned out by the extremely high prices of the last few months.  I've been wanting one of those little new production M1 Carbines, but the current prices are about $100 more than I am willing to pay.

Sunday after lunch time might be when you want to walk in with a pocket full of cash.

mm
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#42]
How'd that happen?!

mm

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:13:10 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Yeah, it was pretty sane. No line at 10am. Most prices seem to be down since last show, some things almost back to normal like LE6920 < $1200. Looks like the feeding frenzy is over for the most part.

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:20:32 PM EDT
[#45]
How about the pricing on AK's? Any Hungarian or Polish?

What about the magazines for AR's and AK's?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:45:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

more like the turnout was lower than expected. Which, due to supply meeting demand, summer slowdown, and a poor economy all contributing to it being slower. Also DFW has had several gun shows recently and will be having more. So there us no necessity to show up.

Personally I don't think people are showing up and then leaving totally empty handed, it's the overall turnout that is lower. If you look there are some good deals to be had. I don't think you can go to such a disorganized event (meaning there is no system In which goods are laid out) and expect the good deals to be all on the same table and be ready for your arrival.

I just don't know anyone who will waste the time, money, or effort to go to a gun show to thumb their nose at an overpriced dealer. That's a man with no life!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:54:21 AM EDT
[#47]
It was one of the lightest shows at MH I've seen in awhile.  Plenty of room to walk and guys maneuver their scooters.  Dealers were standing around, form tables were empty, prices were still high but some items were coming down.  AK's were to found for $500ish but still overpriced.  Even with opening the second room, demand has dropped.  Also appeared to be fewer individuals selling.

Slow enough to see Robbie walking around and shooting the bull.  Also, reloading guys from Arkansas were mostly standing around.  I'm waiting for ammunition & components to return to 2007 prices (pre lead surcharge & election frenzy).

I saw some deals but nobody was grabbing.  A couple of used 96's, some wear, for mid $300's, still sitting on table late afternoon.  Many dealers sitting on same inventory from past couple months so I'm waiting to see if they'll deal now.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:18:09 AM EDT
[#48]
I saw a stack of $15 ammo cans.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Did anyone see the guy in full digital camo walking around?  Bloused boots, hat, backpack, drop down holsters on each leg, etc.  He had his g/f with him, so I don't know if he was just advertising what he was selling or just came back from an airsoft match.  

It was quite the chuckle.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:24:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How about the pricing on AK's? Any Hungarian or Polish?

What about the magazines for AR's and AK's?

There were new production metal AK mags for $12.95 there and 40 rounders for $17- I've bought a bunch of them and they seem good. There were used AK mags for $12.95 each as well.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top